GAMMA RAY OPTICS Amber Tint Blue Light Glasses
Last updated date: June 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Blue Light Glasses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Blue Light Glasses you should buy.
The lightweight build and flexible fit of GAMMA RAY OPTICS Amber Tint Blue Light Glasses make them great for long wear, whether you're working, gaming or scrolling through your social media feed. The amber tint enhances the contrast on the screen in front of you, which can actually enhance your gameplay. The design of the frame is stylish enough to allow you to wear them around the office while still looking professional. In our analysis of 59 expert reviews, the GAMMA RAY OPTICS GAMMA RAY OPTICS Amber Tint Blue Light Glasses placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Blue Light Glasses for a detailed review of all the top blue light glasses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Do you do much reading on your computer, tablet or work under fluorescent lighting? If readers are your needs, then the combined optical technology of readers and anti-blue ray lenses of Gamma Ray FlexLite Readers will help keep your eyes reading-ready in any environment. Our affordable price points and fashion forward styles will allow you to pick up a pair for working at the office, home or outside. Each Gamma Ray FlexLite Readers frame is RX-compatible so you can fit our frame at any optometrist with your personal prescription.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Blue Light Glasses
How much time do you spend staring at screens all day? Whether it’s a tablet, smartphone, laptop or LCD screen, chances are it’s hours, rather than minutes. In fact, the average American spends 8.5 hours a day staring at a screen. The problem is, the human eye was not designed to filter out the light coming from those screens.
In recent years, experts have learned more about the damage blue light, which is the type of light emitted from modern screens can cause. Blue light has the shortest wavelengths of any other light within the visible light spectrum. Although you get protection from UV rays via the cornea and lens, blue light slips right through, increasing the risk of macular degeneration.
But this long-term risk isn’t the only negative effect you’ll get from staring at screens all day. Many consumers report headaches, dry eyes, eye strain and even an inability to sleep. The solution to these issues has come in the form of lenses that block blue light. If you already wear glasses, you can upgrade your lenses to include this feature, but you can buy nonprescription blue light glasses if you wear contact lenses or have 20/20 vision. You can use the glasses while you’re working, checking your favorite social media sites or gaming.
DWYM Fun Fact
Insomnia is a common side effect of too much screen time. The reason for that has to do with the body’s circadian rhythm. At one time, people rose with the sun, then went to sleep after the sun went down at night, but electricity meant we could stay up well beyond sundown. The body is built to take cues from the environment, with darkness signaling the increase of melatonin to induce sleep. Blue light suppresses that release, keeping you from getting the natural chemicals you need to drift off once you climb into bed at night. In addition to blue light glasses, you can also use software like the night mode built into many smartphones and laptops to keep blue light at a minimum.
The Blue Light Glasses Buying Guide
- The first thing to consider before you buy is how long you’ll be wearing the glasses. A lightweight, flexible build will come in very useful if you’re wearing them for eight hours or more a day.
- If you game, blue light glasses can do more than simply keep you safe and comfortable. They can enhance the visuals on the screen, possibly improving your gameplay.
- In addition to comfort and flexibility, look at the quality of the build. It may be worth investing in slightly pricier glasses that will last a while.
- Some blue light glasses come with tinted lenses, while others are completely transparent. You may prefer the tint, but some customers favor blue light glasses that look more like regular eyeglasses.
- If you do go for a tint, make sure it’s light enough that it won’t cast everything you view in a strange color, particularly if you’ll be using them for color-sensitive tasks like graphic design.
- The look of the glasses is worth considering. Many blue light glasses are indistinguishable from regular eyeglasses or reading glasses, so it’s just a matter of shopping for a frame that fits your own personal preferences.
- It’s important to note that not all blue light glasses will also protect your eyes from UV rays. That means if you’re out in the sun, you may want to switch to a pair of sunglasses.