AirComfy Travel Contoured Neck Pillow
Last updated date: January 14, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Neck Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Neck Pillow you should buy.
Update as February 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Neck Pillow for a detailed review of all the top neck pillows.
In our analysis of 241 expert reviews, the AirComfy Travel Contoured Neck Pillow placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The contour design not only holds your head upright, it also provides knee and lower, mid or upper back support. CONTROL YOUR COMFORT - Adjustable inflation allows you to choose if you want it soft or firm - making it suitable for men, women and kids of all ages. TAKE IT EVERYWHERE - Excellent for office chairs, car headrests, backpacking, camping, physical therapy, hospital bed recovery, and pregnancy. BLACK AIRCOMFY HAS NO PILLOWCASE for ultimate compactability. LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVELING - The collapsible design compresses into a portable packsack. Free up inner luggage space and clip it to your carryon. HOLD IT IN PLACE - An expandable elastic band secures the pillow to seats, so you can move around and still maintain comfortable placement.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Neck Pillows
Traveling long distances on a plane, train or other forms of transportation is usually part of a tiring day, and the last thing you want is to add a sore neck or back to the equation. Travel pillows are a handy way to help alleviate that soreness. The small, convenient product travels with you and acts as the support you need to find comfort in any situation.
Travel pillows need to be supportive and comfortable. Usually made of soft outer materials, they are often stuffed with a somewhat firm foam material that matches a feel similar to your standard bed pillows. Some of them may even be inflatable, so they can pack down extra small when not in use. If you look at the outer membrane in many of the travel pillow options, you will see some like the Crafty World Neck Pillow, which has a removable cover that is machine washable. This allows you to keep the pillow clean and fresh-smelling.
The inside of the pillow might be even more important though, as it is providing the actual support you need to keep your head and neck in a comfortable and stable position. Since we all have different needs for firmness and thickness in our travel pillows, some companies account for this with adjustable inserts, as seen in the Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow. This option allows you to adjust the pillow to suit your needs the best.
It’s common for travelers to listen to music or audiobooks while they are on the move as well. Travel pillows should allow you to wear your headphones or earbuds in comfort without tugging or putting pressure up around your ears. Some even come with a built-in elastic pocket to hold your MP3 player, so you don’t have to deal with dangling cords that can be snagged as you move around. TheEverlasting Comfort Memory Foam Neck Pillow provides this feature. It also has an adjustable cord that can cinch the pillow around your neck to ensure it stays in place.
Travel pillows aren’t only limited to your neck. Some will open up and bend into any configuration, allowing you to use the neck pillow as a small body pillow or as a more traditional head pillow. The Dot&Dot Memory Foam Travel Pillow For Neck is a great example of this style of pillow. Its flexibility gives you ultimate control over how you want your travel pillow positioned, which can really help you find the best support in any situation.
When you’re walking through the airport or bus terminal, you will want a place to store that neck pillow while not in use. Look for pillows that offer a solution to this problem. Straps and clips allow you to latch your pillow onto a handle of your baggage, so you can have your hands free.
Among the benefits already listed, a travel pillow will likely add warmth to your neck and head area. This can be a great feature on a flight that has cold air circulating through the cabin. But if the pillow is too hot, it could be a deterrent if you’re somewhere warmer where you would rather not have your neck become sweaty. A combination of memory foam and cooling gel can be found in some neck pillow offerings, and this combination will be the most versatile for varying conditions. It is similar to the technology used in your pillows at home, and it keeps your temperature regulated nicely so you can rest easy.
The Neck Pillow Buying Guide
- If you’re looking to maintain a certain style or look during your travels, you can find neck pillows that have a luxurious look without having a steep price tag.
- Value-minded shoppers will be happy to see that some companies sell their travel neck pillows with a bundle that includes earplugs and blackout masks. This combination of products can have most people sleeping soundly, even when there is a lot of noisy commotion or bright lights in the immediate vicinity.
- With adjustable pillows, you will find that after you dial in the right firmness and thickness for your body, there won’t be much need for adjusting it constantly each time you travel. This customization is handy if you are the only person who uses the travel pillow. Put in the legwork the first couple times you use it, and you’ll be set with no more fidgeting.
- A great tip with your travel neck pillow is to think of how you can use it at home or in your daily routine. A pillow placed at the base of your neck can be just the thing to make watching a movie from your couch a more comfortable activity. It can also help alleviate strain on your neck while sitting at your desk. They definitely come in handy on long road trips as well, as you can gently prop your head up on the side of the window or the back of your seat.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide