Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan, 9.5-Inch
Last updated date: November 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Stone Frying Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stone Frying Pan you should buy.
Editor's Note June 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Stone Frying Pan for a detailed review of all the top stone frying pans.
Making healthy, delicious and flavorful meals starts with the right cookware. If you’re using a nonstick pan that doesn’t heat up evenly, you’ll likely end up with a lot of burnt food that is stuck to the bottom of your pan. Plus, parts of your food may be undercooked while others are overdone. And consider the kind of cleanup you’ll have to deal with after. When you want to limit the amount of fat you use in your meals and be able to make cleanup a breeze, opt for a Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan.
Made in Switzerland with a high-quality nonstick coating, the Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan is a great choice for beginner and experienced cooks. The pan has four layers of nonstick coating from ILAG, with exceptional performance. The interior of the pan is made from cast aluminum. This makes the pan durable and long-lasting. It’s incredibly sturdy and made for daily use. You can use it to make eggs in the morning for breakfast, fry up some veggies and noodles for a stir-fry at lunch and then cook a delicious risotto in it for dinner.
Not to mention, the materials of the pan and the nonstick coating do not contain any harmful chemicals. The Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan is 100 percent free from any PFOS, PFOA and non-toxic materials. Plus, this pan is certified by the FDA, SGS, MA and CNAS. The granite coating is made from a natural stone material and is eco friendly.
The Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan has an ergonomic handle design so it is comfortable to use. The handle provides a smooth grip so you have proper control and maneuverability. Plus, the handle stays cool while the pan heats up. As a result, you can safely hold the handles without requiring any mitts or towels while cooking on the stove.
The Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan heats up quickly and evenly, so you no longer have to worry about hot spots and cold spots on your pan. This means you get delicious and perfectly cooked meals every time. The pan is suitable for any kind of stove, including induction. It can also go in the oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.This stone frying pan is suitable for use on all stove tops, even induction tops. It's made using a durable cast aluminum interior that is covered with a granite nonstick coating. Since the pan is also lightweight and equipped with an ergonomic handle, you'll even be able to use it to flip pancakes and crepes.
- Granite coating from natural stone
- Nonstick coating is PFOA free
- Food doesn’t stick so it’s easy to clean
- Ergonomic handles offer comfortable grip and stay cool
- Perfect for all stoves
- Oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- 12-month warranty
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Carote Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Carote, started a nonstick cookware manufacturer, and now become a global kitchenware brand, our mission is to provide best value products to customers, through directly retailing that from production to end consumers, globalized marketing, and offering high quality products and service. Eco-friendly Granite Coating – Natural Stone ILAG coating material from Switzerland,PFOA FREE. Bottom is 5mm thick with even heat distribution. Non-stick & Easy to Clean by hand which maintains a healthy lifestyle. The nonstick interior is made of cast aluminum,which is more durable and sturdy. Super easy to clean up. Ergonomic Design Handle – The Bakelite handles are comfortable to grip and stay cool while cooking. Anti-scald, comfortable grip, woodgrain design. Suitable for All Stove – Including induction,heat evenly and quickly.Oven safe to 350°F.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stone Frying Pans
You can cook just about anything in a stone frying pan, including a casserole. That’s why this kitchen tool is a must-have. As you browse available models, look for the features that match your cooking style and the types of dishes you plan on preparing.
Start off examining how many people you plan on serving when you cook. Stone frying pans come in a variety of sizes, such as 8, 10 and 12 inches. You’ll even find a model like the Granitestone Nonstick Coated Stone Frying Pan, which comes in extra-large for big families, dinner parties and even restaurant cooking.
Next, determine which surfaces you can use the stone frying pan on. For example, the Caannasweis Nonstick Induction Stone Frying Pan is safe for use on induction, electric, halogen, gas, ceramic and solid fuel cookers. Unfortunately, you cannot use the pan in an oven. Many other stone frying pan models, unlike the Caannasweis, aren’t safe for use on an induction stovetop.
Check the stone frying pan’s overall construction. The Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan is made using a cast aluminum interior with a granite nonstick coating. Not only is it durable, but it’s also non-toxic and free of chemicals like PFOA. This nonstick coating makes it a cinch to plate your dishes. It also means you won’t be spending forever at the sink when it’s time to clean up.
Review the stone frying pan’s handle to make sure it is comfortable to hold. The Ozeri APEO & PFOA-Free Non-Stick Stone Frying Pan has a heat-resistant silicon coated handle that keeps it nice and cool when you cook. The handle is also reinforced to the pan using three solid rivets, so you don’t ever have to worry about it coming loose. Home chefs will especially appreciate the hole at the end of the handle for hanging the pan up when not in use.
Keep an eye out for any special features that the stone frying pan may have to offer. For example, one brand may provide a lid with its pan, while another has a magnetized base for rapid heat transfer. A scratch-resistant nonstick coating and a wear-resistant outer shell are important features that make one pan stand out from another.
The Stone Frying Pan Buying Guide
- Try to avoid using harsh cleaning tools or metal utensils on these pans, as the coating may get scratched with regular use. Without the coating, you’ll need to grease the pan, or your food will begin to stick.
- You’ll want to season your stone frying pan before you use it for the first time. It’s also good practice to regularly oil the pan as well.
- Some, but not all, stone frying pans are compatible with induction stovetops. If you purchase a model that is compatible, check how quickly it is able to heat up on this type of stovetop, as many reviewers report that the pans are slow to heat up when used on induction tops.
- Check the stone frying pan’s product care guide, as not all models are dishwasher-safe. It’s best to wash the pans by hand using dish soap, warm water and a non-abrasive sponge. Baking soda can be used on stuck-on foods, but you need to avoid abrasive cleaners, as they will wear away the pan’s nonstick coating.
- If the stone frying pan doesn’t come with a lid, you may wish to buy one separately, depending on what you plan on cooking in the pan. If you go this route, you’ll need to factor the cost of the lid into the overall price you’re willing to pay for the pan.
- When you examine the price for a stone frying pan, you need to take size and construction materials into consideration. Price ranges vary greatly, however, you won’t have any trouble finding models that fit within your budget. The Ozeri APEO & PFOA-Free Non-Stick Stone Frying Pan and the Carote Nonstick Granite Skillet Stone Frying Pan are among the more affordable pans. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Caannasweis Nonstick Induction Stone Frying Pan, while the Granitestone Nonstick Coated Stone Frying Pan is able to command the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide