Ozeri 12-Inch Stone Earth Nonstick Frying Pan
Last updated date: March 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nonstick Frying Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nonstick Frying Pan you should buy.
Editor's Note March 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Nonstick Frying Pan for a detailed review of all the top nonstick frying pans.
The stone-derived nonstick coating is free from APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA and other chemicals. This pan is scratch resistant and heats up evenly. The heat-resistant handle is silicone coated for better usability.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the Ozeri Ozeri 12-Inch Stone Earth Nonstick Frying Pan placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Utilizing a custom-formulated stone-derived coating from Germany, the Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri reigns with its ability to deliver non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of toxic substances such as APEO, GenX fluorinated chemicals, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, and the lesser known NMP and NEP. According to the FDA, many of these chemicals constitute a worrisome class of nonstick compounds that have found their way into the food chain, including grocery store meats and seafood. Both the EPA and FDA have conducted toxicology research on exposure to some of these compounds that suggest associations with several kinds of cancers and health issues. Although the harmful PFOA and PFOS acids are being phased out of production, non-stick coatings today are often made with the aid of a new generation of fluoropolymers, known as GenX fluorinated chemicals and PFBS, which the EPA has more recently cited as suggestive of cancer and when consumed, may affect the kidneys, blood, immune system, liver and developing fetuses. Also of concern are APEO chemicals, which are restricted in Germany due to environmental concerns and toxicity in the food chain. By not using any of these ‘forever chemicals,’ the Stone Earth Pan's coating stands ahead of the curve, achieving the highest marks for food safety and environmental health. In addition, the Stone Earth Pan’s coating is applied using a water-based technique that is also free of the lesser known but potentially harmful chemicals NMP and NEP, sometimes found in cookware. The Stone Earth Pan is far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces, and always a breeze to clean. The Stone Earth Frying Pan is made of a heavy-gauge aluminum core that allows for fast and even cooking without hot spots. It boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat-resistant silicone-coated handle. Coating made by Weilburger GmbH, Germany. Pan assembled in China. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nonstick Frying Pans
If you want to avoid using too much added fat in your cooking, switching to nonstick cookware is a good idea. This way, you can still make delicious meals without using too much butter, oil or lard. One of the most important pieces everyone needs in their kitchen is a nonstick frying pan. With frying pans that do not have a nonstick coating, you will need to add in copious amounts of fat in order to ensure the food doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan while cooking. With a nonstick frying pan, the food slides easily off into your plate. This makes the cookware easy to clean because there is no stuck-on food. You don’t have to soak or scrub the pan to get it looking shiny and brand new.
A nonstick frying pan is a versatile item that you can use multiple times a day for all of your meals. For example, you can fry a few eggs in it for breakfast, sauté veggies for a stir-fry at lunch and make a delicious chicken and broccoli one-pan meal for dinner.
The Nonstick Frying Pan Buying Guide
- Consider the size of frying pan you need for cooking. What do you cook most often? For example, if you primarily use a nonstick frying pan to make eggs each morning, you just need a small size. However, if your family enjoys stir-frys, pasta sauces, tacos or other similar mains, then a large nonstick frying pan is a must.
- The material the frying pan is made out of affects how the pan conducts heat. Aluminum is a durable choice that conducts heat well, as does aluminum-clad stainless steel and anodized aluminum.
- The thickness of the frying pan also affects how well it conducts heat and how well it will cook your food. A thicker base is preferable to a thinner one as that will ensure your food cooks evenly and perfectly each time.
- An often-forgotten feature of nonstick frying pans are the handles. These are important because they make it easy for you to control and maneuver the pan. Look for a nonstick frying pan with sturdy and strong handles. Opt for ones that remain cool while you cook so you don’t burn your hands while trying to move the pan. For example, go with ones that are coated in rubber or silicone, or those that are hollowed out for a cooling effect.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide