Kizen Multi-Use Instant Read Digital Meat Thermometer
Last updated date: August 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Meat Thermometers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Meat Thermometer you should buy.
Update as August 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Digital Meat Thermometer for a detailed review of all the top digital meat thermometers.
Whether you're grilling a steak or baking a turkey, this digital meat thermometer is a must-have tool. The unit is waterproof and made with an easy-to-read backlit LCD screen. The probe is nice and long and automatically turns the thermometer on when it's opened and off when it's closed.
In our analysis, the Kizen Kizen Multi-Use Instant Read Digital Meat Thermometer placed 3rd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ULTRA FAST – Takes a temperature in a little as 2-3 seconds, and is accurate to +/-1 degrees with a wide range of -58℉-572℉. No more waiting over a hot stove or grill for the temperature to settle! Take out the guesswork and eliminate overdone or undercooked food, and instead make perfectly cooked beef, chicken, pork, fish, lamb, or turkey, every time! Also works great with beverages, deep frying, making candy, and baking. WATERPROOF – IP67 rated waterproof, the Kizen thermometer can be washed under running water without fear! With a strong ABS plastic body, it can withstand accidental drops or other impact accidents. With a waterproof and strong break resistant body, the Kizen thermometer is highly durable and resilient. CONVENIENT AND CLEAR – Get the temperature by the bright and large LCD screen instead of fumbling with your phone flash to get a read! With an internal magnet and large hang hole, you can conveniently store this where you can have easy and quick access! FULLY BUNDLED TO GIVE YOU THE MOST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY! – Comes beautifully packaged in a premium foam lined box, making it an ideal present for any cooking or bbq enthusiast! This sturdy box is also a great place to store the thermometer to keep it safe. Also includes 2 CR 2032 batteries, eCookbook, meat temperature guide, users manual, and 4 hook/loops to hang your temperature guide on the wall for added convenience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Meat Thermometers
You never want to take a chance with undercooked food. This could lead to a case of food poisoning from either E. coli or salmonella. Undercooked pork also puts you at risk for parasitic infections. In order to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your food has reached a safe internal temperature, you’ll need a high-quality digital thermometer.
As you shop for the best digital meat thermometer, you’ll want to start by examining the thermometer’s accuracy and speed. Some have an accuracy of plus or minus 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degree Fahrenheit) and a speed of 4 to 6 seconds, which isn’t bad at all. However, there are models that provide temperature readings in 2 to 3 seconds with an accuracy of plus or minus 0.9 degrees Fahrenheit.
Check the flexibility of the probe next. Some fold in and out from the base, while others rotate a full 225 degrees. You’ll also find the probes come in different lengths. A model with a 4.6-inch probe may be fine for checking foods on your stovetop, but you’ll want a thermometer with a 7-inch probe if you have to test foods in an oven. The longer probe keeps your hands at a safe distance from the oven’s heat.
Review the thermometer’s display screen and make sure you can read it. There are models with large LCD screens that also have a backlight to make the numbers more visible. This feature is handy if the lighting in your kitchen isn’t as bright as you’d like.
If you’re having trouble deciding between two models, look to see if the company is offering anything extra. For example, some digital meat thermometers are sold with protective sheaths, while others come with a microfiber storage pouch. You’ll even find thermometers in a variety of colors, such as red, rose gold, navy blue, black and silver.
The Digital Meat Thermometer Buying Guide
- FoodSafety.gov has a Safe Minimum Cooking Temperatures Chart that you can reference at any time. Generally, at approximately 145 degrees Fahrenheit, seafood, fresh beef and lamb, fresh pork and fresh ham are deemed safe to eat. Cook ground meats and egg dishes to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Ground poultry, fresh poultry, pre-cooked ham and leftover casseroles should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Most digital meat thermometers require batteries to operate. Check to see whether the thermometer you’re interested in comes with batteries. You may need to purchase them separately.
- Keep the transmitter away from any heat sources. Only the thermometer’s probe and attached wire should be near the meat in your oven or grill.
- Never touch the probe of your digital thermometer after removing it from a piece of meat, as it will be hot enough to burn the skin.
- Check to see whether your digital meat thermometer is meant to be left in the meat as it cooks, or only inserted when you need to check on the cooking progress.
- To clean your digital meat thermometer, hold the probe under running water. You can add a bit of liquid dish soap with your fingers if you feel the probe is dirty. Dry the probe with a paper towel.
- It’s a good idea to sanitize the probe on your thermometer with a little rubbing alcohol and a paper towel.
- Never get the transmitter portion of your thermometer wet unless it is listed as waterproof.
- You’ll find digital meat thermometers don’t vary much in price. TheAlpha Grillers Battery Powered Digital Meat Thermometer has a lower price tag if you’d like to save a few bucks, although other models only cost about $2 more. The ThermoPro TP-16 Stainless Steel Probe Digital Meat Thermometer has a higher cost, although its price is still affordable for most.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide