The Best Ice Pop Maker
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Homemade ice pops are a great way to make healthy foods more interesting to eat (for kids and adults). You can use fruit juices, yogurts, pureed fruits and vegetables, puddings and other ingredients in ice pops. The ingredients need to be in liquid form, though they can be thick or pureed in most cases.
Some ice pop makers are designed to make smaller pops for children, while others are larger. There are also kits that come with freezable tubes that are sealed, then opened up and squeezed from the bottom to eat.
In addition, there are bases that only hold a few molds, while others have more. Before buying, see how much room you have in your freezer for the base. Also consider how many members of your family will be consuming the treats and how many they’re likely to have each day.
Melting ice pops can be messy, but many ice pop makers have molds with drip guards. Look for this feature when you are shopping, especially if you have small children.
Our Picks For The Top Ice Pop Makers
- 1. Kootek Reusable Ice Pop Maker, 2-Pack
- 2. BAKHUK BPA-Free Plastic Ice Pop Maker Molds, 3-Pack
- 3. Nuby Garden Fresh 1-Ounce Frozen Ice Pop Maker Tray
- 4. Ozera Reusable Ice Pop Maker
- 5. Mamasicles Silicone BPA-Free Ice Pop Maker
- 6. U.S. Kitchen Supply Classic Reusable Jumbo Ice Pop Mold Set
- 7. Norpro Frozen Ice Pop Maker
- 8. Frozip Disposable Ice Popsicle Mold Bags, 125-Count
- 9. Tovolo Penguin Flexible Silicone Ice Pop Maker Set
- 10. Lebice Popsicle & Ice Pop Maker Molds Set
Reusable Ice Pop Maker, 2-Pack
You'll get two molds with four compartments each in a compact design measuring only 5.3 by 2.7 by 4.5 inches. The smaller size means it will easily fit in your freezer without taking up much space. It comes with both a folding funnel and cleaning brush to make pouring your ingredients in and cleaning up easy.
Low Maintenance PickCleanup is easy with these ice pop makers, thanks to a dishwasher-safe design.
BPA-Free Plastic Ice Pop Maker Molds, 3-Pack
There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice pop. This ice pop maker comes with three packs that each make six ice pops for a total of 18 popcicles. The set is constructed from a food-grade plastic that is completely free of BPA.
Fun ColorsThis ice pop maker comes with a complimentary funnel and cleaning brush.
Garden Fresh 1-Ounce Frozen Ice Pop Maker Tray
Designed for ages six months and up, these adorable, colorful popsicle molds are perfect for small hands. The base holds four molds, and each popsicle holder is easy to handle, with a wide base that catches drips.
For the Little OnesUse this ice pop maker to freeze fresh, homemade fruit or veggie purees and juices.
Reusable Ice Pop Maker
You'll get six reusable popsicle molds in this ice pop maker set in bright assorted colors. You'll also get a funnel to make it easy to pour your ingredients into the mold and a brush to make cleaning up easy. The funnel folds up between uses to make it easy to store.
Drip-Proof HandlesThe handles on these popsicle molds have a built-in drip guard that helps keep your popsicle from making a mess.
What to Look For
- Not all ice pop makers are dishwasher safe, so check the product information before putting it in the machine. Hand washing ice pop makers is fairly easy; you can usually let them soak in soapy water for awhile before rinsing them out thoroughly.
- Check the materials used in the ice pop maker. Some will state that they comply with USDA Certified Food Grade and Freezer Product regulations; this is what you should look for.
- Keep in mind that some molds need to be run under hot water to loosen the ice pop.
- Freezer tube bags are more portable than traditional popsicles, allowing you to easily take them with you. Just be sure to keep them with an ice pack in a cooler, otherwise they could melt and make a mess.
Ice Pop Maker Rankings
More to Explore
Homemade ice pops are a creative way to eat healthier, since store-bought ones can have added sugar and chemicals. You can use naturally sweetened fruit juices, or add in some pureed fruits and vegetables. Yogurt works well, too. These pops are also a great way to sneak in healthy foods that kids will not normally eat.