Tovolo Penguin Flexible Silicone Ice Pop Maker Set
Last updated date: November 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Pop Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Pop Maker you should buy.
Update as November 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Ice Pop Maker for a detailed review of all the top ice pop makers.
In our analysis, the Tovolo Tovolo Penguin Flexible Silicone Ice Pop Maker Set placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Chill out with these cool Penguin Ice Pop Molds from Tovolo! These adorable pop molds create delicious frozen treats in fun penguin characters. The mold features four unique penguin ice pop designs, so everyone can choose their favorite. From their detailed faces down to their flipper, these penguin ice pops add some cool fun to your day. The silicone sleeves create detailed pops using your favorite ingredients. Reusable sticks are shaped like icebergs, so your penguins look at home. The sturdy handles are comfortable to hold, and the durable nylon will last through many frozen treats. Base does not wobble or tip in the freezer. Handles are included on each side of the base for easy carrying from the counter to the freezer. Once frozen, the silicone molds can be removed from the base for more compact storage. Simply blend up your ingredients, pour into the molds, freeze, and enjoy the perfectly formed penguins. Mix and match your favorite flavors for unique treats. Gently insert the reusable sticks into the liquid, and freeze until solid. Each mold holds 2 fluid ounces. Run the mold under warm water before enjoying. For best results, run the molds under warm water to release the silicone before removal. Made of BPA-free nylon and silicone.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Pop Makers
Homemade ice pops are a great way to make healthy foods more interesting to eat (for kids and adults). You can use fruit juices, yogurts, pureed fruits and vegetables, puddings and other ingredients in ice pops. The ingredients need to be in liquid form, though they can be thick or pureed in most cases.
Some ice pop makers are designed to make smaller pops for children, while others are larger. There are also kits that come with freezable tubes that are sealed, then opened up and squeezed from the bottom to eat.
In addition, there are bases that only hold a few molds, while others have more. Before buying, see how much room you have in your freezer for the base. Also consider how many members of your family will be consuming the treats and how many they’re likely to have each day.
Melting ice pops can be messy, but many ice pop makers have molds with drip guards. Look for this feature when you are shopping, especially if you have small children.
The Ice Pop Maker Buying Guide
- Not all ice pop makers are dishwasher safe, so check the product information before putting it in the machine. Hand washing ice pop makers is fairly easy; you can usually let them soak in soapy water for awhile before rinsing them out thoroughly.
- Check the materials used in the ice pop maker. Some will state that they comply with USDA Certified Food Grade and Freezer Product regulations; this is what you should look for.
- Keep in mind that some molds need to be run under hot water to loosen the ice pop.
- Freezer tube bags are more portable than traditional popsicles, allowing you to easily take them with you. Just be sure to keep them with an ice pack in a cooler, otherwise they could melt and make a mess.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide