SUZCO 4-Way Flat Plug Color-Coded Trailer Light Harness
Last updated date: May 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Trailer Light Harnesses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Trailer Light Harness you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Trailer Light Harness for a detailed review of all the top trailer light harnesses.
This trailer light harness is straightforward and comes with wiring instructions. There is adequate length in the wire. The harness is corrosion resistant.
In our analysis, the SUZCO SUZCO 4-Way Flat Plug Color-Coded Trailer Light Harness placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ITEM TYPE: This is a 25 foot male & female 4-flat marine trailer wiring harness with 4-way conductors and a white ground wire, made of 18-gauge wire, designed to split at the trailer tongue and run down each side of the trailer. The 4 flat trailer wire is color-coded and bonded wire to easily splice into your trailer’s wiring system, no need for splicing wires. This trailer wire harness kit is completely sealed for a long corrosion-resistant installation. EXTENSION INCLUDING: This 25foot 4 wire boat trailer wiring extension can conform to the SAE J1128 specification. Extends wiring system provides more flexibility. It can protect tow vehicle electronics from wiring shorts. Includes a 4-feet trunk connector, splices, and clips. This trailer wire harness kit also can work on an COPPER trailer based on the ground wire. ENOUGH LENGHT GROUND WIRE: This trailer wire extension with 4 way flat plug connector is designed to supply power for tail lights, turn and brake lights, as well as a ground connection. The white grounding wire is so enough long to wiring. The trailer side ground wire is about 2ft. Trailer wiring harness features a ground wire. The white ground wire is made of 18-gauge, which is corrosion resistant terminal. 4-WAY CONNECTORS & FITMENT: You can install the trailer wire so quickly and easily through the 4-way connectors. 4-pin connectors are available allowing the basic hookup of the three lighting functions (running, turn, and brake lights) plus one pin is provided for a ground wire. Most standard light duty trailers will use a 4-pole flat connector. Not compatible with motorcycle trailer wiring, and you could confirm the fitment to be not the wrong item before ordering. 4 WIRING INSTRUCTION: There are instructions for wiring the running light and license plate lights included. The different color wires are clearly identified as each wire’s function, so you can make the installation safe and straight-forward.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Trailer Light Harnesses
If you are towing a trailer behind your vehicle, one of the most important gadgets you will need is a trailer light harness. This gadget is a wire that goes from the back of your vehicle to the trailer, connecting their electrical systems. This way, your vehicle supplies power to the trailer’s lights and ensures they are synchronized with the vehicle’s taillights. In some cases, the trailer light harness can also connect the trailers brakes and auxiliary power with your vehicle.
Without this important gadget, you are not ready to take your trailer out onto the road. If you don’t use a trailer light harness, drivers on the road will not be able to see the lights on your vehicle as they may be blocked by the trailer. This can cause dangerous driving conditions as the drivers may not be able to see when you are braking or where you are in low light conditions. This is why using a trailer light harness is the law – and common sense.
When getting a trailer light harness, it’s important to consider what the plug or socket type is, how many pins are on the harness and what the wiring configuration is. There are a few different types of plugs and socket connections, such as flat, circular and RV blades. When it comes to pins, most trailer connectors come with between four to seven pins. The number of pins it includes corresponds with the number of roles the harness has. One pin is the grounding system and the rest of the pins have different functions.
The Trailer Light Harness Buying Guide
- If you want to protect your trailer light harness and ensure it lasts for years, it’s important to keep it covered as much as possible. This can reduce corrosion and make the connectors more secure. Some people further protect their trailer light harness by applying Dielectric grease on the connectors. This helps to keep any moisture off of the trailer light harness. If your live in an area that gets a lot of rain and snow or you use the trailer for a boat, it’s important to take active steps to avoid corrosion.
- Some trailer light harnesses are made for specific types of trailers while others offer a wider application. For example, some can be used for boat trailers, horse trailers, motorcycle trailers, ATV trailers and other types of trailer hitches.
- Compatibility is key, so be sure to carefully check what type of trailer light harness your need for your vehicle and for your trailer. If you use multiple vehicles to pull the same trailer on different occasions, this is another element to keep in mind when checking compatibility.
- How long of a wire do you need to connect the vehicle to the trailer? Many trailer light harnesses are either four feet or six feet long, but some actually go to eight feet long. This offers you a lot more flexibility.
- Some trailer light harnesses actually come with a full kit which includes the tail lights and brake lights. This is what you need if the trailer doesn’t have its own lighting system already in place.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide