The Best Car Window Paint
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Car window paint is a special type of paint that is safe to use on the glass parts of your vehicle. It is easy to use and draw with. Plus, it wipes off with a wet or dry cloth without damaging your car. Car window paint is typically see-through, so you can still safely drive with the paint on your windshield. Though it’s often used by car dealerships, which often have their price tags written in car window paint on the front windshield, there are many more uses for this versatile item.
If you’re celebrating an important milestone, showcasing your happiness and pride on the car window is a special way to mark the event. For example, writing “Just married” and drawing hearts and wedding bells is perfect for the couple who just said their vows. You can also write birthday messages for your loved ones on their special day. Car window paint is also popular with high school students for writing messages about homecoming, graduation and team sports. And if you’re heading to a college or professional sporting event, you can cheer on your team by writing a message on your car.
Our Picks For The Top Car Window Paints
- 1. Rainbow Chalk Markers Limited Long-Lasting Non-Toxic Car Window Paint
- 2. MMFB Arts & Crafts Erasable Water-Based Car Window Paints, 8-Pack
- 3. Chalky Crown Kid Safe Car Window Paint Chalk Markers, 8-Pack
- 4. Crafty Dab No-Mess Car Window Paint, 4-Pack
- 5. GOTIDEAL Fluorescent Car Window Paint Liquid Chalk Markers, 30-Pack
- 6. Lana and Luca Multicolor Chalk Car Window Paints, 8-Pack
- 7. Chroma Graphics 000144 Rain Resistant Car Window Paint Markers, 4-Pack
- 8. Chalktastic Fine Point Car Window Paint Chalk Markers, 8-Pack
Rainbow Chalk Markers Limited
Long-Lasting Non-Toxic Car Window Paint
You won't want to be without this car window paint when celebrating your next special event. It's available in a wide range of colors and can be purchased with a narrow or wide tip. You can even use the paint marker on a variety of surfaces, not just the window of your car. Use the marker to decorate tile, plastic, paper or metal.
Budget-Friendly PickThe economical price tag on this car window paint makes it affordable for most.
MMFB Arts & Crafts
Erasable Water-Based Car Window Paints, 8-Pack
This car window paint set includes a total of eight bright colors, which can be used to write out messages or draw pretty pictures. Leave a "Congratulations Graduate" message on your son's car or let everyone know you're "Just Married." Each of the markers features a 15-millimeter tip and paint that can be wiped off with just a damp cloth.
Wipes CleanWith this car window paint, you'll also receive a whopping 45 chalkboard labels.
Kid Safe Car Window Paint Chalk Markers, 8-Pack
Create unique messages and art on the car window with these bold neon colors. The car window paints come off easily with a wet paper towel. The materials are kid-safe and odor-free.
Bold and Bright ColorsThese neon-colored chalk markers will grab people's attention.
No-Mess Car Window Paint, 4-Pack
You can create lasting artwork that stays on in the rain with this car window paint set. The tubes are mess-free and designed not to leak paint when not in use. They only work when you press down to paint.
Stays On in the RainThis car window paint does not wash off when it’s wet outside.
What to Look For
- There are different types of car window paints available. Consider if you want to get a chalk, marker or liquid chalk marker. You can also get paint in small tubes, which makes it easy to write.
- Be sure to plan out your message or artwork on paper before you take it to the car. This will help you iron out any issues with your lettering or drawing in advance of putting it on the car.
- Car window paint is available in many different colors. See if you need any specific colors for your message or drawing. For example, if you’re writing a message for a sporting event, you may want to match the team’s colors.
- When using car window paint, you may have to make note of the weather. Some car window paint comes off easily with water, so if your special event is during a thunderstorm, you may not be able to showcase your artwork. Some car window paint is designed to stay on when it rains, but it may be more difficult to remove.
Car Window Paint Rankings
More to Explore
Always be sure to try out the car window paint on a small corner of the window to ensure that it is easy to wipe off. Read the application and removal instructions carefully so that you do not damage your car. Keep in mind that most car window paint is permanent on porous surfaces, which include paper, wood, concrete or painted surfaces. Be sure to only use car window paint on non-porous surfaces, such as glass, metal, plastic, ceramic and chalkboards. You should not use them on the painted surface of your vehicle.