KitchenAid Nonstick Cookware Set
Last updated date: November 7, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nonstick Cookware Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nonstick Cookware Set you should buy.
Editor's Note October 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nonstick Cookware Set for a detailed review of all the top nonstick cookware sets.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the KitchenAid KitchenAid Nonstick Cookware Set placed 14th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Enjoy the long-lasting durability of Hard Anodized nonstick cookware. This professional-grade set includes: 8" Skillet; 1.5-Quart Saucepan with Lid; and 8.0-Quart Stockpot with Lid.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nonstick Cookware Sets
Out of all the skillets sold in 2018, 70% of them were coated with a nonstick substance. There’s good reason why nonstick cookware is so sought after. Not only does the slippery surface allow for combining and stirring ingredients without the food getting stuck to the bottom of the pan, but it also makes serving the food a breeze. The food will simply slide out of the pan and onto your serving dish. If you’re in the market for a nonstick cookware set, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind while you shop:
Examine the materials used to create the cookware. The All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 13 pc is made from a thick-gauge hard anodized aluminum. This prime material is known for its ability to heat quickly and cook your foods evenly so that you don’t end up with hot edges and a cold middle.
Look at the handles on the set’s pots and pans. You’ll find some are made from stainless steel, which stays cool to the touch and resists rust. Other models construct their handles from silicone. Silicone is softer to the touch and more comfortable to hold.
Consider taking a closer look at the nonstick coating. You want to make sure it is non-toxic and PFOA-free. In addition, some sets use three layers of nonstick coating for durability and the easy release of your delicious creations.
Determine how many pieces you need your set to have. The T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 17 pc is one of the larger sets on the market and comes with four fry pans, a griddle, three saucepans, a sauté pan, a Dutch oven, a steamer insert and six lids.
Check for any extras that may set one nonstick cookware set apart from another. For example, the T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 17 pc has a thermo-spot indicator that turns red to let you know the pan is preheated and ready for your favorite ingredients.
The Nonstick Cookware Set Buying Guide
- In order not to scratch or remove the nonstick coating on your cookware, it’s best to stick with using plastic and wooden spatulas and spoons.
- Most nonstick pots and pans are dishwasher safe, but its good practice to always review the product’s care guide to make sure this holds true for the specific set you bought.
- Never clean stuck-on foods using steel wool. This will scratch the nonstick coating and make it less effective the next time you go to use it. Instead, let the pan soak, use a baking soda paste or wipe the food away with a sponge made from melamine.
- Before making a purchase, look for a warranty or customer satisfaction guarantee. You may be surprised to discover that some companies actually offer a lifetime warranty on their nonstick cookware sets. Of course, some of those lifetime warranties are limited to certain defects and damages.
- Always check your cookware’s care instruction label, as many nonstick pots and pans are not to be used on an induction stovetop. There’s usually a temperature limit associated with these pots and pans as well. Many are safe for use in temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also common for lids to withstand lower temperatures than the pots they are paired with, so don’t forget to check that out.
- While the number of pieces in a cookware set sometimes determines its price, you’ll find that the material used to make the sets is the biggest factor in the total cost of nonstick cookware. Both, the Calphalon Nonstick Cookware Set, 12 pc and the All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 13 pc, are made out of aluminum. As a result, you’ll find them higher priced than the T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 17 pc, which is constructed from HA titanium.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide