Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Cookware Set, 12-Piece
Last updated date: October 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nonstick Cookware Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nonstick Cookware Set you should buy.
This vibrant set of celebrity chef-designed pot and pans performs as well as it looks. Each piece is lightweight and offers effective, easy heating. In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Rachael Ray Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Cookware Set, 12-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nonstick Cookware Set for a detailed review of all the top nonstick cookware sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Adding earthy style and color to the kitchen, the Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Enamel Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set features saucepans, skillets and more for creating delicious, memorable meals. Curated by Rachael Ray for warmth and hospitality, the modern rustic design of the cookware enhances treasured places and occasions. Crafted with sturdy hard enamel porcelain exteriors and durable aluminum construction that promotes fast, even heating, the pots and pans incorporate the easy-to-use functionality and time-saving solutions Rachael is known for. Her color sense meets convenience with the distinctive espresso-colored, PFOA-free nonstick that releases foods effortlessly, complements the exteriors and cleans up easily. Use the sauté pan for cooking salmon burgers and the generous stockpot for making Rachael's Potato, Zucchini and Tomato Soup - a coordinating nylon slotted turner and slotted spoon are included to help with meal preparation. Rubberized stainless steel handles on the pots and pans are dual riveted for added strength and shatter-resistant glass lids seal in heat and moisture. Oven safe to 400 Degree F, the cookware is suitable for all stovetops, except induction. This stylish cookware set is a welcome addition to inviting serveware, dinnerware and other cookware pieces in the Rachael Ray Cucina collection. Prepare delectable dishes for loved ones with the warm and rustic-styled pieces in the Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Enamel Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nonstick Cookware Sets
Out of all the skillets sold in 2018, 70% of them were coated with a nonstick substance. There’s good reason why nonstick cookware is so sought after. Not only does the slippery surface allow for combining and stirring ingredients without the food getting stuck to the bottom of the pan, but it also makes serving the food a breeze. The food will simply slide out of the pan and onto your serving dish. If you’re in the market for a nonstick cookware set, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind while you shop:
Examine the materials used to create the cookware. The All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 13 pc is made from a thick-gauge hard anodized aluminum. This prime material is known for its ability to heat quickly and cook your foods evenly so that you don’t end up with hot edges and a cold middle.
Look at the handles on the set’s pots and pans. You’ll find some are made from stainless steel, which stays cool to the touch and resists rust. Other models construct their handles from silicone. Silicone is softer to the touch and more comfortable to hold.
Consider taking a closer look at the nonstick coating. You want to make sure it is non-toxic and PFOA-free. In addition, some sets use three layers of nonstick coating for durability and the easy release of your delicious creations.
Determine how many pieces you need your set to have. The T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 17 pc is one of the larger sets on the market and comes with four fry pans, a griddle, three saucepans, a sauté pan, a Dutch oven, a steamer insert and six lids.
Check for any extras that may set one nonstick cookware set apart from another. For example, the T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 17 pc has a thermo-spot indicator that turns red to let you know the pan is preheated and ready for your favorite ingredients.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that the chemicals used to make a surface nonstick were actually discovered on accident? Back in 1938, Roy Plunkett, a scientist for DuPont, was trying to create a substance that could be used as a refrigerant in refrigerators. Instead of gas, he wound up with polytetrafluoroethylene, which he learned was white and slippery. By 1941 DuPont had secured a patent for this nonstick material, which is what we now know as Teflon. It was the discovery of Teflon that got Plunkett inducted in the National Inventors Hall of Fame just a few years later. A man by the name of Marc Gregoire took the invention one step further when he started using it on cookware.
The Nonstick Cookware Set Buying Guide
- In order not to scratch or remove the nonstick coating on your cookware, it’s best to stick with using plastic and wooden spatulas and spoons.
- Most nonstick pots and pans are dishwasher safe, but its good practice to always review the product’s care guide to make sure this holds true for the specific set you bought.
- Never clean stuck-on foods using steel wool. This will scratch the nonstick coating and make it less effective the next time you go to use it. Instead, let the pan soak, use a baking soda paste or wipe the food away with a sponge made from melamine.
- Before making a purchase, look for a warranty or customer satisfaction guarantee. You may be surprised to discover that some companies actually offer a lifetime warranty on their nonstick cookware sets. Of course, some of those lifetime warranties are limited to certain defects and damages.
- Always check your cookware’s care instruction label, as many nonstick pots and pans are not to be used on an induction stovetop. There’s usually a temperature limit associated with these pots and pans as well. Many are safe for use in temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s also common for lids to withstand lower temperatures than the pots they are paired with, so don’t forget to check that out.
- While the number of pieces in a cookware set sometimes determines its price, you’ll find that the material used to make the sets is the biggest factor in the total cost of nonstick cookware. Both, the Calphalon Nonstick Cookware Set, 12 pc and the All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 13 pc, are made out of aluminum. As a result, you’ll find them higher priced than the T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 17 pc, which is constructed from HA titanium.