The Best Electric Grill
We looked at the top 9 Electric Grills and dug through the reviews from 35 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Electric Grills.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
An electric grill is a healthy way to cook meats, vegetables and even flatbreads. Many electric grills are designed to be used indoors, while some can be used outdoors as well. If you love the grill marks you get from a barbeque grill but your backyard plans are getting rained out, an indoor electric grill will provide you with the same kind of flavor and texture. They are a versatile kitchen gadget that makes it easy to make a delicious meal.
One of the most important things to consider when you’re buying an electric grill is the amount of cooking space you need. How many people do you cook for at once? For example, if you have a small family of two or four people, a small to medium-sized electric grill will do the trick. If you have a large family, enjoy entertaining often or like to cook in large batches so you have plenty of leftovers, then opt for a larger electric grill. This way, you can cook all the food you need at once instead of doing it in multiple shifts. Typically, each serving you make requires around 20 square inches of surface area to cook.
Our Picks For The Top Electric Grills
- 1. T-Fal GC7 Opti-Grill Indoor Electric Grill
- 2. George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 3. Weber Q1400 1560 Watt Electric Grill
- 4. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
- 5. Techwood Smokeless 1500W Indoor Grill
- 6. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- 7. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Indoor Griddler
- 8. Presto 07061 22-Inch Electric Griddle
- 9. George Foreman Classic Plate Electric Indoor Grill & Panini Press
GC7 Opti-Grill Indoor Electric Grill
Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
Ideal for entertaining, this large electric grill can cook over 15 servings at once. It has a removable stand so you can also use it outside. The non-stick coating is durable and easy to clean.
Makes Over 15 ServingsThis large electric grill offers 240 square inches of circular surface.
Q1400 1560 Watt Electric Grill
Make dinner in the kitchen or out on the patio. This electric grill has a powerful 1,560-watt heating element and a six-foot grounded cord. It comes fully assembled out of the box.
Indoor and Outdoor UseThis durable electric grill is perfect for indoor and outdoor use.
09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
This electric grill is both easy to clean and easy to store. It has a cool-touch base surrounding the hot grill surface for safety. The grease from the food automatically drains into the convenient drip tray.
Dishwasher-Safe ElementsThis electric grill fits into most dishwashers as well as standard kitchen cabinets.
Why we recommend these electric grills?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 9 Electric Grills and also dug through the reviews from 35 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Electric Grills.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- Ensure the electric grill you get is easy to clean, has dishwasher-safe parts and has non-stick plates. If food gets stuck on easily or if you have to hand-wash every piece, it’s less likely you’re going to use this appliance on a frequent basis. Be sure to look for a removable grease drip tray as well, as that part often accumulates the most buildup.
- Do you need an electric grill that is easily portable? For example, will you store it in a cupboard and take it out only when you need it, or will you be keeping it as a fixture on your kitchen counter? If you will be moving the electric grill frequently, opt for one that is lightweight and easy to carry.
- Keep in mind that in order to get those beautiful grill marks and that crispy sear, you have to let your electric griddle heat up before you place your ingredients on it. Remember to marinate your meat first so that it has great flavor, and then build on that with the sear. Ensure your grill has adjustable temperature controls, so you can set the right temperature for the food on hand. Vegetables require a different temperature setting than shrimp, for example.
Electric Grill Rankings
More to Explore
While you can certainly grill a classic steak on an electric grill, add to your repertoire with other meats such as pork chops, chicken breasts, lamb chops and seafood. You can also grill vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, asparagus, mushrooms and onions. Marinated tofu on the electric grill is a great addition if you want to include non-animal protein in your diet. If you like pizza, try cooking a thin-crust homemade dough on the grill, and add on your toppings when the crust is almost done. You can even make dessert on the electric grill. Firm fruit like pineapple and peaches are wonderful when grilled, served with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.