The Best TV Stands
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
As technology has evolved entertainment centers have remained relevant, but have been right-sized to what are now known as TV stands. Sure, you may not necessarily need a place to store your VCR and videotapes, but you still may have a gaming console. At the very least, you might need a place for your receiver, whether it’s issued by the cable company or you’ve purchased a streaming device.
Sure, you can mount your TV on the wall, but even if you do, a TV stand can still come in handy. Many consumers choose to have a piece of furniture under it. If you choose not to mount your TV, a console will let you tuck your cables out of sight to keep things looking clean.
Our Picks For The Top TV Stands
- 1. PERLESMITH Steel Easy Install TV Stand
- 2. Furinno Turn-S-Tube Entertainment Center, 42-Inch
- 3. Walker Edison Minimal Farmhouse Wood Universal Stand, 58-Inch
- 4. Ameriwood Home Carson TV Stand, 50-Inch
- 5. Furinno Jaya Contemporary TV Stand For Home
- 6. Martin Svensson Home Orsey TV Stand For Home
- 7. Walker Edison Furniture Company Mid Century Modern Wood Universal TV Stand
- 8. Monarch Specialties TV Stand, 60-Inch
- 9. Furinno TV Stand, 50-Inch
- 10. Zinus Garrison Modern Studio Collection TV Media Stand, 40-Inch
- 11. Furinno Turn-N-Tube Modern Entertainment Center, 41.5-Inch
- 12. Ameriwood Home Carson Floor Standing TV Stand
- 13. DEVAISE Modern TV Stand For Home
- 14. IWELL Wood Mid-Century TV Stand For Home
- 15. Simpli Home Acadian Rustic TV Media Stand, 53-Inch
- 16. Ameriwood Home Lumina Wood Fireplace TV Stand For Home
- 17. BELLEZE Farmhouse Fireplace Entertainment Center, 50-Inch
- 18. Walker Edison Furniture Company Farmhouse Barnwood Universal TV Stand
Steel Easy Install TV Stand
You'll get plenty of durability from this steel and tempered glass TV stand, which is built to hold flat-panel TVs between 37 and 55 inches. It has a capacity of up to 88 pounds and can be installed in less than 15 minutes. It comes with standard mounting hardware to help you get started with installation right away.
Top PickTempered black glass give this stand a classy touch.
Turn-S-Tube Entertainment Center
If you have a larger television, this TV stand is an excellent choice. It's able to handle up to 40 pounds of weight and fits flat screens measuring 55 inches. There are two side shelves for books, movies or decorations and one center shelf for either a DVD player or a gaming system.
Multiple Finishes AvailableYou'll find this TV stand is available in several different finishes, including espresso, Columbia walnut, black, French oak gray and brown marble.
Farmhouse Universal Stand
Sturdy and durable are the traits you get with this stand, which is constructed from high grade certified MDF. The TV stand holds as much as 250 pounds and can accommodate televisions as big as 64 inches. Since the unit's shelves are adjustable, you'll be able to customize the stand to fit your needs.
Handy and EffectiveCords are neatly tucked behind this TV stand thanks to the inclusion of the handy cord management feature.
Carson TV Stand
Outfitted with a raised top surface, this stand is both attractive and functional. Users won't have any trouble finding a place to store their home movies, photo albums and games, as this TV stand has two cabinets, two center shelves and one large open compartment. Each purchase comes with a limited one-year warranty to protect your purchase.
Adjustable ShelvesCustomize this stand by adjusting the shelves to allow for the exact configuration you need.
What to Look For
- Consider the construction materials. High-grade certified MDF is attractive and on the more affordable side. Pure pine and other woods are more expensive but extremely durable. You’ll also find some TV stands are made out of metal. These are moderately priced and sturdy enough to hold heavier televisions.
- Determine how much storage you require. Most television stands have at least a few shelving units to hold a series of books or DVDs. If you also have gaming consoles, you’ll want to go with a unit that has a bit more storage. This may mean additional shelving units or the inclusion of a few cabinets.
- Check the shelves within the TV stand before you buy, as some models have stationary shelves and others have adjustable. That way, if you want to store a few family photo albums that are on the larger side, you can place the shelf in a position that fits the albums.
- Style is also important when selecting a TV stand. You not only want the piece to match the rest of your living room or bedroom furniture, but you also want it to fit your personal taste. There are traditional TV stands, handcrafted stands with a rustic look and art deco-inspired stands to choose from. There are stands that utilize an open concept and models with glass doors. You’ll even find some pieces can be used for other purposes, such as a buffet sideboard or a bedroom storage unit.
- Assembly of some TV stands is quite difficult. The boxes are heavy, and the instructions may not be as clear as you’d expect. It’s a good idea to check the unit’s delivery date and recruit a friend ahead of time to help. Some companies also have a customer service line to help you with the instructions in case you get stuck.
- Always make sure your television is secured to the stand or the wall behind the stand. You don’t want to risk small children or pets reaching the TV and pulling it down on top of themselves. You may also wish to install child locks on any cabinets that the TV stand may have.