The Best Glow In The Dark Party Decor
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Every party can use a little sparkle, and that’s what glow-in-the-dark party décor can offer. From balloons to tablecloths to wall coverings, a little glow can enhance any children’s birthday party, college or adult get-together, wedding reception, Halloween party or another gathering where “fun” is the objective.
One of the best ways to set the mood is with hanging paper. Meant to be used temporarily, this paper typically comes with multiple sheets that you can use to hang on walls, drape from tables or attach to trees or fencing for an outdoor party. If you order this type of décor, make sure you check on shipping processes. Some manufacturers package hanging paper to be shipped folded, which means the paper will arrive with creases. You can also find the same concept in a tablecloth.
Tablecloths and wall hangings that glow typically have one thing in common: they need a black light to work. You can buy a black light fixture or a dedicated blacklight designed specifically for parties and special events. Other glowing options, such as glow sticks and balloons with lights in them, are great, but they last only the length of your party. Tablecloths and wall hangings can be folded and saved for later use.
Our Picks For The Top Glow In The Dark Party Decor
- 1. ZALALOVA Glow In The Dark Tape Party Decor, 45-Piece
- 2. Midnight Glo Fluorescent Hanging Glow In The Dark Party Decor, 6-Piece
- 3. WILLBOND UV Non-Toxic Glow In The Dark Party Decor, 33-Piece
- 4. WATINC Blacklight Glow In The Dark Garland Party Decor, 3-Piece
- 5. XLL Collapsible Hanging Glow In The Dark Party Decor
- 6. Byonebye Neon Glow In The Dark Toys Party Decor, 78-Piece
- 7. Iceyyyy New Year Glow In The Dark Party Decor
- 8. Kangaroo Ceiling Glow In The Dark Stars Party Decor, 200-Piece
- 9. POKONBOY LED Light Up Balloons, 50-Pack
Glow In The Dark Tape Party Decor, 45-Piece
Throw the most epic glow-in-the-dark party with this supply package. All of the pieces are premium-quality and can be reused for additional fun later on. Included in the set are neon balloons, streamers, banners, ornaments and even a roll of tape.
Everything You NeedAll of the fluorescent balloons in this glow-in-the-dark party set are designed to illuminate around a black light.
Fluorescent Hanging Glow In The Dark Party Decor, 6-Piece
You can turn any room into a party room with this set of six packs of 13-feet paper, totaling 78 feet. When the lights are on, the print is simply brightly-colored balloons, but cast a black light on it and you'll get a neon glow. You'll need to purchase a black light to activate the glow.
Unique ChoiceThis glow-in-the-dark party decor package includes 78 feet of paper ideal for hanging on the wall behind a party table.
UV Non-Toxic Glow In The Dark Party Decor, 33-Piece
Whether you're planning a birthday party for an adult or a child, this glow-in-the-dark party decor set is a must-buy. The kit comes with 33 pieces, including a neon birthday banner and a fluorescent balloon banner. A set of neon stars and circles are also enclosed and can be attached to a table, wall or ceiling.
Ideal for GatheringsNot only are the items in this glow-in-the-dark party decor kit lightweight and durable, but they're also reusable, making them a budget-friendly buy.
Blacklight Glow In The Dark Garland Party Decor, 3-Piece
This glow-in-the-dark party decor kit includes a whopping 72 feet of neon paper garland. All of the items in this set are constructed from a high-quality UV blacklight reactive material that will take your party to the next level. Both the garland and the tape incorporate shades of pink orange, yellow and green.
Fun and InteractiveThe tape in this glow-in-the-dark party decor kit adheres to just about any surface, including walls, curtains and trees.
What to Look For
- Light-up balloons are a festive addition to any party. You can blow them up using air or helium and pull a tab to activate the light. The light will remain strong for a while, then gradually dim until going out altogether within a day or so.
- If your hanging paper arrives folded, cover the wrinkle with a cool cloth and use a hot steam iron to press out the creases.
- Pay close attention to how an item glows. Some tablecloths and wall hangings simply feature a bright design that appears to glow. With many others, you’ll need a black light to activate the glowing effect.
- If you’re purchasing tablecloths for your party, carefully measure the tables you’ll be using beforehand and make sure the dimensions will work.
- Most wall hangings and tablecloths come in sets, so you’ll be able to cover multiple surfaces in an area.
- Keep in mind that UV black lights are meant to be used short term, for special events. Avoid staring into the black light directly, and make sure there’s enough light in the room for partygoers to be able to see where they’re going.
- Temporary photo booths have become increasingly popular at parties and special events. Now that everyone’s equipped with a smartphone camera, you can hang a fun backdrop and encourage everyone to snap photos. It’s also a great way for businesses to encourage attendees to post on social media about your event.
Glow In The Dark Party Decor Rankings
More to Explore
A blacklight is actually an ultraviolet light, emitting light waves just outside the range that’s perceptible to the human eye. The bulb itself appears to emit a purple glow. Glass tubes in the bulbs block out some of the light, letting through mostly UV light, along with a small amount of light in shades of blue and violet, creating the purple you see. When a UV light hits something containing phosphors, those phosphors glow, which is why you’re able to use a UV bulb and a wall hanging or tablecloth to create a party atmosphere.