The Best Cozy Blanket
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
When the wind is howling outside or the rain or snow is coming down heavily, there is a simple pleasure in curling up on the couch under a soft, cozy blanket. It’s not only a comforting and relaxing experience, but it can help warm you up and make you feel better, especially if you’ve had a long, hard day. There are a number of different cozy blankets you can choose from to add to your home.
The material of the cozy blanket will affect its softness, warmth and care needs. A popular option is cotton because of how durable it is. This material will feel as good as new after repeat washes. Many flannel blankets are also made from cotton. Plus, depending on the weave of the cotton, you can use the blanket in the summer or the cooler weather. Another good choice is fleece. These blankets are warm but not heavy. Plus, one of the best properties of fleece is that it helps wick away moisture. This is ideal for kids or if you tend to run warm. Microfiber is another warm option that will help you feel cozy. However, synthetic fabrics usually hold a lot of static electricity, so you may find that dust, hair or threads stick to these kinds of blankets.
Our Picks For The Top Cozy Blankets
- 1. Exclusivo Mezcla Flannel Machine Washable Cozy Blanket
- 2. NANPIPER No-Shed Velvet Cozy Blanket
- 3. Exclusivo Mezcla Velvet Flannel Plush Blanket Throw
- 4. The Connecticut Home Company Reversible Cozy Blanket
- 5. Tuddrom Long-Hair Faux Fur Plush Blanket Throw
- 6. junovo Faux Fur Cozy Blanket
- 7. Comfort Spaces Fuzzy Sherpa Fleece Cozy Blanket
- 8. Madison Park Zuri Polyester Grey Faux Mink Fur Blanket
- 9. Bedsure Sherpa Fleece Cozy Blanket Throw
- 10. GREEN ORANGE Fleece Cozy Blanket
- 11. LOMAO Pompom Fringe Flannel Cozy Blanket
- 12. Tuddrom Decorative Microfiber Cozy Blanket
- 13. Everlasting Comfort Luxury Faux Fur Cozy Blanket
Flannel Machine Washable Cozy Blanket
Whether you're cozying up with a good book indoors or sitting outside by the fire pit on an autumn evening, this throw blanket will keep you warm and comfortable. It's designed for easy maintenance and won't shrink, fade or unravel when washed. There are 14 colors to choose from, so you're sure to find one in a shade that matches your room.
Economical ThrowThanks to this budget-friendly cozy blanket, you'll be able to purchase one for every member of the family.
No-Shed Velvet Cozy Blanket
When you go with this reversible cozy blanket, it's almost like you're getting two throws for the price of one. One side is soft and smooth, while the other side is fluffy and warm. The blanket comes in a host of colors as well, including gray, purple, mint green and wine red.
Double-Sided OptionThis cozy blanket won't shed or fade in the wash.
Velvet Flannel Plush Blanket Throw
This oversized plush blanket throw, made of 100% microfiber, comes in a number of different sizes and more than 25 wrinkle- and fade-resistant colors. The premium flannel is easy to care for and fills your space with warmth year-round.
Soft, Lightweight and WarmChoose this soft, oversized flannel blanket for versatile, comfortable style anywhere.
Fuzzy Sherpa Fleece Cozy Blanket
Add a little style to your space with this cozy blanket. Although one side is solid in color, the other features an attractive design, such as a cranberry plaid or a gray lattice. The material is nice and thick to keep you warm, as well as 60-inches in length to cover your entire body.
Stylish PickA home full of messy kids is not problem for this cozy blanket, as it's safe to clean in a washing machine and dryer.
What to Look For
- Cozy blankets come in different sizes. You can find ones to fit your bed size, such as twin, double, queen and king. Another common size, which is perfect for one person lounging on the couch, is around 50 inches by 60 inches.
- In addition to looking at the fabric the cozy blanket is made from, consider the tightness of the weave. The tightness of the weave affects the level of warmth and breathability. A tight or close weave provides good insulation and helps to keep your body warm.
- Choosing the right color of the cozy blankets helps you to add to the décor and style of your home. A muted tone like beige or white helps the blanket to blend into the room, while bold colors like burgundy or yellow help attract attention. Consider how you want the blanket to work with your existing décor.
- Having easy care and maintenance makes washing and drying your cozy blanket a breeze. Depending on the fabric, most blankets should be able to go in the washer and dryer. Be sure to check the care instructions for your blanket.
Cozy Blanket Rankings
More to Explore
Cozy blankets provide warmth and comfort when you’re feeling a little cool. However, they can also add style to your home. Use a cozy blanket to create visual interest in your décor. You can drape a bold-colored cozy blanket on a couch, bench or accent chair to create a fun and inviting look. Use a cozy blanket, in a complementary color, on the lower edge of your bed as a way to match your bedspread. You can also drape a cozy blanket on the floor by the fireplace to create a snuggly spot for your family or pets.