WochiTV One Way Window Film, 24×7-Feet
Last updated date: November 4, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Heat Control Window Films and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Heat Control Window Film you should buy.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the WochiTV WochiTV One Way Window Film, 24x7-Feet placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 4, 2019:
Checkout The Best Heat Control Window Film for a detailed review of all the top heat control window films.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
logo PACKAGE INCLUDED: 1 X Reflective Window Film; 1 X Instructions for Installation privacy proection The one way window film is designed for home, office. The window tint for home provides 100% indoor privacy protection. You no longer have to worry about life being disturbed by neighbors or strangers. KEY FEATURES: PRIVACY PROTECTION - One way window film can provide you perfect indoor privacy protection. UV PROTECTION - Static window film blocks 97% of UV rays, protects skin from damage, and reduces furniture fading and aging. ENERGY SAVING - Warm and comfortable in winter, heat insulation in summer, reduce costs, energy saving. NO ADHESIVE - The privacy window cling film is adhesive-free and user-friendly to avoid release of chemicals. REUSABLE - Premium PVC material offers extra durability, can be re-positioned and reused repeatedly. You can attach and remove it at any time. STATIC WINDOW FILM - You only need some water (soap water will be better) to apply it. uv blocking The UV window film blocks up to 97% of UV rays and protects skin from damage. Meanwhile the home window tint effectively filters the glare, reduces furniture fading&aging and provides a comfortable environment. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Step 1. Keep Window or Glass clean. Step 2. Wet the Window or Glass with water (Soapy water will be better). Step 3. Remove the Static Film from backing protect sheet (Please make sure you have removed it before you apply the black matte window film to glass). Step 4. When you install it, apply to wet glass and smooth with hands. Step 5. Squeegee away air bubbles and redundant water. Step 6. Much easier than wall decals, two people work together more efficiently. Step 7. Enjoy your works! If you want to remove it, simply peel the window film from any corner. It comes off cleanly leaving no residue. heat control The heat control window film blocks out 85% of infrared rays. Hence the mirror window film reduces temperature from 5° to 10° and the window films for glass keeps warm in winter and cool in summer. Saving energy and environmental protection. static cling use tips KYE WORDS: Value for money; Durability; Easy to use; Easy to remove; Adhesion; Easy to install. The static window film has a glue free design and no chemical release. The one way mirror film is easy to install and remove. When you don't need it you can remove it and the glass will leave no glue. Protecting your window glass. TIPS: Add a few drops of the shampoo into the water, spray a mass of water on the glass and film, it will be convenient and easy to work. Please be sure the backing film is peeled off; otherwise, the film will fall off when the water is dry. If your window edge is not flatness, maybe you can try to cut 0.1 inch smaller than the glass size in order to fit tightly with glass. When applying in cold weather: Soft the film up by blowing hot air to it using a hair dryer(Heat Resistant up tp 176℉) 6 7 8 Fashionable Mirror Appearance Improve the appearance of your windows by adding a designer look to the exterior of the whole building. Perfect Daytime Privacy Protection Stop any unscrupulous person from spying on your privacy at daytime. Remember to draw curtain during night. Decorate Wherever You Want Use glass privacy film in your living room, kitchen, office. Stick it to your sliding doors, and much more!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Heat Control Window Films
Your windows do a great job of keeping the interior of your home comfortable. But no matter how well-sealed those windows are, most let at least a small amount of the great outdoors in. That means in the summertime those 90-degree temperatures battle it out with your home’s air conditioning. It also means that your utility bills are higher than they have to be for at least a few months out of the year.
Before you invest in special windows, there’s a much more affordable option. Window film easily applies to the glass of your windows, providing privacy and blocking the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. But as Vicki Liston, writer, host, and producer of home improvement show “On The Fly…DIY,” points out, not all window films insulate your home against those scorching summers.
“Look for a film that advertises ‘UV,’ ‘heat control,’ or ‘solar control’ features, as they are specifically designed to keep the heat out,” Liston says. “Metallic film or ceramic film will provide the best heat-controlling results.”
While both metallic and ceramic film is effective, Liston has found that some consumers don’t like the mirrored look metallic film brings to their windows. Ceramic film is better in those cases. She also recommends ceramic film for those who live near seawater since salty air tends to gradually corrode metallic film.
Beyond all of those features, though, there’s the simple fact that different films provide a different look to your windows. You’ll have the option of simply shading your window or creating a decorative look. Stained glass is very popular in window films, so that could be something to give your room a little pizzazz.
In addition to cutting down glare and keeping your home better insulated, window films also protect your belongings. Instead of the sun shining in on your furniture day after day, your window film will block UV rays, keeping your upholstery and other items like new for as long as possible.
DWYM Fun Fact
Even if your home is well-insulated, heat loss is bound to be a problem. When you look at the surface area of each wall, pay close attention to how much real estate each window consumes. Single-pane windows have the most heat loss, although a tint can cut down on some of that. Most homes today have double-pane windows, which cut down on heating costs significantly when compared to their single-pane counterparts. A wood and vinyl frame is also an improvement over aluminum frames, and you can also buy windows that are energy-efficient, meaning they reduce the amount of solar radiation allowed to pass through the glass.
The Heat Control Window Film Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping, it’s important to know the difference between the light-blocking properties of each type of film. This is essential because it determines how much of the outdoor heat your privacy film can keep out. You’ll get the most insulation from Gila Privacy Black Window Film, 36×78-Inch, which blocks 99 percent of all UV rays and 94 percent of glare. You’ll get 85-percent sunlight blocking with the CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch.
- However, there can be a downside to all that sunlight reduction. As Liston points out, you’ll lose some natural light when your insulating film is too strong.
“A film with a total solar energy rejection number in the 70-percentile range will make your home feel much cooler while not inhibiting too much natural light,” Liston says. “UV rejection in the 90-percentile range is common and will minimize damaging rays and contribute to the heat reduction. If you want more natural light in your room, go with a film that denotes 60-70% light transmission. However, many people find a 49% light transmission to be a good compromise between allowing some natural light in while keeping the glare to a minimum.”
- If natural light is a priority for you, you might prefer HIDBEA UV Window Film, 35-Inch x 8-Feet in silver, which reduces sunlight only by up to 71 percent.
- CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch also helps out in the wintertime, reducing heat loss from your home by 30 percent.
- One side benefit of privacy film is the actual privacy it provides. It’s important to note that some movements and shadows can still be seen, particularly with films that let in some natural light. Check to ensure your chosen film offers maximum privacy before choosing it for an area like a bathroom or bedroom.
- Installing your window film should be fairly easy, as long as you choose a film that doesn’t require glue or adhesive to install. Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch, CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch and HIDBEA UV Window Film, 35-Inch x 8-Feet install using water. Gila Privacy Black Window Film, 36×78-Inch uses static cling, and static cling applications can be less durable than those that apply using water.
- The Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch comes in seven different sizes. With other privacy films, make sure you buy a size that’s larger than what you need so that you can cut it to fit during install.
- Technicalities aside, your choice will probably come down to how the film itself looks when installed. Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch and CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch have a stained glass look that makes them more ideal for bathrooms and smaller windows. If you’re covering a large sliding glass door or you just want something less obvious, HIDBEA UV Window Film, 35-Inch x 8-Feet is a great option. It gives your window a subtle tint in black, blue, brown or silver, depending on the color you choose. Gila Privacy Black Window Film, 36×78-Inch tints your window in a shade of black to darken the room.