Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch
Last updated date: July 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Heat Control Window Films and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Heat Control Window Film you should buy.
Editor's Note July 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Heat Control Window Film for a detailed review of all the top heat control window films.
You'll get seven different size options with this heat control window film, which means it can work for a variety of window and door types. To install, just cut to size, leaving a little excess that you can cut off with a utility knife, and press into place. The stained glass design makes it perfect for bathrooms and other areas of your house that need a more decorative look.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Rabbitgoo Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35x157-Inch placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
decorative privacy window films static cling window cling glass film patterned window coverings Brighten your home with Rabbitgoo Decorative Window Film – Partial privacy protection blurs unwanted views, irregular 3D pattern texture decorates your personal space, static cling to the surface without glue, simple peel-and-stick installation, easy to cut and trim, easy to remove and re-apply for multiple times. Key Features: Partial Privacy Protection: it's nice to feel safe at your own place User-Friendly: Hassle free peel-stick application in a breeze and easy removal leaving no damage or residue Glue Free: Simply use water or soapy water to install, no sticky glue required Unique Pattern: Decorate your home windows with elegant patterns Removable & Reusable: Premium PVC material offers extra durability, can be removed and reused repeatedly UV Protection: Say goodbye to 96% of UV rays that may hurt your skin and cause furniture fading decorative privacy window films static cling window cling glass film patterned window sticker Installation Instructions: 1. Measure the surface and cut the film. Leave an extra inch margin each side for an easy adjustment. 2. Clean the target surface thoroughly and make sure the surface is clean enough without any dust. 3. Peel off the transparent backing film along a short side. (Very Important!!!) 4. Spray a lot of water or soapy water both on the SMOOTH side of the window film and the window, then install the window film onto the window. 5. Use the soft towel or squeegee to wipe the film back and forth to make sure that the bubbles and water have been totally removed. 6. Trim off the margins and use a cloth to flatten out the film. Here you go! How to Peel Off the Clear Backing Film: Step 1 - Please wet one window film corner and use your fingers to twist it for a while to loosen the attachment between the window film and clear backing film; Step 2 - Please attach a sticky tape to the side of the clear backing film corner (we have also attached a small sticky tape on each roll of window film for your convenience), and then press it for effective attachment; Step 3 - And then you are able to separate the clear backing film from the window film easily. Note: The window film works only on FLAT, CLEAN, and SMOOTH surfaces. It will not stick on plastic, broken or uneven surfaces. Detailed installation instruction is also printed on the inside of the Rabbitgoo box. decorative privacy window films static cling window cling glass film patterned window coverings decorative privacy window films static cling window cling glass film patterned window coverings decorative privacy window films static cling window cling glass film patterned window coverings Easily Removed&Totally Reusable This static cling window film can be easily removed without any glue residue left, and you can re-position and re-apply it for multiply times according to your need. Enjoy More Softened Natural Light This window privacy film will effectively diffuse direct sunlight to prevent annoying glares and at the same time it will also give you softened comfortable sunshine at your personal space. Irregular Patterns for Unique Decoration You can apply this window glass film to home, bedroom, office, living room, kitchen and so on and it will bring unique decoration and special visual effect. decorative window film Add Elegant Decoration to Your Home with Minimum Work and Cost Privacy Window Film Non-Adhesive Film Glass Window cling Decorative Static Films No Glue Film Black Privacy Window Film Non-Adhesive Film Glass Window cling Decorative Static Films No Glue Film frosted window glass film window sticker for home kitchen office windows Privacy Window Film Static Cling Frosted Glass Film for Home Kitchen Bathroom Total Blackout Window Film Privacy Film for Day Sleep/Shift Workers Window Film Static Cling Frosted Glass Film Size 17.7" x 78.7" 17.5" x 78.7" 17.5" x 78.7" Pattern Frosted Matte White Frosted Matte Black Frosted Stylish Pattern Privacy Level Top Level Privacy Protection Top Level Privacy Protection Partial Privacy Protection Application Applied on Flat, Clean, and Smooth Glass Surfaces Applied on Flat, Clean, and Smooth Glass Surfaces Applied on Flat, Clean, and Smooth Glass Surfaces Function Privacy Protection, UV Rejection, Light Blocking, Glare Control, Home Decoration Privacy Protection, UV Rejection, 100% Light Blocking, Room Darkening, Home Decoration Partial Privacy Protection, UV Rejection, Light Blocking, Glare Control, Home Decoration Static Cling No Glue? ✓ ✓ ✓ Even Works For Bathroom? ✓ ✓
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Heat Control Window Films
Your windows do a great job of keeping the interior of your home comfortable. But no matter how well-sealed those windows are, most let at least a small amount of the great outdoors in. That means in the summertime those 90-degree temperatures battle it out with your home’s air conditioning. It also means that your utility bills are higher than they have to be for at least a few months out of the year.
Before you invest in special windows, there’s a much more affordable option. Window film easily applies to the glass of your windows, providing privacy and blocking the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. But as Vicki Liston, writer, host, and producer of home improvement show “On The Fly…DIY,” points out, not all window films insulate your home against those scorching summers.
“Look for a film that advertises ‘UV,’ ‘heat control,’ or ‘solar control’ features, as they are specifically designed to keep the heat out,” Liston says. “Metallic film or ceramic film will provide the best heat-controlling results.”
While both metallic and ceramic film is effective, Liston has found that some consumers don’t like the mirrored look metallic film brings to their windows. Ceramic film is better in those cases. She also recommends ceramic film for those who live near seawater since salty air tends to gradually corrode metallic film.
Beyond all of those features, though, there’s the simple fact that different films provide a different look to your windows. You’ll have the option of simply shading your window or creating a decorative look. Stained glass is very popular in window films, so that could be something to give your room a little pizzazz.
In addition to cutting down glare and keeping your home better insulated, window films also protect your belongings. Instead of the sun shining in on your furniture day after day, your window film will block UV rays, keeping your upholstery and other items like new for as long as possible.
The Heat Control Window Film Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping, it’s important to know the difference between the light-blocking properties of each type of film. This is essential because it determines how much of the outdoor heat your privacy film can keep out. You’ll get the most insulation from Gila Privacy Black Window Film, 36×78-Inch, which blocks 99 percent of all UV rays and 94 percent of glare. You’ll get 85-percent sunlight blocking with the CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch.
- However, there can be a downside to all that sunlight reduction. As Liston points out, you’ll lose some natural light when your insulating film is too strong.
“A film with a total solar energy rejection number in the 70-percentile range will make your home feel much cooler while not inhibiting too much natural light,” Liston says. “UV rejection in the 90-percentile range is common and will minimize damaging rays and contribute to the heat reduction. If you want more natural light in your room, go with a film that denotes 60-70% light transmission. However, many people find a 49% light transmission to be a good compromise between allowing some natural light in while keeping the glare to a minimum.”
- If natural light is a priority for you, you might prefer HIDBEA UV Window Film, 35-Inch x 8-Feet in silver, which reduces sunlight only by up to 71 percent.
- CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch also helps out in the wintertime, reducing heat loss from your home by 30 percent.
- One side benefit of privacy film is the actual privacy it provides. It’s important to note that some movements and shadows can still be seen, particularly with films that let in some natural light. Check to ensure your chosen film offers maximum privacy before choosing it for an area like a bathroom or bedroom.
- Installing your window film should be fairly easy, as long as you choose a film that doesn’t require glue or adhesive to install. Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch, CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch and HIDBEA UV Window Film, 35-Inch x 8-Feet install using water. Gila Privacy Black Window Film, 36×78-Inch uses static cling, and static cling applications can be less durable than those that apply using water.
- The Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch comes in seven different sizes. With other privacy films, make sure you buy a size that’s larger than what you need so that you can cut it to fit during install.
- Technicalities aside, your choice will probably come down to how the film itself looks when installed. Rabbitgoo Privacy Window Film, 35×157-Inch and CottonColors Heat Control Privacy Glass, 35×79-Inch have a stained glass look that makes them more ideal for bathrooms and smaller windows. If you’re covering a large sliding glass door or you just want something less obvious, HIDBEA UV Window Film, 35-Inch x 8-Feet is a great option. It gives your window a subtle tint in black, blue, brown or silver, depending on the color you choose. Gila Privacy Black Window Film, 36×78-Inch tints your window in a shade of black to darken the room.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide