KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror
Last updated date: October 7, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Makeup Mirrors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Makeup Mirror you should buy.
Update as June 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Makeup Mirror for a detailed review of all the top makeup mirrors.
With just one finger, you can adjust the brightness of the KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror, helping you find the perfect lighting to get your makeup going. You can choose between 1x, 2x and 3x magnification to get the perfect zoom you need. Its small size makes it ideal for those who need a makeup mirror for traveling.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The lighted makeup mirror endowed with 21 lights which are evenly distributed all along the mirror. The LED lights offer a naturally bright illumination while the trifold light design provides better viewing angles. The makeup mirror has 180 degree rotatable stand that can be fixed at any position effortlessly and you can also detach it when not using. The amazing light adjustment allows you to dim or brighten the illumination with ease.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Makeup artist, beauty coach and author
Natalie Setareh is an award-winning international makeup artist, makeup educator and, most recently, author of the book “Be Your Own Makeup Artist: Unleash Your Inner Beauty.” Her makeup career has taken her around the world, from Monterey, California, to Augusta, Georgia, and, most recently, to Wiesbaden, Germany.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Makeup Mirrors
Everyone has preferences when it comes to morning routines. Some prefer to stand at the sink, while others like the convenience of sitting at a vanity. With a lighted makeup mirror, you can set up your own makeup station anywhere you want.
The most important feature to consider when purchasing a makeup mirror is the light distribution, says Natalie Setareh, a makeup artist, beauty coach and the author of the book “Be Your Own Makeup Artist: Unleash Your Inner Beauty.”
“You want your makeup mirror to distribute light evenly around your face. This is extremely difficult to achieve with small, travel-sized lighted mirrors — many of which are smaller than the size of your face,” she says.
Some of the best makeup mirrors feature adjustable lighting, which means you can get ready for the day based on the type of lighting you’ll be in. If you’re going out for the night, switch to dimmer lighting, but day mode will give you exactly what you’ll need to look great in direct sunlight.
“Do you wear makeup mostly during the day? If so, you’ll want a makeup mirror with neutral and cool-toned LED lighting. Why? This most closely replicates diffused daylight,” says Setareh. “If you are more a night owl and wear makeup for evening events, you may consider investing in a makeup mirror with amber or warm-toned golden lighting. Should you use a makeup mirror with cool lighting for an evening event, you may appear (in photos) that you aren’t wearing much makeup. Conversely, if you use warm lighting to apply daytime makeup, it may appear too ‘heavy.'”
Another benefit of a makeup mirror is magnification. You can get a close-up look at your pores while you’re cleansing or your eyebrows while you’re tweezing. This is a service your regular bathroom mirror could never provide, and you’ll quickly wonder how you ever lived without it.
Side panels are also a valuable feature with some makeup mirrors. You can adjust these to give yourself a 180-degree view of your face. If you plan to use your mirror this way, look for one with a stand that lets you swivel the mirror for the exact angle you want. Whether you choose a one-panel or three-panel mirror, though, it’s important to pay close attention to the viewing area. Compare the one you’re considering to a mirror you already have to see what size will work best for you.
You’ll probably find that your need for a makeup mirror doesn’t stop when you go on vacation. In fact, it can be extra useful to be able to set up a makeup station wherever you are. If you plan to travel with your makeup mirror, portability is an important feature to search for while you’re shopping. But you may want to enjoy the viewing area of larger mirrors, so one that folds up for transport may be the best option.
Setareh also recommends looking for features like a makeup mirror that can be charged or used while plugged in — nothing is worse than a dead makeup mirror when you’re in a hurry.
The Makeup Mirror Buying Guide
- Most makeup mirrors have built-in lights, but one differentiating factor is adjustability. The Jerdon Tri-Fold 2-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror comes with four settings: day, office, evening and home. This lets you apply makeup in the lighting that best mimics where you’ll be all day. The Fancii 10x Lighted Makeup Mirror imitates natural light, while the KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror lets you adjust the brightness with one finger. The Vimdiff Portable Lighted Vanity Mirror uses LED lighting to provide extremely bright illumination.
- The Fancii 10x Lighted Makeup Mirror is energy efficient, using 60% less energy than comparable mirrors.
- In addition to lighting, magnification is a feature makeup mirrors often have that you can’t get with your bathroom mirrors. The Jerdon Tri-Fold 2-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror features both 1x and 5x magnification to allow you to zoom in for extreme detail. The KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror includes 1x, 2x and 3x magnification modes. The Fancii 10x Lighted Makeup Mirror and Vimdiff Portable Lighted Vanity Mirror both offer only 10x magnification, which can be useful for those who have vision issues.
- If you want a full 180-degree view of your look, the Jerdon Tri-Fold 2-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror and KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror are worth considering. Both have two side panels to enhance what you’re seeing in the main mirror. The Fancii 10x Lighted Makeup Mirror is only one panel, but its square shape gives you a wider view than you’d have with a rectangular mirror of the same size.
- It can help to be able to take your makeup mirror on the road with you. The KOOLORBS Makeup 21 LED Vanity Mirror and Vimdiff Portable Lighted Vanity Mirror are both relatively small in size, making them easy to pack away. However, the Jerdon Tri-Fold 2-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror and Fancii 10x Lighted Makeup Mirror both fold, providing portability without sacrificing size.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide