Danby Diplomat Chest Freezer, 9.0 Cubic Feet
Last updated date: August 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Danby Freezers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Danby Freezer you should buy.
Update as August 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Danby Freezer for a detailed review of all the top danby freezers.
You'll get 9 cubic feet of storage in this chest storage, which is ideal for those more interested in a model that occupies vertical space rather than horizontal. It uses R600A refrigerant to keep its impact on the environment low. This model requires manual defrost, so keep in mind you'll have to set time aside occasionally to do that.
In our analysis, the Danby Danby Diplomat Chest Freezer, 9.0 Cubic Feet placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
You’ll never be faced with a shortage of food storage space again with this 9 cubic foot (255 litre) chest freezer. You’ll also see your electricity bills drop thanks to the foam insulated lid and cabinet which keep the cold inside. There’s an easily-accessible electronic thermostat mounted on the front and the rust-resistant interior liner is constructed with aluminum to make it a breeze to keep clean. The drain is also mounted on the front which makes for fast and simple manual-defrosting maintenance. All of your favorite food items can be stored near the top with the convenient storage basket, making them easily accessible. This popular model also offers peace of mind with its 12-month warranty on parts and labor with in-home service
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Danby Freezers
Danby specializes in home appliances that are designed for functionality. It’s a family business with a 65-year history in the industry, specializing in space-saving, yet functional products.
If you’re in the market for a freezer, but limited on space, Danby is well worth considering. The company has mastered the art of packing plenty of space into a narrow design. While they still sell chest freezers, which remain popular, their upright freezers are perfect for tucking into a corner.
Keep in mind that chest freezers tend to be more energy-efficient than upright models. To compensate for that, look for one that is Energy Star rated. Some include foam insulation in the lid and body to keep the interior cooler. You’ll also find many of Danby’s freezers use R600A refrigerant, which is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional coolants.
Frost is an ongoing issue with freezers. As frost builds up, you’ll find the efficiency of your freezer is reduced in addition to the fact that you’ll simply have less storage space. If you’ve ever manually defrosted a freezer, you know what a pain that can be, and many of Danby’s freezers require manual defrost. Some of their freezers are labeled frost-free, which removes frost through the use of a cooling coil.
From there, it’s just a matter of deciding on the extra features that are important to you. Take a close look at the interior of the freezer and make sure it has the organization options you prefer. Many contain shelving and some even have drawers and in-door storage for those smaller items.
One big benefit of Danby freezers that may not get as much notice is its scratch-resistant top. This means you can store items on top of your freezer if you want. Just be careful piling your freezer down since doing so will make it tough to lift that lid to get inside when you need to.
The Danby Freezer Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping for a freezer, measure the space where you’ll be storing it. You can then compare this to the measurements for each freezer type.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your options to freezers that will fit in the space you’ve designated, look at capacity. Larger doesn’t always mean more space. Capacity is affected by the number of shelves and the general build of the interior.
- Insulation can help keep the cool air in, allowing your freezer to operate at the desired temperature without using extra electricity. Some Danby freezers have foam insulation built into both the lid and the body.
- You’ll occasionally need to remove items from your freezer to clean the interior. You’ll find some Danby freezers are built to make cleanup easy.
- If your freezer requires you to periodically defrost it manually, check the location of the drain that will remove the excess water created while you’re thawing.
- Temperature control is essential with any appliance built for cooling. Check the location of the thermostat and how easy it is to operate.
- Quick freeze can come in handy if you bring items home from the store after they’ve had time to thaw a little in your car. It also works well for making quick ice cubes or popsicles.
- If you’re concerned about the environment, you’ll love the fact that Danby freezers use R600a refrigerant. This product is not only eco-friendly, but it’s more energy-efficient, which will help you keep your utility bills low. According to Danby, R600a refrigerant is 162 times less damaging to the environment than other types.
- Consider the size of the items you’re likely to store in your extra freezer. If you regularly have small items like pints of ice cream, a drawer or in-door shelving can give you a handy place to store them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide