Dakine Split Rolling Luggage
Last updated date: March 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Roller Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Roller Bag you should buy.
Editor's Note February 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Roller Bag for a detailed review of all the top roller bags.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Dakine Dakine Split Rolling Luggage placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Main compartment can hold several days worth of clothes, a pair of shoes, and personal accessories. Interior also features three separate zip mesh pockets for storing toiletries and extra gear. Retractable handle: 16' full extension. Two durable top handles offer easy lifting from your back trunk and those tricky airport conveyor belts. Two front zip compartments store small items and travel documents. Features diamond accents and vintage detail. Durable urethane wheels are replaceable. Meets carry-on requirements. Volume: 6000 in³ (100 L) Materials: 600D polyester Imported.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Roller Bags
Whether you’re planning a short weekend getaway or you need to take a long business trip, you’ll benefit from a quality roller bag. These bags are often big enough to hold several days’ worth of clothing and personal care products, yet small enough to meet airline carry-on requirements.
As you search for the best roller bag, consider whether you want the bag to have wheels. Carry-ons can get heavy, which may do a number on your back, especially if you have to lug them a long distance. A bag like the Samsonite Omni Hardside Luggage with Wheels is equipped with multi-directional over-sized spinner wheels that make it a breeze to push or pull.
Carry-ons with wheels also need to have a comfortable handle that extends to match the individual’s height. The Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage comes with an aluminum ergonomic telescoping handle that is nice and sturdy.
Review the roller bag’s outer material. For example, the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage has an outer shell made of an extra-thick ABS. It isn’t easily scratched or dented, which means it’s durable and designed to last.
Design and function will also play a roll in deciding which roller bag to purchase. There are models that offer as many as 32 different colors and patterns. There are also bags, like the Samsonite Women’s Spinner Mobile Office, that are elegant in appearance and include a host of inner and outer pockets. They are able to store your paperwork, hold your water bottle and keep your tablet protected from harm.
The Roller Bag Buying Guide
- Review the weight of the roller bag. Heavier bags reduce the number of items you’ll be able to bring if the airline has a weight limit on carry-ons.
- Check for locks, as many models require you to purchase locks separately.
- Every so often, you’ll need to give your roller bag a good cleaning. You can use the hose on your vacuum cleaner to vacuum out the bag’s interior. Next, place a drop of dish soap on a wet cloth and use the cloth to wipe down the bag’s inner lining and outer shell. If the wheels are dirty, you’ll want to brush the dirt off before wiping the wheels down with the soapy cloth.
- Design and the number of features play a big part in the overall price of a roller bag. The AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage and the Rockland Melbourne Expandable Carry-On Luggage are basic and have no exterior pockets, making them extremely affordable. The Samsonite Omni Hardside Luggage with Wheels has added TSA locks and a long product warranty, so it costs a bit more. Since the Samsonite Women’s Spinner Mobile Office is elegantly designed with extra features, like a padded pocket for a tablet and an accordion pocket for files, it has the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide