Bioré Daily Face Wipe Cleansing Cloths, 60-Count
Last updated date: September 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Face Wipes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Face Wipe you should buy.
If you have normal skin, these wipes can clean your pores deeply and not leave any oily residue behind. They use special fibers to remove makeup and impurities from the face. In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Bioré Bioré Daily Face Wipe Cleansing Cloths, 60-Ct placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Face Wipes for a detailed review of all the top face wipes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Cleans pores and exfoliates skin in one wipe. Great as part of your daily skincare routine.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Face Wipes
Face wipes offer a convenient way to get rid of dirt, makeup and oils from your face when you don’t have soap, water or other facial cleaning products readily available. You can think of the wipes as an extra part of your regular skincare routine rather than a complete replacement. They particularly come in handy after working out or while traveling.
Consider your skin type and any problems you experience since face wipe brands often make several versions of their wipes for different uses. For example, you can find face wipes designed for those with acne and for those who want something moisturizing. You can also find cooling wipes that make your face feel refreshed.
If you have oily skin, you’ll want to find an oil-free wipe that can offer a deep cleaning and reduce the likelihood of breakouts. However, you’ll want to find a face wipe labeled as sensitive, natural and moisturizing if you have dry skin you need to soothe. Those with normal skin can benefit from general cleansing wipes.
Consider whether you need face wipes that can help with hard-to-remove makeup like waterproof mascara. The gentlest brands can work well for cleaning and removing light to medium makeup. But if you wear heavier makeup, consider looking for a brand that specifically mentions waterproof makeup removal.
If you’re looking for the safest option, find out whether the face wipes use all-natural ingredients and avoid irritants that may cause problems for your skin. For example, alcohol can make your skin dry and weaker over time. Also, check that the wipes don’t have ingredients that release formaldehyde.
Some face wipes have special ingredients that add a pleasant fragrance, while others market themselves as fragrance-free. Since fragrances can irritate your skin, you may want to avoid them if you experience sensitivity. You’ll also want to make sure that you don’t have any allergy to such ingredients.
DWYM Fun Fact
Long before people used face wipes or even regular soap to clean their faces, they looked to natural elements to create face masks that could give them clean, nourished skin. As far back as 5,000 years ago, Ayurvedic Indians made cleansing face masks out of items like flowers and herbs. The ancient Chinese would take leaves and rice water to create face masks out of a paste.
It wasn’t until the late 1950s that the foundation for modern face wipes took shape. A man named Arthur Julius invented the first wet wipes called the Wet Nap. This product had set the stage for baby wipes, cosmetic wipes and other disposable cleaning wipes that would arrive later in the century.
The Face Wipe Buying Guide
- When using a face wipe, be sure to clean your face with the proper technique. Rather than just rubbing your face all over, aim for a circular motion for the best cleaning. Take care when wiping around the delicate eye area.
- Don’t hesitate to use more than one face wipe at a time. You should switch to a new one once the first wipe looks too dirty. Heavy makeup removal can easily require two wipes, and you may want to use one exclusively for hard-to-remove makeup like waterproof mascara.
- While specifically marketed for the face, some face wipes like those from Cetaphil also work well for wiping off your body. This helps after a tough workout with no shower nearby.
- Avoid the temptation to use face wipes as the only step for cleaning your face each day. Use a regular cleanser with water along with some moisturizer at least daily for healthy skin.
- Rather than just tossing the face wipe and moving on with your day, splash some water on your face to remove anything the wipe left behind. Otherwise, you may experience some irritation depending on the wipe’s ingredients.
- While face wipes may work fine for light makeup removal, using some separate makeup remover first can work better if you wear heavy, waterproof makeup. Otherwise, makeup that gets left behind may cause issues with breakouts.
- Take care in how you store your face wipes and close the package. These wet wipes can easily dry out in hot areas, so avoid storing them in a place like your car or a purse left out in the heat. Be sure to reseal the wipes carefully and press the cover down fully to prolong their life.
- Don’t feel the need to stick to one particular type of face wipe as your skincare needs may change. For example, you may need deep cleansing wipes when you’re having a lot of acne breakouts but switch to gentler wipes if your skin gets dry from other acne treatments.