Olay Daily Facials 5-In-1 Sensitive Clean Face Wipes
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Face Wipes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Face Wipe you should buy.
Travelers will delight in these handy face wipes, as they come in pocket-size packs. The wipes are also dry, which means they won't leak onto any of the other items in your suitcase. To use the wipes, you simply need to activate them with water and you're good to go. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Olay Olay Daily Facials 5-In-1 Sensitive Clean Wipes placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Face Wipe for a detailed review of all the top face wipes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Don’t have the sink space (or the time) for a cleanser, a makeup remover, a toner, a scrub, and a mask? Don’t sweat it, a single cleansing cloth has all five benefits
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Face Wipes
A recent market study revealed that the personal care wipes market is predicted to continue growing through the year 2025. The largest market for this product is listed as North America. Since face wipes work so well to remove dirt, grime and makeup, and since they are so convenient, it makes sense that people are drawn to this product.
As you shop for the best face wipe on the market, you’ll want to first consider the product packaging. Choose a set of face wipes that either has a resealable top or an attached plastic lid, as you need to keep the wipes from drying out in between cleanings.
Size is also important if you plan on traveling with the wipes. The Olay Daily Facials 5-In-1 Sensitive Clean Wipes are not only pocket-size, but also dry. They activate with water when you reach your destination, which means you won’t have to worry about any liquid accidentally spilling out onto the clothes in your suitcase.
Individuals with sensitive skin will want to go with a set of face wipes that is hypoallergenic. Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Face Wipe is a great choice, as it utilizes a natural plant-based formula. The added cucumbers and aloe vera not only feel cool and refreshing on skin, but they also work to nourish the skin.
It’s good practice to always thoroughly review the face wipe’s ingredient list, so you know exactly what you’re putting on your face. The Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Cotton Extract Face Wipe is 99.1% natural. It’s made using cotton, rice extracts and aloe vera. It doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients, like fragrances.
Women who enjoy wearing makeup on a daily basis will want to go with a face wipe that is specifically made to remove that makeup. For example, the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Face Wipes are designed to gently remove all makeup, including waterproof mascara. In fact, the wipes are so gentle that even contact lens wearers can use them.
DWYM Fun Fact
The first form of face wipes was invented by Arthur Julius in 1957. Julius created the brand Wet-Naps and took his new product to the 1960 National Restaurant Show in Chicago. Just three years later, Julius had his Wet-Naps in every Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.
Although general wet wipes can be used for everything from diaper changes to wiping away sweat, specially formulated wipes were created and marketed as facial wipes. There are two main reasons for this. First, many women wear makeup, which may be tough to remove. Second, the skin on a person’s face is far more sensitive than the skin on the rest of their body, so it requires a gentler formula.
The Face Wipe Buying Guide
- Face wipes are not designed to be flushed in a toilet. You need to dispose of them in a trash receptacle.
- Use the face wipes by moving them across your skin in a circular motion. Gently dab the wipes around your eyes, as this is the most sensitive part of your face. You may need to use more than one face wipe to get your skin completely clean.
- It’s good practice to give your face a rinse with plain water after you’ve finished using your face wipes. Grab a clean towel and dab your face dry.
- Once your face is clean, consider applying a moisturizer to rehydrate your skin. Look for a brand that is alcohol and fragrance-free, as these chemicals are harsh on skin.
- The best way to compare the cost of different face wipe brands is to determine how much you’re paying per wipe. To get this figure, divide the total cost of the wipes by the number of wipes in the set. The Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Face Wipe and the Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Cotton Extract Face Wipe are both extremely affordable options. You’ll pay just a bit more for the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Face Wipes. The Olay Daily Facials 5-In-1 Sensitive Clean Wipes come in with the highest price tag.