The Best Outdoor Hanging Brackets
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
If you want to liven up your favorite outdoor space, a good set of outdoor hanging brackets could do the trick. These brackets will let you hang items like potted plants, decorations and bird feeders wherever you have a little bare wall space.
Before you choose a hanging bracket, though, make sure you can mount it. Wood is obviously the easiest surface for drilling, so if you have a doorframe or post, that’s probably the best spot. But with the right tools, you can also drill into brick and stucco pretty easily. As long as you take the time to plan ahead, you can make your outdoor hanging bracket work wherever you want to place it.
Once you’ve decided on a location for your hanging items, it’s time to plan exactly where you’ll be drilling the holes. Measure the area and make sure you get mounting brackets that fit. Many come in multiples, so you may find that a four-pack that lets you space your items out more gives you better flexibility than two brackets that let you hang multiple items.
Another thing to consider before you start shopping for a bracket is color. Typically, brackets come in a dark metal color, but you can find them in black or white, as well, and can obviously paint them if you need to. Take a look around and see what will match your space best before you buy.
Our Picks For The Top Outdoor Hanging Brackets
- 1. KABB Iron Wall Mounted Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 2-Pack
- 2. AMAGABELI GARDEN & HOME Metal Outdoor Hanging Brackets
- 3. StoutMax Antique Black Finish Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 6-Pack
- 4. AMAGABELI GARDEN & HOME Decorative Iron Bird Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 2-Pack
- 5. Elwiya Rustic Vintage Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 4-Pack
- 6. Mkono Cast Iron Hummingbird Outdoor Hanging Brackets
- 7. AMAGABELI GARDEN & HOME Multi-Purpose Metal Outdoor Hanging Brackets
Iron Wall Mounted Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 2-Pack
Made from rust-resistant, heavy-duty steel, this hanging bracket has hooks that make it easy to hang everything from plants to bird feeders. Each bracket can hold a total of 11 pounds and can be used either indoors or outdoors. You'll get two hooks and four mounting screws in each set, with an approximate size of 10 inches by 8 inches.
11-Pound CapacityThese heavy-duty steel brackets can hold up to 11 pounds.
AMAGABELI GARDEN & HOME
Metal Outdoor Hanging Brackets
Choose from one, two or four hanging plant brackets with this option, which gives you the flexibility to really customize your outdoor space. Each bracket has four nail holes (two at each end) as well as screws and rubber plugs for installation. The material is rust-resistant and heavy duty to provide years of use.
Sturdy ConstructionHand-forged, wrought-iron construction brings both reliability and a classic look to your outdoor spaces.
Antique Black Finish Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 6-Pack
Choose from two different colors and a set of either six or 10 with these hooks. The simple design means you can use it to hang a wide variety of items, from plants to decorative lanterns to bird feeders. The included set of 12 EZ-thread mounting screws make it a cinch to hang the brackets.
Versatile SetupThese brackets come in black or white, as well as sets of six or 10, to help you find the setup you need.
AMAGABELI GARDEN & HOME
Decorative Iron Bird Outdoor Hanging Brackets, 2-Pack
Choose from a single bracket or a set of two, each made from rust-resistant, heavy-duty steel. The simple shape makes it easy to hang everything from potted plants to holiday decorations. The dark finish with a classy bird-and-leaf design makes these stand out from other hanging brackets.
Nature MotifThe unique bird motif makes these brackets a fun addition to your patio or porch.
What to Look For
- Your outdoor hanging bracket will likely be exposed to the elements, even if it’s under an awning, so make sure you choose one designed for outdoor use. Many of these types of brackets are rust-resistant and designed to hold up over many years.
- Weight capacity may also come into play. Most brackets can handle lightweight plants and bird feeders, but the birds themselves might weigh down your bracket. Your plant will also get a little heavier after you water it.
- Chances are, your brackets will come with all the hardware you’ll need to mount them. You’ll, of course, need to have the right tools handy, including a drill and screwdriver.
- The look of the brackets comes into play, too. Many are made from heavy-duty steel, but they also come in a variety of colors. Some have decorative features that can really make them stand out.
- Keep in mind that what you hang on the bracket could change from one year to the next. You might want something a little more versatile in case you find a different type of hanging plant that you want to go there.
Outdoor Hanging Bracket Rankings
More to Explore
Hanging plants can add something to your outdoor spaces. Instead of being limited to the ground, they let you add a pop of color or some greenery at eye level. But you can’t just take a normal potted plant and add a hook to it. Hanging plants need to be potted a certain way, using a lightweight holder that will also resist leaking onto the ground below.
In addition to the holder, the types of plants differ when you’re hanging them. Trailing plants are popular because they tend to cover the container as they grow. At eye level, it’s tougher to see the flowers inside a hanging plant, so trailing plants let the beauty spill out, where the leaves are more visible.