The Best Liquid Highlighter
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
If you’re looking for skin that radiates, then you need to have a good liquid highlighter in your makeup bag. This is a product that contains highly concentrated pigments which you apply to certain areas of your face. Liquid highlighter helps to add shine to your cheekbones, cupid bows, nose bridge and other areas of your face. With the right product for your skin, you can enhance your natural features and make your skin look fresh and dewy.
What should you look for when searching for a liquid highlighter? One of the most important things is the finish. You can get liquid highlighter that is on the sparklier side or something that has a soft sheen. It all depends on what kind of look you want to create. You can also find liquid highlighter in different textures. For example, a dewy gel will give you a more wet look. Another option is one that dries with a matte texture. If you like to mix the liquid highlighter with your foundation, then it’s best to get one that is more on the wet end.
It’s also important to match the liquid highlighter with your skin tone. If you have light skin, then you will want to choose a liquid highlighter that contains, pale golds, pinks and soft peach tones. If you have medium skin, then opt for a liquid highlighter that contains rose gold, gold, white beiges and copper in them. For dark skin, choose a liquid highlighter that has coppers, warm golds, plums and bronze in them. In addition to matching the liquid highlighter with your skin, you should also consider what your goal is with the product. For example, if you want to bring out warmth from the cool tones in your skin, then opt for a liquid highlighter that has more warm tones in it.
Our Picks For The Top Liquid Highlighters
- 1. Wet n Wild MegaGlo Buildable Shimmer Finish Liquid Highlighter
- 2. REVLON Colorstay Endless Glow Blendable Liquid Highlighter
- 3. e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Vitamin E Liquid Highlighter
- 4. SACE LADY Lightweight Glitter Shimmer Liquid Highlighter, 3-Count
- 5. EDDIE FUNKHOUSER Glow Drops Vegan Liquid Highlighter
Wet n Wild
MegaGlo Buildable Shimmer Finish Liquid Highlighter
With this intensely pigmented liquid highlighter, you get a multi-dimensional shimmer effect. It contains vitamin E for a smooth and even application. The liquid highlighter also contains pearl pigments and grapeseed oil.
Intensely PigmentedThis liquid formula offers a multi-dimensional shimmer.
Colorstay Endless Glow Blendable Liquid Highlighter
This long-lasting liquid highlighter offers a crystal glow all day long. The formula is creamy and easily blendable. It is available in five shimmering shades to suit multiple skin tones.
Long-Lasting ResultsThis liquid highlighter offers a crystal glow all day.
Beautifully Bare Vitamin E Liquid Highlighter
This liquid highlighter helps to create a glowing look with illuminating pigments. It contains vitamin E to enrich the skin. The liquid highlighter is packaged efficiently to reduce carbon emissions.
Glowing LookThis liquid highlighter contains illuminating pigments.
Lightweight Glitter Shimmer Liquid Highlighter, 3-Count
This lightweight liquid formula is easy to build upon with foundation. It can also be used as a spot highlighter over makeup. The formula adds light to the face for a glowing complexion.
Lightweight FormulaThis liquid highlighter is easy buildable with foundation.
What to Look For
- Are liquid highlighters better than their powder or cream counterparts? Liquid highlighters tend to me more versatile as they work with different skin types more effectively. Plus, a little goes a long way when it comes to liquid highlighters, so they may be more economical as well. The formula is highly concentrated so you only need to use a very small amount.
- While some makeup products are better applied using a brush, liquid highlighter is not one of them. It’s actually better to use your fingers to apply liquid highlighter because they help to warm up the product a little bit. This makes it easy to blend into your skin so it looks seamless and flawless.
- Most liquid highlighters should last you about a year if you use them on a regular basis. Keep in mind that if you want to make it last longer, it’s best to store it in a cool, dry place. Just remember to check the expiration date and don’t use the product after that date as it may irritate your skin.
- What do you use first, liquid highlighter or foundation? It’s best to apply liquid highlighters to the skin first, followed by foundation. If you do it the other way around, the highlighter may break down the foundation underneath. Some people also mix the liquid highlighter with their foundation and apply it at the same time, which tends to work well.
Liquid Highlighter Rankings
More to Explore
While some makeup products are made for specific kinds of skin, liquid highlighter is a versatile option that works for almost all skin types. You can find a range of formulas to suit your needs, whether you have dry skin, oily skin or something in between. For example, if you have dry skin, liquid highlighter is a good choice because the pigment won’t pile up on problem areas of your face unlike powder highlighters might. If you have oily skin, liquid highlighters can add some glamour when used with a matte foundation without looking too shiny.