SMALL FISH Fidget Toys Set
Last updated date: November 19, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sensory Toys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sensory Toy you should buy.
If you're looking to keep your little one occupied for long periods of time, the SMALL FISH Fidget Toys Set is your best bet. With each set, you'll get 22 different sensory toys that are all non-toxic and certified to meet today's safety standards. There are games designed to reduce anxiety and stress, toys with different textures and puzzles that promote problem solving. In our analysis of 64 expert reviews, the SMALL FISH SMALL FISH Fidget Toys Set placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 30, 2019:
Checkout The Best Sensory Toy for a detailed review of all the top sensory toys.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
small fish It's more fun with SMALL FISH SMALL FISH toys are created with fun and learning and aim to build and share memories for kids and parents. From the classic musical instruments, brain teasers, high flying kites, vibrantly colored take apart toys, cool fidget toys, and fun wall stickers, each toy is produced with non-toxic and child-friendly materials, constructed sturdily and prepared and packaged with care. SMALL FISH is committed to providing enjoyable and educational toys that will encourage creativity and arouse imagination, boost social skills and interaction. Great Sensory Toy Pack For Fidgeters Great Sensory Toy Pack For Fidgeters These toys can be played, squeezed, stretched, flipped and pressed to satisfy any fidgeting. These are great for kids who are hyperactive and people with ADD, ADHD and OCD or anyone with hyperthyroidism. In addition, these are noiseless so as not to add more stress and distraction. Likewise, these are great to simply pass time while waiting or during dull and boring situations. Most importantly, these will relieve stress and anxiety as well as improve focus and concentration for both kids and adults. Complete Fidgeting Set Complete Fidgeting Set Since fidgeters diffuse fidgeting in different ways, these toy kit will satisfy the kind of fidgeting they have. With 9 different types including 1 3 by 3 magic rubiks cube, 1 liquid motion timer, 1 snap and click chain, 1 basketball stress ball, 3 marble and mesh, 3 mesh grape balls, 2 flippy chains, 1 peek-a-boo squeeze beans, and 6 stretchy strings. That is an entire fidgeting set to soothe any nervousness and anxiety. It also comes with a large storage bag so the toys can be kept and stored easier and quicker. Top Quality Durable Materials Top Quality Durable Materials Each hand held toy is durable and will last long. These are also child safe and non-toxic. These are very safe for kids and adults, however, small parts may be a choking hazard to kids younger than 3. The largest set is 5.5 x 2.2 and the smallest is 1.8 x 1.2 so these toys fit perfectly in the palm of the hands to keep them busy. NOTE: Each stress ball is designed to withstand 200 - 400 constant squeezes and 1,000 - 1,300 squeezes of non constant squeezes. Ideal for All Ages Ideal for All Ages Kids and adults age 5 to 105 will definitely have hours of fun and relaxation with these toys in hand. In addition, these are unisex so they are great for boys and girls or men and women. As you are getting 22 pieces of sensory tools and toys, it’s very shareable between friends, cousins, siblings, classmates and colleagues. Multipurpose Gift Multipurpose Gift Amazing gifts that are very portable and can be played everywhere such as the library, schools, classrooms, offices, in the car, bus or plane. Because of the small size, these are great travel toys and can fit in small pockets, purses and bag slots. Moreover, these can be used as party favors or as party activities and as also great as a prize or incentive.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sensory Toys
The input we receive through our sensory systems helps us learn about the environment around us. This is why sensory play is so important for developing babies. To encourage your infant or toddler to explore and to help them grow, you’ll want to introduce them to a variety of sensory toys.
“Like most toys for babies, the best ones are safe to chew and easy to wash,” says parenting expert Kate Desmond. “As your child starts to develop, look for toys that provide a challenge — think little puzzles, fun games and building activities. “
Consider toys that are easy for tiny hands to grasp, especially if the toy is for an infant. You’ll also want to make sure all of the surfaces are soft to the touch and that they contain no sharp edges. The Sassy Stretchy String Sensory Toys is an excellent choice, as it features over 10 large bulges that stick out of a soft ball. Each of the bulges are made of a different type of material, so that your baby can explore contrasting textures as they move from grabbing one to another.
Look for sensory toys that appeal to your baby’s sense of sound. You may find some that act as rattles, with little balls inside that make a fun noise when your baby shakes them back and forth. You may also opt for a toy that plays a variety of songs when the baby presses a button. This type of toy is also good for teaching little ones about cause and effect.
“When purchasing for an infant, look for soft touch, bright colors and fun sounds,” says Desmond. “The idea is to indulge the senses. Give your baby different textures to explore, helping them to understand the world around them.”
Stimulating your baby’s eyesight is also important. Toys with bright colors and different patterns are a good choice. The Crayola Musical Doodle Board has 12 light colors that appeal to toddlers. The enclosed gel surface allows babies to practice drawing using their fingers, while preventing the type of mess that comes with fingerpaints.
Search for sensory toys that are lightweight and easy to transport. This way you’ll have a few toys that your child can carry in his car seat or play with in his stroller while you take a walk around the park. The SMALL FISH Fidget Toys Set comes with 22 different compact toys that are travel-friendly.
“Sensory toys are great for on-the-go situations too. Public places can be overwhelming for a child, so having a toy of this type can help them self soothe. Just make sure the sensory toy you choose is portable,” Desmond says.
Older children would do better with sensory toys that help them develop problem-solving skills. The Neliblu Snap and Click Fidget Toys, for example, allows kids to build a house, car or animal by simply pressing the different pieces together. In addition to connecting on the top and bottom, the pieces also fit together on the sides. That means children have the opportunity to explore a bunch of different combinations. The pieces are also easy to snap together and a cinch to pull apart, so your child won’t get frustrated during play.
“The best sensory toys combine action and brain power — keeping the mind and hands busy,” says Desmong. “These handheld toys are great for fidgeting babies and kids and can keep attention focused.”
Take into consideration any special needs that your child may have. If he or she has a tendency to fidget, for example, keep your eye out for sensory toys that will keep the child’s hands busy. Perhaps your child needs a challenge. If this is the case, then you’ll want to look for a puzzle toy instead, as this type of sensory toy enhances critical thinking skills.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that everyone has sensory needs and that our bodies are not limited to the five senses of taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing? In fact, it is believed that humans have as many as 21 senses. It only makes sense then that babies should be introduced to different sensory activities shortly after they are born. Specially designed sensory toys are a great choice.
Here are a few additional facts that may surprise you about your senses:
- Two of the most sensitive areas on the body are the fingertips and the soles of the feet. You’ll want to allow your baby to explore with their hands and feet as often as possible.
- Every hour a person’s eyes are able to process 36,000 pieces of information. You may notice your baby’s eyes darting around the room, as he or she still has to learn how to focus and absorb all that input.
- Children who are said to have Sensory Processing Disorder actually receive the senses around them just fine. It is the interpretation and responses of these senses that are off.
- Sensory play helps develop a child’s fine motor skills, which are responsible for the proper function of the body’s smaller muscle groups.
The Sensory Toy Buying Guide
- When purchasing toys from overseas, you’ll want to look for an ASTM F963 International Toy Standard Certificate to ensure the toys meet important safety protocols.
- If the sensory toys are made of plastic, it’s important that you check to see if the plastic is BPA-free and listed as non-toxic. Babies are going to put everything they pick up in their mouths, and you don’t want to chance any toxins ending up in your child’s system.
- Sensory toys that are made of plastic can be hand washed with a little dish soap and water. Fabric toys may or may not be machine washable, so it’s important that you check the product care label. You may also be able to spot clean the toys that aren’t safe for the washing machine.
- Check to see if the sensory toy requires batteries, and if so, look to see if the batteries included. Many companies leave it up to the parent to buy the batteries separately.
- When your child is no longer interested in his or her fabric sensory toys, you can give them to your pup.
- Some sensory toys are small and pose a choking hazard. Always examine the toys and make sure they are age-appropriate before giving them to your little one. You’ll also want to supervise your toddler during playtime.
- Consider sensory toys that are backed by a satisfaction or money-back guarantee. If the toys don’t meet your expectations, you’ll be able to contact the company for a replacement or refund.
- The cost of sensory toys varies based on how simple or complex the design of the toy is. The Neliblu Snap and Click Fidget Toys and the Sassy Stretchy String Sensory Toys are only the lower end of the price range, as they are lightweight and easy to use. You’ll find the SMALL FISH Fidget Toys Set is on the higher end of the price range because it includes 22 different toys. The Crayola Musical Doodle Board also commands a higher price due to its ability to light up and play a variety of songs.