The Best Outdoor Heater
We looked at the top 12 Outdoor Heaters and dug through the reviews from 16 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Outdoor Heaters.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Enjoying a meal or time outdoors with friends doesn’t have to end when fall approaches. An outdoor heater will extend the season several months, depending on where you live in the country. When shopping for a quality outdoor heater, there are a few things you need to know.
First, take a look at the outdoor heater’s BTUs. While you can purchase a top-notch heater with 40,000 BTUs, you may wish to go for a model like the AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater that is capable of an output of 46,000 BTUs. This type of unit is a better choice if you want the warmth to reach a greater distance or you simply enjoy being enveloped by a hotter temperature.
Second, review how easy the outdoor heater is to move from one location to another. This is important, as you’ll need to store the heater in a safe place in between uses. Some models solve this dilemma by including a set of back wheels. All you need to do is slightly tilt the unit and you can effortlessly push it back and forth.
Third, consider the outdoor heater’s overall design. Are you looking for a tall model that stands alone or do you want a unit that can be mounted on your patio wall? Perhaps you’d like a heater that offers a little pop of color to your outdoor living space? Of course, there are also models that offer a unique shape in an attractive finish.
Finally, look for an outdoor heater that has a little something extra. For example, there are gas patio heaters that have a removable table surrounding their center pole. Guests can use the table to hold everything from drinks to cell phones while socializing.
Our Picks For The Top Outdoor Heaters
- 1. Hiland Pyramid Propane Outdoor Heater
- 2. Hampton Bay Adjustable Propane Outdoor Heater
- 3. AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater
- 4. BELLEZE Premium Propane Patio Heater
- 5. Briza Infrared Outdoor Heater
- 6. AgiiMan Portable Electric Outdoor Heater
- 7. TRUSTECH Infrared Patio Space Heater & Remote
- 8. PAMAPIC Commercial Gas Outdoor Standing Patio Heater
- 9. sundate Electric Wall-Mount Heater & Remote
- 10. FDW Outdoor Standing LP Gas Propane Patio Heater
- 11. hOmeLabs Premium Drink Shelf Tabletop Gas Patio Heater
- 12. Mr. Heater Double Tank Top Outdoor Heater
Pyramid Propane Outdoor Heater
When you opt for this outdoor heater, you're getting an outdoor heater with style. The unit uses propane gas and has a handy electric igniter. Consumers will love the pyramid design of the heater, as well as its elegant bronze finish.
Attractive FinishIn addition to its unique design, this outdoor heater comes in an attractive bronze finish.
Adjustable Propane Outdoor Heater
Constructed from an attractive stainless steel, this outdoor heater is resistant to rust. It stands tall and features an adjustable control value, so you can customize the temperature in your space. The unit is easy to assemble and you'll be able to begin using it soon after it arrives.
Large Coverage AreaThis outdoor heater has the ability to warm a space as large as 200 square feet.
Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater
With a heat output of 46,000 BTUs, this outdoor heater is able to keep you nice and warm while you continue to enjoy time outdoors. The heater is available in eight different colors, including Havana bronze and Bahama blue. For safety, this outdoor heater has an automatic shut-off valve.
Easy to TransportMade with a set of back wheels, this outdoor heater is easy to transport to your desired outdoor setting.
Premium Propane Patio Heater
Thanks to a set of back wheels, this outdoor heater is easy to move around a deck or patio. The heater is heavy-duty and able to produce 48,000 BTUs of heat. That means you'll enjoy a 15-foot diameter heat range, so grab a drink and a few friends and head outside to watch the stars while staying nice and warm.
Multiple SettingsYou'll find this outdoor heater is available in a choice of finishes, including stainless steel, bronze and mocha.
Why we recommend these outdoor heaters?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 12 Outdoor Heaters and also dug through the reviews from 16 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Outdoor Heaters.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- Check whether any tools are required to assemble the outdoor heater you’re interested in. Some reviewers state that certain models are hard to assemble. You may want to recruit a friend to help or contact the company’s customer service number if you get stuck on any of the steps.
- If the base of your outdoor heater isn’t stable on windy days, you can add extra sand around the base to keep it steady.
- Most outdoor heaters are not suitable for indoor use or use in areas that are not well ventilated.
- Unless otherwise stated in the outdoor heater’s product care manual, do not leave your heater out in the rain.
- It’s a good idea to store your outdoor heater in a garage, shed or carport when not in use. If leaving the heater in an open carport, you may wish to also cover it with a tarp to protect it from flying debris and common pests.
- Design plays the biggest role in the overall cost of an outdoor heater. The AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater is more basic, and therefore, the most affordable model. Others feature a unique pyramid design and attractive bronze finish, which allows them to be able to command the highest price.
Outdoor Heater Rankings
More to Explore
Do you know that there are lots of published studies that reveal how important it is to spend time outdoors? Here are just a few results from some of those surveys:
- Exercise is actually easier when you go outside. This was discovered when the University of Essex studied a group of participants who exercised watching environments of different colors. The participants in the green group fared better than those in the red and gray groups.
- Spending time outside increases creativity. The “Journal of Experimental Psychology” published a research report that showed that creativity was increased when participants were walking versus when they remained seated.
- Going outside is a great way to reduce your stress levels. Results from a study in the journal “Landscape and Urban Planning” revealed that the participants with the lowest cortisol levels lived in areas surrounded by nature.