AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater
Last updated: November 11, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Heaters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Heater you should buy.
With a heat output of 46,000 BTUs, this outdoor heater is able to keep you nice and warm while you continue to enjoy time outdoors. The heater is available in eight different colors, including Havana bronze and Bahama blue. For safety, this outdoor heater has an automatic shut-off valve.In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Take full advantage of that well-loved outdoor living space–from one season to the next–with help from this commercial patio heater. The exceptionally powerful gas patio heater delivers soothing warmth that makes it easy to keep guests comfortable, even when temperatures begin to dip. From el fresco-style dining on the back deck to swanky cocktail parties on the patio to sipping cocoa under a star-filled sky, the commercial patio heater offers the ultimate solution for anyone serious about year-round outdoor entertaining.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Outdoor Heater Rankings
Enjoying a meal or time outdoors with friends doesn’t have to end when fall approaches. An outdoor heater will extend the season several months, depending on where you live in the country. When shopping for a quality outdoor heater, there are a few things you need to know.
First, take a look at the outdoor heater’s BTUs. While you can purchase a top-notch heater with 40,000 BTUs, you may wish to go for a model like the AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater that is capable of an output of 46,000 BTUs. This type of unit is a better choice if you want the warmth to reach a greater distance or you simply enjoy being enveloped by a hotter temperature.
Second, review how easy the outdoor heater is to move from one location to another. This is important, as you’ll need to store the heater in a safe place in between uses. Some models solve this dilemma by including a set of back wheels. All you need to do is slightly tilt the unit and you can effortlessly push it back and forth.
Third, consider the outdoor heater’s overall design. Are you looking for a tall model that stands alone or do you want a unit that can be mounted on your patio wall? Perhaps you’d like a heater that offers a little pop of color to your outdoor living space? Of course, there are also models that offer a unique shape in an attractive finish.
Finally, look for an outdoor heater that has a little something extra. For example, there are gas patio heaters that have a removable table surrounding their center pole. Guests can use the table to hold everything from drinks to cell phones while socializing.
- Check whether any tools are required to assemble the outdoor heater you’re interested in. Some reviewers state that certain models are hard to assemble. You may want to recruit a friend to help or contact the company’s customer service number if you get stuck on any of the steps.
- If the base of your outdoor heater isn’t stable on windy days, you can add extra sand around the base to keep it steady.
- Most outdoor heaters are not suitable for indoor use or use in areas that are not well ventilated.
- Unless otherwise stated in the outdoor heater’s product care manual, do not leave your heater out in the rain.
- It’s a good idea to store your outdoor heater in a garage, shed or carport when not in use. If leaving the heater in an open carport, you may wish to also cover it with a tarp to protect it from flying debris and common pests.
- Design plays the biggest role in the overall cost of an outdoor heater. The AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater is more basic, and therefore, the most affordable model. Others feature a unique pyramid design and attractive bronze finish, which allows them to be able to command the highest price.