hOmeLabs Premium Drink Shelf Tabletop Gas Patio Heater
Last updated date: July 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Heaters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Heater you should buy.
Set this outdoor heater outside and continue entertaining your guests. This portable heater even comes with a drink shelf that will hold everything from iced tea to hot chocolate. Need to move the outdoor heater from one spot to another? That's no problem thanks to the built-in bottom wheels. In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the hOmeLabs hOmeLabs Premium Tabletop Gas Patio Heater placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Outdoor Heater for a detailed review of all the top outdoor heaters.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Don't let cool evenings stop your outdoor activity. This outdoor propane patio heater is a great heating solution and a perfect alternative to a fire pit. Noiseless, calming and provides steady and consistent heat minus the smoke and blazes while you sat enjoying the nature's beauty even through cold evenings, chilly autumns, and nippy winters. The heater requires a 20-pound propane gas tank (tank not included). To operate, press the ignition button for a FULL 90 SECONDS to turn on. The variable heat-control knob is adjustable from low to high heat.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Outdoor Heaters
Enjoying a meal or time outdoors with friends doesn’t have to end when fall approaches. An outdoor heater will extend the season several months, depending on where you live in the country. When shopping for a quality outdoor heater, there are a few things you need to know.
First, take a look at the outdoor heater’s BTUs. While you can purchase a top-notch heater with 40,000 BTUs, you may wish to go for a model like the AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater that is capable of an output of 46,000 BTUs. This type of unit is a better choice if you want the warmth to reach a greater distance or you simply enjoy being enveloped by a hotter temperature.
Second, review how easy the outdoor heater is to move from one location to another. This is important, as you’ll need to store the heater in a safe place in between uses. The FDW Outdoor Standing Patio Heater solves this dilemma by including a set of back wheels. All you need to do is slightly tilt the unit and you can effortlessly push it back and forth.
Third, consider the outdoor heater’s overall design. Are you looking for a tall model that stands alone or do you want a unit that can be mounted on your patio wall? Perhaps you’d like a heater that offers a little pop of color to your outdoor living space? Of course, there are also models like The Hiland Pyramid Patio Propane Heater that offer a unique shape in an attractive finish.
Finally, look for an outdoor heater that has a little something extra. For example, the hOmeLabs Premium Tabletop Gas Patio Heater has a removable table surrounding its center pole. Guests can use the table to hold everything from drinks to cell phones while socializing.
DWYM Fun Fact
Do you know that there are lots of published studies that reveal how important it is to spend time outdoors? Here are just a few results from some of those surveys:
- Exercise is actually easier when you go outside. This was discovered when the University of Essex studied a group of participants who exercised watching environments of different colors. The participants in the green group fared better than those in the red and gray groups.
- Spending time outside increases creativity. The “Journal of Experimental Psychology” published a research report that showed that creativity was increased when participants were walking versus when they remained seated.
- Going outside is a great way to reduce your stress levels. Results from a study in the journal “Landscape and Urban Planning” revealed that the participants with the lowest cortisol levels lived in areas surrounded by nature.
The Outdoor Heater Buying Guide
- Check whether any tools are required to assemble the outdoor heater you’re interested in. Some reviewers state that certain models are hard to assemble. You may want to recruit a friend to help or contact the company’s customer service number if you get stuck on any of the steps.
- If the base of your outdoor heater isn’t stable on windy days, you can add extra sand around the base to keep it steady.
- Most outdoor heaters are not suitable for indoor use or use in areas that are not well ventilated.
- Unless otherwise stated in the outdoor heater’s product care manual, do not leave your heater out in the rain.
- It’s a good idea to store your outdoor heater in a garage, shed or carport when not in use. If leaving the heater in an open carport, you may wish to also cover it with a tarp to protect it from flying debris and common pests.
- Design plays the biggest role in the overall cost of an outdoor heater. The FDW Outdoor Standing Patio Heater is more basic, and therefore, one of the most affordable models. Both, the hOmeLabs Premium Tabletop Gas Patio Heater and the AmazonBasics Commercial Outdoor Patio Heater are moderately priced. Thanks to its unique pyramid design and attractive bronze finish, the Hiland Pyramid Patio Propane Heater is able to command the highest price.