The Best Battery Powered Weed Wacker
We looked at the top 6 Battery Powered Weed Wacker and dug through the reviews from 9 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Battery Powered Weed Wacker.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Weed whackers, which use a monofilament (a twisted synthetic filament), line or string to trim weeds and grass, are an essential lawn care tool. There are many models to choose from — corded electric, cordless with battery packs and gas trimmers — but the battery-operated ones are often preferred over the others for several reasons.
Cordless, battery-operated weed whackers are less bulky, quieter and better for the environment (and the air you breathe) than gas-powered options. And they are easier to maneuver than electric weed whackers, which require access to an outlet and, often, extension cords, depending on where you need to use the trimmer. To use your battery-operated weed wacker, all you have to do is charge the battery pack (some include two) with an electrical outlet.
When shopping for a weed wacker, consider where you’ll be trimming and the types of foliage you’re working with. A straight-shaft trimmer, which enables more reach, is better for cutting underneath fences and bushes, while a more lightweight curved-shaft variation is often more limited to edging. And if you have thick grass or burly weeds, consider a weed wacker with a commercial-grade line, in case the standard line isn’t heavy-duty enough.
Our Picks For The Top Battery Powered Weed Wacker
- 1. BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V Easy Feed Battery Weed Wacker
- 2. WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12-Inch Batter Powered Weed Wacker
- 3. PowerSmart 2-In-1 10-Inch 20V Battery Powered Weed Wacker
- 4. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless & Batter Powered Weed Wacker
- 5. RYOBI 40V Battery Powered Weed Wacker
- 6. Earthwise LST02010 20V 10-Inch battery Powered Weed Wacker
LSTE525 20V Easy Feed Battery Weed Wacker
The string trimmer includes two 20-volt lithium-ion batteries and has multiple special features, including a power drive transmission that enables increased torque for improved cutting ability and a two-speed control that lets users choose between more power or extended runtime. The product weighs 6.3 pounds and has a cutting diameter of 12 inches.
Trimmer and EdgerThe tool is designed for trimming areas of overgrowth after mowing but is also capable of edging along borders, sidewalks and flower beds.
WG163 20V 12-Inch Battery Weed Wacker
The tool is a two-in-one edger and trimmer with a head that tilts 90 degrees so you tackle weeds in tight spaces and uneven terrain. An adjustable spacer guard protects plants, flowers and lawn furniture from accidental trimming, and the two included 20-volt batteries can also power other Worx tools. The product also has an instant line feeding sys...
Lightweight TrimmerThe weed wacker, which has a cutting diameter of 12 inches, weighs just 5.3 pounds for superior maneuverability.
2-In-1 10-Inch 20V Battery Weed Wacker
The 20-volt lawn tool converts from trimmer to edger in seconds and has an adjustable, ergonomic handle for comfortable cutting. The 7.5-pound product has a cutting diameter of 10 inches and an automatic feed spool. An hour of battery charging time yields over an hour of run time.
Customizable ToolThe trimmer-edger’s length can be altered from 37 to 47 inches, and the handle can be adjusted in eight different positions.
12-Inch 40V Battery Weed Wacker
The weed wacker is powered by a 40-volt battery and has an adjustable auxiliary handle for greater balance. The 9.2-pound tool has a cut path of 12 inches and a variable speed trigger for extra power when you need it.
Durable and StrongThe tool, which is great for yards up to a half-acre in size, has a 40-volt battery that offers up to 30 minutes of powerful run time.
Why we recommend these battery powered weed wacker?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 6 Battery Powered Weed Wacker and also dug through the reviews from 9 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Battery Powered Weed Wacker.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- The charge, run times and voltage of the battery are important features to pay attention to when choosing a weed whacker. Some require a charging time of up to 240 minutes, and run times range from 15 to 60 minutes per battery before a recharge is required. And generally, the higher the voltage of the battery, the more power it will have.
- The string on your weed whacker will eventually wear down and need to be replaced (you’ll be able to tell when it stops trimming foliage effectively). Some models work with a pre-strung spool while others might require users to manually add a new string to the spool. Check your user manual or the text printed on the trimmer head to find the specific size of string for your model. If you need assistance, there are many instructional videos available online.
- Battery-powered weed whackers typically weigh under 10 pounds, but some (often heavier-duty) options can be over 20 pounds.
- Weed whackers are also known as “string trimmers,” “weed eaters” and “whipper snippers,” and the terms are used interchangeably.
Battery Powered Weed Wacker Rankings
More to Explore
Lawn care enthusiast George Ballas, the owner of a large Houston dance studio, invented the weed whacker in 1971 by stringing fishing line through holes poked in a tin can and attaching the contraption to a rotary lawn edger. He gained the idea at the car wash, watching the bristles of soapy brushes wipe his vehicle clean.