BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V Easy Feed Battery Weed Wacker
Last updated date: November 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Battery Powered Weed Wacker and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Battery Powered Weed Wacker you should buy.
Editor's Note November 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Battery Powered Weed Wacker for a detailed review of all the top battery powered weed wacker.
The string trimmer includes two 20-volt lithium-ion batteries and has multiple special features, including a power drive transmission that enables increased torque for improved cutting ability and a two-speed control that lets users choose between more power or extended runtime. The product weighs 6.3 pounds and has a cutting diameter of 12 inches.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the BLACK+DECKER BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V Easy Feed Battery Weed Wacker placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The BLACK+DECKER LSTE525 20V MAX Lithium Easyfeed String Trimmer/Edger + 2 Lithium-Ion Batteries is part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System - Endless Tasks. Power for your Style. This tool is designed for trimming areas of overgrowth after mowing, as well as edging along borders, sidewalks, and flower beds. It features the Power Drive Transmission which increases torque for more cutting power at the string, and the 2-speed control lets you choose between more power or extended runtime. It easily converts from trimmer to wheeled edger. This unit features easyfeed which allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required. It has a premium micro texture soft grip that provides comfort and control while using the tool, with adjustable height and handle for ideal user comfort. Cutting swath of 12 inches; Line Size - 0.065 inches; RPM - 5,500/7,200; Replacement Spool - AF-100. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18. Includes: (1) LSTE525 20V MAX Cordless Trimmer/Edger, (2) LBXR20 20V MAX Lithium Batteries, (1) Charger, (1) AFS Spool, (1) Guard.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Battery Powered Weed Wacker
Weed whackers, which use a monofilament (a twisted synthetic filament), line or string to trim weeds and grass, is an essential lawn care tool. There are many models to choose from — corded electric, cordless with battery packs, and gas trimmers — but the battery-operated ones are often preferred over the others for several reasons.
Cordless, battery-operated weed whackers are less bulky, quieter and better for the environment (and the air you breathe) than gas-powered options. And they are easier to maneuver than electric weed whackers, which require access to an outlet and often extension cords, depending on where you need to use the trimmer. To use your battery-operated weed wacker, all you have to do is charge the battery pack (some include two) with an electrical outlet.
When shopping for a weed wacker, consider where you’ll be trimming and the types of foliage you’re working with. A straight-shaft trimmer, which enables more reach, is better for cutting underneath fences and bushes, while a more lightweight curved-shaft variation is often more limited to edging. And if you have thick grass or burly weeds, consider a weed wacker with a commercial-grade line, in case the standard line isn’t heavy-duty enough.
The Battery Powered Weed Wacker Buying Guide
- The charge and run times and the voltage of the battery are important features to pay attention to when choosing a weed whacker. Some require a charging time of up to 240 minutes, and run times range from 15 to 60 minutes per battery before a recharge is required. And generally, the higher the voltage of the battery, the more power it will have.
- The string on your weed whacker will eventually wear down and need to be replaced (you’ll be able to tell when it stops trimming foliage effectively). Some models work with a pre-strung spool while others might require users to manually add a new string to the spool. Check your user manual or the text printed on the trimmer head to find the specific size of string for your model. If you need assistance, there are many instructional videos available online.
- Battery-powered weed whackers typically weigh under 10 pounds, but some (often heavier-duty) options can be over 20 pounds.
- Weed whackers are also known as “string trimmers,” “weed eaters” and “whipper snippers,” and the terms are used interchangeably.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide