Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA 7 Series Ultra Slim Smart TV, 50-Inch
Last updated: June 5, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top 50-Inch TVs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 50-Inch TV you should buy.
Thanks to the 4K UHD processor, this 50-inch TV transforms your screen, so you experience the highest picture quality every time. The television's slim design means it fits in just about any space. It even comes with a stand in the event that you don't want to mount it to the wall.In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Samsung 7 Series Ultra Slim Smart TV, 50-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
See all your favorite entertainment as it was meant to be seen with the Samsung UN50RU7100FXZA Flat 50-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV. Featuring a powerful 4K UHD processor, this UHD Smart TV offers 4x the resolution (3, 840 x 2, 160) of Full HD 1080p HDTV. The 4K UHD processor instantly upscale content to 4K-level picture quality, even from non-native 4K sources, allowing you to enter the world of 4K with every show, season, and scene. Adding to the level of realism, the TV includes HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Proctor to reveal millions of shades of color with a vibrant, lifelike picture that HDTV can’t create. UHD Dimming dynamically fine tunes the deepness of the blacks to the brightness of the whites for a picture with sensational contrast. The slim design of the Samsung RU7100 naturally fills in the contours of your space with a refined, modern aesthetic that complements your lifestyle. The Samsung 7 Series UHD TV includes smart features such as One Remote, on-screen universal guide, smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and more. BLUETOOTH CAPABILITY only supports audio profiles such as Ear Buds, Headphones, and Soundbars, but does not support Human Interface Devices such as a keyboards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
50-Inch TV Rankings
By some estimates, the average adult American spends a total of 4.5 hours watching television on a daily basis. This makes sense, since many individuals tune in to check the weather in the morning, get a news update in the afternoon and unwind with their favorite program at the end of a long day. Since you’re sure to make good use of your TV, it’s a good idea to invest in a quality 50-inch TV.
Decide whether you’re interested in purchase a traditional television or a smart TV. Some models, although not a smart TV, have a host of attractive features that are designed to enhance your viewing experience. For example, they may be able to take a High Definition program and vividly enhance it to a 4K resolution that is absolutely stunning. They may also comes with motion estimation and motion compensation that enhance the picture quality of action-packed shows, movies and sporting events.
If it’s a smart TV you’re interested in, you’ll want a model that is easy-to-use and set up. The TCL 4K Smart LED Roku TV, 50-Inch fits this bill, as it has a simple interface that even technologically-challenged individuals will be able to navigate. The unit is sleek and modern in design. Users will appreciate the included mobile app, which allows viewers to use their smartphone as a TV remote.
Check the 50-inch smart TV to see what it is compatible with. For example, the Samsung 7 Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50-Inch works with both Alexa and Google Assistant. This allows you to use the television hands-free, which is handy if you’re enjoying a meal and you want to change the channel or you don’t want to get up to fetch the remote to search for your favorite program.
If space is an issue, you’ll want to go with a 50-inch TV that has a slim design. This type of smart TV can be mounted on a wall, but it’s also thin, measuring just over 10 inches with the attached stand. That means you can set it on any tabletop, entertainment center or shelf.
- Just like every other device in your home, your 50-inch TV will benefit from the occasional cleaning. When you’re ready to begin this task, turn the television off and unplug it from the outlet. Grab a microfiber cloth and use it to wipe down the screen. Should the screen be a bit dirtier than you expected, you can dampen the cloth with a bit of distilled water or spray the cloth with a cleaner made specifically for flatscreen televisions. Once the screen is clean, you can spray a new lint-free cloth with an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down the sides and back of the television.
- You’ll need to take extra care when cleaning a television screen that has been coated with an anti-glare material, as these screens are more sensitive.
- Never spray water or a cleaner directly on your TV screen. You risk getting some of the liquid inside the television, which can lead to permanent damage.
- Carefully consider where you’d like to place your 50-inch TV, as the sun can cause an annoying glare on the television screen. If you can’t position the TV away from the path of the sun, you may want to invest in a set of blackout curtains.
- Operating instructions for your 50-inch TV can be found online if you misplace them. Additionally, you can search sites like YouTube for helpful videos on how to set up the exact model television you decide to go with. Many individuals are visual learners and these videos provide step-by-step setup instructions that you can follow with ease.
- If your 50-inch TV comes with a remote control, you’ll need to check whether a set of batteries is included or not. Some models provide starter batteries, while others don’t.
- Some smart TVs allow you to buy an HD antenna, which can be connected to the television for watching live shows and sports programs.
- If the television you’re interested in isn’t a smart TV, you can actually turn it into one by purchasing a Roku 4K streaming stick. The stick is extremely affordable and comes with buttons for popular platforms, like Hulu and Netflix.
- Since the price for a 50-inch TV varies greatly based on design and extra features, you’ll want to consider it as just one of the factors in your overall decision. The TCL 4K Smart LED Roku TV, 50-Inch is among the most affordable models on the market. If you have it in your budget to pay a bit more, you’ll find the Samsung 7 Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50-Inch is an excellent choice.