Hisense 50R7E Dual Band Smart LED TV, 50-Inch
Last updated: June 5, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top 50-Inch TVs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 50-Inch TV you should buy.
This 50-inch TV has a lower estimated energy cost than similar models on the market, saving you money year after year. It features a slim design and comes with feet for setting on a TV stand or entertainment center. The television itself offers brilliant picture clarity, crisp audio and several HDMI, RCA and USB inputs.In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Hisense Dual Band Smart LED TV, 50-Inch placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A better TV. A better value. The R7E series 4k UHD smart Hisense Roku TV is perfect for presenting your favorite entertainment in a completely new way. With a 4k ultra high definition picture, HDR-compatible technology that boosts color and contrast, and motion rate 120 technology that makes it easier to follow fast action, the r7 doesn’t just display your favorite movies, shows and games—it transforms them. The power consumption is 450 watts while in standby mode it is less than 0.5 watts. With over 8 million pixels, 4K UHD offers a clearer, more defined picture when compared to Full HD. HDR-compatible technology boosts the contrast of images while delivering details with vivid colors. DTS Studio Sound™ creates virtual surround sound for a crisp and immersive audio experience. Great for cable, satellite, streaming, or watching free TV with an HDTV antenna. Don’t struggle to keep your eye on the ball—enjoy fast-paced sports, movies and gaming without lag. Turn your iOS or Android device into the ultimate streaming companion. Search with your keyboard, use voice search, enjoy private listening with up to three friends, cast to your TV, and more. Includes simple buttons to control your TV, plus one-touch access to popular channels like Netflix.
50-Inch TV Rankings
By some estimates, the average adult American spends a total of 4.5 hours watching television on a daily basis. This makes sense, since many individuals tune in to check the weather in the morning, get a news update in the afternoon and unwind with their favorite program at the end of a long day. Since you’re sure to make good use of your TV, it’s a good idea to invest in a quality 50-inch TV.
Decide whether you’re interested in purchase a traditional television or a smart TV. Some models, although not a smart TV, have a host of attractive features that are designed to enhance your viewing experience. For example, they may be able to take a High Definition program and vividly enhance it to a 4K resolution that is absolutely stunning. They may also comes with motion estimation and motion compensation that enhance the picture quality of action-packed shows, movies and sporting events.
If it’s a smart TV you’re interested in, you’ll want a model that is easy-to-use and set up. The TCL 4K Smart LED Roku TV, 50-Inch fits this bill, as it has a simple interface that even technologically-challenged individuals will be able to navigate. The unit is sleek and modern in design. Users will appreciate the included mobile app, which allows viewers to use their smartphone as a TV remote.
Check the 50-inch smart TV to see what it is compatible with. For example, the Samsung 7 Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50-Inch works with both Alexa and Google Assistant. This allows you to use the television hands-free, which is handy if you’re enjoying a meal and you want to change the channel or you don’t want to get up to fetch the remote to search for your favorite program.
If space is an issue, you’ll want to go with a 50-inch TV that has a slim design. This type of smart TV can be mounted on a wall, but it’s also thin, measuring just over 10 inches with the attached stand. That means you can set it on any tabletop, entertainment center or shelf.
- Just like every other device in your home, your 50-inch TV will benefit from the occasional cleaning. When you’re ready to begin this task, turn the television off and unplug it from the outlet. Grab a microfiber cloth and use it to wipe down the screen. Should the screen be a bit dirtier than you expected, you can dampen the cloth with a bit of distilled water or spray the cloth with a cleaner made specifically for flatscreen televisions. Once the screen is clean, you can spray a new lint-free cloth with an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down the sides and back of the television.
- You’ll need to take extra care when cleaning a television screen that has been coated with an anti-glare material, as these screens are more sensitive.
- Never spray water or a cleaner directly on your TV screen. You risk getting some of the liquid inside the television, which can lead to permanent damage.
- Carefully consider where you’d like to place your 50-inch TV, as the sun can cause an annoying glare on the television screen. If you can’t position the TV away from the path of the sun, you may want to invest in a set of blackout curtains.
- Operating instructions for your 50-inch TV can be found online if you misplace them. Additionally, you can search sites like YouTube for helpful videos on how to set up the exact model television you decide to go with. Many individuals are visual learners and these videos provide step-by-step setup instructions that you can follow with ease.
- If your 50-inch TV comes with a remote control, you’ll need to check whether a set of batteries is included or not. Some models provide starter batteries, while others don’t.
- Some smart TVs allow you to buy an HD antenna, which can be connected to the television for watching live shows and sports programs.
- If the television you’re interested in isn’t a smart TV, you can actually turn it into one by purchasing a Roku 4K streaming stick. The stick is extremely affordable and comes with buttons for popular platforms, like Hulu and Netflix.
- Since the price for a 50-inch TV varies greatly based on design and extra features, you’ll want to consider it as just one of the factors in your overall decision. The TCL 4K Smart LED Roku TV, 50-Inch is among the most affordable models on the market. If you have it in your budget to pay a bit more, you’ll find the Samsung 7 Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50-Inch is an excellent choice.