Mr Captain Vintage Oak Water Rowing Machine
Last updated date: January 6, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Rowing Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Rowing Machine you should buy.
Update as January 31, 2022:
Checkout Take On A New Challenge With The Best Rowing Machine for a detailed review of all the top rowing machines.
The Mr. Captain rowing machine is a piece of exercise equipment that allows you to perform rowing motions against the resistance of actual water.
While you sit on a seat that is able to glide back and forth along a rail, you will have your feet strapped down to the front of the machine with adjustable footrests. Holding a padded handle, you push your body back as you pull the handle in a rowing motion.
The act of rowing for exercise is a great cardiovascular workout that also encourages the engagement of many muscle groups.
A good rowing workout will fire your biceps, gluteus maximus, abdominal muscles and quadriceps. Additionally, you will find the workout to be intense in a sense that it burns a lot of calories in a limited amount of time, making it highly efficient if your goal is burning calories for a workout.
The seat on the Mr. Captain rowing machine is padded so as to keep you comfortable while you move through the motions. The ergonomically-designed handles are also a thoughtful part of this machine as they lessen the impact of unwanted pressure points on your hands.
The resistance that you pull against comes from actual water. This gives you the sensation of actual rowing as you hear the water moving during your motions. Inside the tank of water is a moving apparatus that you are attempting to spin while the water itself is slowing it down and making it harder for you.
An oak finish gives the Mr. Captain rowing machine a natural look to go along with the theme of actually working out in an old boat of sorts. It does give an elegant and earthy appearance to the rowing machine.
A built-in Bluetooth monitor on the rowing machine lets you use your smartphone or tablet to track your workouts. This is a great way to see how you are improving over time, whether in endurance or strength.
When it’s time to end your workout, the Mr. Captain rowing machine stands up for minimal storage needs. It stands 88-inches tall and is 20-inches wide, so it can be stashed in a corner or a closet to not consume too much space.
To really complete the package, there is an included cover that you can place over it to protect it from the elements if you choose to keep it outside.Thanks to the included rowing machine cover, you'll be able to keep this unit on a covered porch or back deck. The machine itself is made from solid oak and has a unique vintage look. It's able to provide a full-body workout and even comes equipped with a customizable Bluetooth monitor.
- Weighs 58.5 pounds
- Stands 88-inches tall
- 22-inches wide
- Water is used for resistance
- Included cover for outdoor storage
- Bluetooth enabled to use with an app that lets you track your workouts
- Three workout types: Manual, Interval Custom, Target
- Oak finish
- Clearwater tank to see inside
- Wheels for easy maneuvering and vertical storage
- Maximum user weight is 320 pounds
In our analysis of 46 expert reviews, the Mr Captain Vintage Oak Water Rowing Machine placed 2nd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Mr Captain Vintage Oak Rowing Machine,Water resistance bring you a feeling of real-life outdoor rowing experience. The Customizable Bluetooth Monitor help you managing your time and accomplish your exercise goal easier.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Rowing Machines
If you’re looking for a great way to get in a full-body workout without having to leave the house, a rowing machine is your answer. This device offers a host of benefits, including the ability to burn calories while being easy on the joints. The actual act of rowing is also quite calming, which can help reduce stress. As you search for the best rowing machine, you’ll want to take a look at the machine’s construction, ability to control the amount of resistance and any extra features that improve the unit’s functionality.
Start off by examining exactly where you’re going to set up the rowing machine. Some models are bigger than others and you want to make sure the rower you select will fit in your available space. If you don’t have a lot of space, you can always go with a machine that folds when not in use. Make sure that the machine also has back wheels to make moving the rower easier.
Continue to review the construction of the rowing machine by checking its weight capacity. There are models that can only handle 250 pounds, as well as rowers that have a 500-pound weight capacity.
Determine how many levels of resistance the machine offers. The Sunny Health SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine has a dial that allows you to quickly switch between eight different levels of magnetic resistance. While eight levels are plenty for most, there are rowers that have as many as 16 levels of resistance.
Check how comfortable the rowing machine is to use. If you don’t feel good when you use it, you probably won’t keep up with your workouts. Look for a padded ergonomic seat, foam handlebars that are slip-resistant and a set of adjustable footrests. If you need, there are even models with extra-wide seats and thick handlebars.
Look at the technical capabilities of the rowing machine next. For example, some rowing machines not only have an LCD digital display for immediate feedback, but they also utilize Bluetooth technology to connect to the complimentary My Cloud Fitness app. This app is available for both iOS and Android devices and aids in keeping track of your workouts.
Consider any extra benefits the rowing machine may have to offer. Some models are equipped with extra-long side rails, while others are made for additional exercises beyond just rowing. For example, one model uses an aluminum flywheel and slide rail and no-touch magnetic resistance to keep it running quietly. That means you’ll be able to workout early in the morning or late at night without disrupting sleeping family members.
The Rowing Machine Buying Guide
- Perform a weekly check on your rowing machine. Check that the screws and nuts haven’t come loose. If they have, take the time to tighten them. Use a lubricant on the screws and chains, so that they aren’t rubbing against each other and shaving off any metal.
- Once per year, it’s a good idea to take the rowing machine apart to adjust and lubricate its inner parts. You should have received a product care manual with your purchase that can take you through this process one step at a time. If you didn’t and you don’t consider yourself handy, you can schedule an appointment with a mechanic and have them perform the necessary maintenance for you.
- Cleaning and disinfecting your rowing machine regularly is extremely important. Choose an all-purpose cleaner with germ-fighting capabilities and use that and a lint-free cloth to wipe down the surface of the rower. The handlebars, padded seat and footrests are especially important, as these spots are the most likely to come in contact with your sweat and the dirt from your shoes. If you prefer to wipe down the machine with a moist cloth, you’ll need to spray the machine down with a disinfectant afterward. Let your rower dry completely before you resume using it for your workouts.
- Store your rowing machine in a cool, dry location when not in use. Hot areas with extra moisture could cause the metal parts of the machine to rust.
- Always check with your family physician before you begin any new workout routine, even one on a rowing machine. This is especially important if you have any pre-existing health conditions or are currently pregnant.
- Set fitness goals for yourself before using the rowing machine for the first time. Start off slow, as you can always increase your goals later on. You can list how long you want to spend on the machine per day, how many calories you want to burn or how many strokes you want to achieve. Simply taking the time to put these goals on paper will help you achieve them.
- No matter what your budget, you’re sure to find a rowing machine that can help you reach your fitness goals. The Sunny Health SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine is one of the most affordable models. If you’re looking for a rowing machine with all the bells and whistles, you may not mind spending extra for the Mr Captain Vintage Oak Water Rowing Machine, which has the highest price tag of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide