Instant Pot Duo Nova, 8-Quart
Last updated date: August 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Instant Pots Nova and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Instant Pot Nova you should buy.
Editor's Note August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Instant Pot Nova for a detailed review of all the top instant pots nova.
Feed a big family or have leftovers with this 8-quart size. This model includes over 10 safety features so you can set it without worrying. Plus, cleanup is easy as the cooking pot can go in the dishwasher.
In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the Instant Pot Instant Pot Duo Nova, 8-Quart placed 3rd when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Instant Pot Duo Nova is the updated Duo. Duo Nova upgrades include the EasySeal Lid to automatically seal when pressure cooking and a cooking progress indicator, so you know when cooking begins. Plus, Duo Nova includes a bonus sealing ring. The Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1, One-Touch multi-tasking, space-saving, time-saving appliance that pressure cooks, Sautes, steams, slow cooks, warms, and makes delicious meats, eggs, rice, soup, yogurt and more — all in one healthy, dishwasher safe, stainless steel pot. With 12 Smart Programs — ranging from meats, soup, stew, beans, chili, poultry, rice and yogurt, to multigrain, porridge and slow cook — it puts cooking on autopilot. The Poultry Smart Program cooks moist and tender chicken, turkey and other poultry, even from frozen. The Bean/Chili Program takes dried, unsoaked beans to flavorful cooked beans in no time. The Meat/Stew Smart Program cooks beef and pork anywhere from rare to fall-off-the-bone. Three customizable temperature settings across each Smart Program let you program your Duo Nova to your preferences. For example, with the Saute function, you can set to simmer, sear or thicken pressure cook your dish to completion — all in one easy-to-clean pot. Make your favorite slow cooker recipes in your Instant Pot. With the Slow Cook function with three settings (low, medium and high heat), you no longer need an extra slow cooker. Easy-to-use controls and new easy-to-read icons that indicate cooking progress make selecting Smart Programs and making adjustments simple — even during cooking. The Duo Nova is equipped with dual-pressure settings, giving you the option to cook at Low or High pressure. High pressure can reduce the cooking time by 2 to 6 times, while Low pressure prevents delicate foods from overcooking. It also has both automatic and manual Keep Warm programming to ensure that dishes are kept at ready-to-eat temperatures. A free Instant Pot app is available on iOS and Android mobiles, loaded with hundreds of easy recipes for almost all cuisines with plenty of great ideas to start your culinary venture.
An Overview On Instant Pots Nova
Instant Pots are currently all the rage in the world of home cooking. However, there are many models to choose from, each with a number of unique features, and each model also comes in multiple sizes, so it can be hard to know which model to pick.
These multi-cooking machines are a great way to downsize if you have several different appliances crowding your kitchen. For most people, the Instant Pot can easily replace the pressure cooker and slow cooker because it can do both those jobs. It’s also excellent for other things, like steaming, roasting and sautéing.
There are several different Instant Pot models available. One of the most popular is the Instant Pot Duo Nova. This model is ideal for beginners because it’s simple to use, especially if you’re new to the world of Instant Pots. The Duo Nova model combines seven different appliance functions: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer and yogurt maker.
Plus, it has an easy-seal lid and an LED display panel. It also has a cooking progress indicator so you have an idea of when your meal will be ready. One of the main reasons this model is best for beginners is because it has so many safety features. You can just turn on the setting you need and go about your other tasks — without having to constantly check on it or fiddle with it. Plus, cleanup is a breeze because the cooking pot is dishwasher-safe and highly durable.
The Duo Nova is powered by a highly intelligent microprocessor. It constantly monitors the temperature, time and heat, while making adjustments during the cooking process. This way, your meals are cooked about 70% faster than other methods.
The Instant Pot Nova Buying Guide
- One of the most difficult things to decide when buying an Instant Pot Duo Nova is which size you’ll need for your family. The model comes in 3-, 6-, 8- and 10-quart sizes. The 6-quart size is the most popular one and many recipes are written for this Instant Pot size as well. This size is big enough to make a meal for around 3-6 people. If you’re only cooking for 1-2 people, then opt for the smaller 3-quart size. If, on the other hand, you have a big family, love leftovers or enjoy entertaining, then going with the 8- or 10-quart size is a good idea. This way, you’ll have plenty of room for yummy meals that could last for days.
- Keep in mind that the Instant Pot Duo Nova 3-quart size doesn’t have the poultry or multigrain smart programs, while the other sizes do. The rest of the features on all of the sizes are the same.
- The way an Instant Pot works is through the magic of a high-pressure wet environment. Steam management is key when it comes to the safety and efficacy of pressure cookers like Instant Pots. The technology in the Duo Nova has sensors and safety features, so that it can monitor when to keep the lid tightly sealed to keep the steam inside, and when to safely release the steam — slowly — after the meal has finished cooking.
- The Instant Pot Duo Nova gives you the option of releasing the steam manually or naturally. If you have some time, you can let the gadget release steam over the course of a few minutes. If you need to take a look at the food right way, you can opt for the quick release button which lets out the pressure and steam right away in a safe manner.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide