Classic Brands Mercer Pillow Top Cool Gel Twin Hybrid Mattress
Last updated date: September 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twin Hybrid Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twin Hybrid Mattress you should buy.
Editor's Note September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Twin Hybrid Mattress for a detailed review of all the top twin hybrid mattresses.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Classic Brands Classic Brands Mercer Pillow Top Cool Gel Twin Hybrid Mattress placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Classic Brands Mercer Pillow-Top Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring 12-Inch Mattress combines the superior support of a wrapped coil innerspring system with the conforming response of gel-infused memory foam for a more comfortable, deeper, night's sleep. Covered with a beautifully detailed quilted pillow-top knit cover, corded edges, and coordinating knit side panels for breathability, this quality mattress is an excellent value and will last for years to come. The 12-inch profile Mercer Hybrid Gel Memory Foam Innerspring Mattress combines the support of a wrapped steel coil innersprings with the conforming response of gel memory foam. Starting with a 0.5- inch top layer of gel infused memory foam that disperses body heat and creates a cooler sleeping surface while retaining the pressure-relieving properties of traditional memory foam. A second layer of 0.25-inch comfort foam and a third layer of 0.25-inch comfort foam and a fourth later of 0.5-inch comfort foam works with the support layer providing you with the ultimate sleeping experience. An additional layer of 0.75 inch of comfort foam works with the 8-inch support layer of individually wrapped coils, which are in their encased in separate pockets, so they can contour precisely to your body. Individually wrapped coil innersprings move independently and reduce the sensation of movement on a bed providing contouring comfort and support for an undisturbed night sleep. Benefits of Gel Memory Foam: Gel memory foam is more porous or open than conventional foam, meaning the cells are interconnected unlike closed cell foam; thereby it is more breathable and comfortable than higher density visco-elastic foam. Gel foam helps regulate temperature throughout the mattress. A gel memory foam mattress can support each part of the body evenly and individually. Gel Memory foam slowly and automatically adjusts to your body weight and temperature. In addition to the slow, conforming response, gel memory foam offers complete, luxurious and stress- free support. This can allow the spine to stay in a neutral position. Should you move during the night, your partner is never disturbed due to the lack of reciprocal movement between sleeping partners. Additionally, when you do move in bed, memory foam gently 'fills in' and reshapes itself to your new sleeping posture. Individually Wrapped Coil Support Base: The support base in our hybrid mattresses consists of innerspring individual coils wrapped in a fabric designed to minimize friction and maximize support. The 13-gaugge steel coils tend to provide consistent distribution of support throughout the mattress and lessens motion transfer for sleep partners. An additional layer of 0.75 inch of comfort foam works with the 8-inch support layer of individually wrapped coils, which are encased in separate pockets, so they can contour precisely to your body. Individually wrapped coil innersprings move independently and reduce the sensation of movement on a bed, providing contouring comfort and support for an undisturbed night's sleep. CertiPUR-US Certified: The foam in the Mercer Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring 12-Inch Mattress is CertiPUR-US certified. The CertiPUR-US program is a voluntary testing, analysis, and certification program for flexible polyurethane foam used as a cushioning material in home furnishings such as adult mattresses, crib mattresses, upholstered furniture and some accessory comfort products. Certified flexible polyurethane foams have been independently laboratory tested. Get it Right the First Time: It is also a good idea to know the size and the height of your mattress ahead of time to make sure you are ordering the correct size. Keep in mind that you should combine the height of your bed frame, foundation, or adjustable bed base with the height of your mattress to get a gauge of the how tall your sleep system will be.Classic Brands Smart Packaging: Smart packaging reduces the carbon footprint in the manufacturers shipping process. Our advanced packaging technology means we can roll-pack our mattresses and ship them at one-third of the normal size. Because of this process, we can ship more mattresses per delivery and reduce the amount of carbon emissions. A mattress that is roll-packed still retains its initial quality, as each will quickly recover and return to its original shape after being removed out of packaging. Quality Assurance:Classic Brands Mercer Pillow-Top Cool Gel Memory Foam and Innerspring 12-Inch Mattress is backed with a 10-year worry-free warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twin Hybrid Mattresses
If you’re looking for a twin mattress that can offer a combination of support and bounce, a hybrid mattress can provide a good balance for comfortable sleeping. Unlike regular spring or foam mattresses, hybrid mattresses usually feature several layers of foam on top of innersprings, which are often individually wrapped. The result gives you more of a luxury level of comfort.
The composition of hybrid mattresses means that you usually get a plusher top cover followed by several foam layers that offer customized pressure support and breathability. Some hybrid options come with a cooling gel layer that will keep sleepers dry and cool on hot nights. The last layers include the springs and a base layer of foam.
When shopping for a twin hybrid mattress, you’ll usually see they come in a variety of thicknesses, often from 8 to 13 inches. Generally, you can expect the thickest hybrid mattresses to offer the most softness as they contain more comfort layers, while thin mattresses with a low profile offer a firmer feel. However, you’ll want to check the diagram of the layers to see the exact makeup.
Overall, you can find these mattresses in plush, medium and medium-firm options. You’ll want to consider your body’s support needs and sleeping position in choosing the right option. For example, you may prefer a medium-firm option if you need a lot of back support, while side sleepers may like the plush option.
Some makers of hybrid mattresses offer features like hypoallergenic materials to avoid the foam smell that can impact some sensitive sleepers. Others infuse the mattresses with things like aloe or charcoal to help get rid of any odors from the materials.
Many hybrid twin mattresses you buy online come conveniently in a rolled bag or a box for easy shipping and moving around your house. You can simply open it up in your bedroom, place the mattress on your bed and watch it expand to its full size before your eyes.
The Twin Hybrid Mattress Buying Guide
- If you purchase a hybrid bed in a box, give yourself plenty of space to remove the mattress as it will take up much more room than the packaging may portray. Usually, you’ll keep the mattress in the plastic cover until you place it on your bed’s frame or base. You’ll then cut open the plastic and allow the mattress to expand. Check your manufacturer’s instructions in case they use any special packaging or have warnings.
- Don’t worry if your hybrid twin mattress seems too flat once you have it set up on your bed. While the foam layers start to expand quickly, it can take up to 24 hours to reach the full size. So, you may consider sleeping elsewhere until your bed is fully ready.
- Keep in mind that hybrid mattresses of the same thickness can have very different compositions. For example, one 8-inch mattress might just have a couple very thin foam layers followed by the innersprings, while another may feature more foam layers with a plusher feel. So, it helps to research a few options and compare the diagrams shown on the product listings for the right fit.
- If you get sweaty when you sleep, aim for a twin hybrid mattress with cooling gel or breathable top layers. You’ll also want to pay attention to the cover since some offer moisture-wicking features with mesh. You can also find latex hybrid mattresses that can offer a cooler sleeping experience.
- Some manufacturers let customers try out the mattress for a while to make sure it feels comfortable. So, if you feel unsure about a specific mattress, find out if the product offers this helpful option.
- If you want to keep your hybrid mattress for a long time, know that a thicker one can be more durable.
- Rather than using a box spring to support your hybrid mattress, a foundation base tends to work better, and you may be able to use the mattress directly on the floor if necessary. However, you’ll always want to follow the instructions the manufacturer provides.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide