Linenspa Medium Firm Twin Hybrid Mattress
Last updated date: September 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twin Hybrid Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twin Hybrid Mattress you should buy.
Whether you want a slim mattress for an extra room or a plush option, you can choose between 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch profiles for your desired firmness. All options are hypoallergenic and come conveniently packaged in a box. In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Linenspa Linenspa Medium Firm Twin Hybrid Mattress placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Twin Hybrid Mattress for a detailed review of all the top twin hybrid mattresses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Add the pressure point relief of memory foam to the reliable support of a traditional spring mattress, and you have the revolutionary comfort of the hybrid mattress. A layer of memory foam is quilted in the soft, knit cover and placed over a 1.5 inch layer of comfort foam to create an incredibly comfortable sleep surface. The foam conforms to the unique curves of your body to minimize pressure points. Beneath the foam top, 6 inch steel coils offer the support and durability of a spring mattress. This design distributes body weight to contour and support as you sleep. The spring layer provides the traditional bounce many like in an innerspring mattress, and improves the breathability of the mattress. This mattress is rolled and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup. Simply take the box to the proper room, Carefully remove packaging, and watch as the mattress expands to its true size. This mattress comes with a 10 year U.S. warranty that guards against manufacturer defect.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twin Hybrid Mattresses
If you’re looking for a twin mattress that can offer a combination of support and bounce, a hybrid mattress can provide a good balance for comfortable sleeping. Unlike regular spring or foam mattresses, hybrid mattresses usually feature several layers of foam on top of innersprings, which are often individually wrapped. The result gives you more of a luxury level of comfort.
The composition of hybrid mattresses means that you usually get a plusher top cover followed by several foam layers that offer customized pressure support and breathability. Some hybrid options come with a cooling gel layer that will keep sleepers dry and cool on hot nights. The last layers include the springs and a base layer of foam.
When shopping for a twin hybrid mattress, you’ll usually see they come in a variety of thicknesses, often from 8 to 13 inches. Generally, you can expect the thickest hybrid mattresses to offer the most softness as they contain more comfort layers, while thin mattresses with a low profile offer a firmer feel. However, you’ll want to check the diagram of the layers to see the exact makeup.
Overall, you can find these mattresses in plush, medium and medium-firm options. You’ll want to consider your body’s support needs and sleeping position in choosing the right option. For example, you may prefer a medium-firm option if you need a lot of back support, while side sleepers may like the plush option.
Some makers of hybrid mattresses offer features like hypoallergenic materials to avoid the foam smell that can impact some sensitive sleepers. Others infuse the mattresses with things like aloe or charcoal to help get rid of any odors from the materials.
Many hybrid twin mattresses you buy online come conveniently in a rolled bag or a box for easy shipping and moving around your house. You can simply open it up in your bedroom, place the mattress on your bed and watch it expand to its full size before your eyes.
DWYM Fun Fact
Rather than on a comfy mattress, people originally slept right on the ground. Around 77,000 years ago, people used various plants such as grasses and leaves to make a very thin mattress-like formation in their shelters. It was 3,000 to 5,000 years ago that people in Egypt started making raised beds with materials like linens and wood for a mattress. Later, people would make mattresses stuffed with things like wool and hay until the first innerspring mattresses came out in the late 1800s.
Thanks to the work of NASA, memory foam mattresses came out near the end of the 20th century and quickly found a use in hospitals. It wasn’t until 2008 that people would see hybrid mattresses available to consumers.
The Twin Hybrid Mattress Buying Guide
- If you purchase a hybrid bed in a box, give yourself plenty of space to remove the mattress as it will take up much more room than the packaging may portray. Usually, you’ll keep the mattress in the plastic cover until you place it on your bed’s frame or base. You’ll then cut open the plastic and allow the mattress to expand. Check your manufacturer’s instructions in case they use any special packaging or have warnings.
- Don’t worry if your hybrid twin mattress seems too flat once you have it set up on your bed. While the foam layers start to expand quickly, it can take up to 24 hours to reach the full size. So, you may consider sleeping elsewhere until your bed is fully ready.
- Keep in mind that hybrid mattresses of the same thickness can have very different compositions. For example, one 8-inch mattress might just have a couple very thin foam layers followed by the innersprings, while another may feature more foam layers with a plusher feel. So, it helps to research a few options and compare the diagrams shown on the product listings for the right fit.
- If you get sweaty when you sleep, aim for a twin hybrid mattress with cooling gel or breathable top layers. You’ll also want to pay attention to the cover since some offer moisture-wicking features with mesh. You can also find latex hybrid mattresses that can offer a cooler sleeping experience.
- Some manufacturers let customers try out the mattress for a while to make sure it feels comfortable. So, if you feel unsure about a specific mattress, find out if the product offers this helpful option.
- If you want to keep your hybrid mattress for a long time, know that a thicker one can be more durable.
- Rather than using a box spring to support your hybrid mattress, a foundation base tends to work better, and you may be able to use the mattress directly on the floor if necessary. However, you’ll always want to follow the instructions the manufacturer provides.