Ashley Signature Design Chime Express Twin Hybrid Mattress
Last updated date: September 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Twin Hybrid Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Twin Hybrid Mattress you should buy.
Editor's Note September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Twin Hybrid Mattress for a detailed review of all the top twin hybrid mattresses.
This hypoallergenic mattress comes in 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch profiles and uses gel memory foam for support and cooling properties. The top is made of quilt foam for a plush feel.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Ashley Signature Ashley Signature Chime Express Twin Hybrid Mattress placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Why worry when you can chime? With the Sierra Sleep Chime innerspring twin mattress, you have endless possibilities for restful sleep. Feel the support of a truly traditional coil mattress which contours to your body for a comforting feel. High density foam provides the firmness you love. Gel memory foam provides restorative support for your lower back. Hypoallergenic material is ideal for sufferers of allergies for ultimate undisturbed sleep–not to mention peace of mind. Plus, this mattress arrives in a box for quick and easy setup. Simply bring it to your room, remove the plastic wrap, and unroll. You’ll be amazed at how it fully expands within minutes. Foundation/box spring available, sold separately. Fabric: Body: Acrylic (11 %) Filament Poly (11 %) Para Aramid Fiber (5 %) Polyester (20 %) Viscose (53 %) Care Instructions: Product Care|Mattresses:|Rest easy with the fact that your Ashley-Sleep mattress doesn’t require much care and maintenance. For starters all Ashley-Sleep mattresses are designed to be no flip—now isn’t that a relief! How to care for your mattress: To help keep your Ashley-Sleep mattress clean a thin mattress protector is recommended so it breathes to allow airflow and heat dissipation. Ashley-Sleep does not recommend you use a quilted mattress pad as it will change the feel of the mattress you selected at the store. It may also trap heat that needs to escape. Don’t use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals could damage some of the comfort and upholstery materials. Vacuuming is the only recommended cleaning method. If you must clean a stain use mild soap with cold water and apply lightly allowing the mattress time to fully air dry. Please remind the kids not to jump on their Ashley-Sleep mattress as doing so can break down the inner construction and materials.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Twin Hybrid Mattresses
If you’re looking for a twin mattress that can offer a combination of support and bounce, a hybrid mattress can provide a good balance for comfortable sleeping. Unlike regular spring or foam mattresses, hybrid mattresses usually feature several layers of foam on top of innersprings, which are often individually wrapped. The result gives you more of a luxury level of comfort.
The composition of hybrid mattresses means that you usually get a plusher top cover followed by several foam layers that offer customized pressure support and breathability. Some hybrid options come with a cooling gel layer that will keep sleepers dry and cool on hot nights. The last layers include the springs and a base layer of foam.
When shopping for a twin hybrid mattress, you’ll usually see they come in a variety of thicknesses, often from 8 to 13 inches. Generally, you can expect the thickest hybrid mattresses to offer the most softness as they contain more comfort layers, while thin mattresses with a low profile offer a firmer feel. However, you’ll want to check the diagram of the layers to see the exact makeup.
Overall, you can find these mattresses in plush, medium and medium-firm options. You’ll want to consider your body’s support needs and sleeping position in choosing the right option. For example, you may prefer a medium-firm option if you need a lot of back support, while side sleepers may like the plush option.
Some makers of hybrid mattresses offer features like hypoallergenic materials to avoid the foam smell that can impact some sensitive sleepers. Others infuse the mattresses with things like aloe or charcoal to help get rid of any odors from the materials.
Many hybrid twin mattresses you buy online come conveniently in a rolled bag or a box for easy shipping and moving around your house. You can simply open it up in your bedroom, place the mattress on your bed and watch it expand to its full size before your eyes.
The Twin Hybrid Mattress Buying Guide
- If you purchase a hybrid bed in a box, give yourself plenty of space to remove the mattress as it will take up much more room than the packaging may portray. Usually, you’ll keep the mattress in the plastic cover until you place it on your bed’s frame or base. You’ll then cut open the plastic and allow the mattress to expand. Check your manufacturer’s instructions in case they use any special packaging or have warnings.
- Don’t worry if your hybrid twin mattress seems too flat once you have it set up on your bed. While the foam layers start to expand quickly, it can take up to 24 hours to reach the full size. So, you may consider sleeping elsewhere until your bed is fully ready.
- Keep in mind that hybrid mattresses of the same thickness can have very different compositions. For example, one 8-inch mattress might just have a couple very thin foam layers followed by the innersprings, while another may feature more foam layers with a plusher feel. So, it helps to research a few options and compare the diagrams shown on the product listings for the right fit.
- If you get sweaty when you sleep, aim for a twin hybrid mattress with cooling gel or breathable top layers. You’ll also want to pay attention to the cover since some offer moisture-wicking features with mesh. You can also find latex hybrid mattresses that can offer a cooler sleeping experience.
- Some manufacturers let customers try out the mattress for a while to make sure it feels comfortable. So, if you feel unsure about a specific mattress, find out if the product offers this helpful option.
- If you want to keep your hybrid mattress for a long time, know that a thicker one can be more durable.
- Rather than using a box spring to support your hybrid mattress, a foundation base tends to work better, and you may be able to use the mattress directly on the floor if necessary. However, you’ll always want to follow the instructions the manufacturer provides.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide