The Best White Nightstands for a Simple Yet Stylish Bedroom
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
The humble nightstand is one the most under-appreciated pieces of furniture in the home. It plays such an important role in the bedroom, holding essential and precious items like our glasses or our phone. However, it often becomes second fiddle to other items such as a bed or dresser. However, if you’re looking for a stylish and functional nightstand that holds its own in the bedroom, there are many options available.
When it comes to color, white is a classic choice. White nightstands look casual yet elegant, simple yet stylish. They can match the other furniture in the room or have a contrasting appeal – whatever works for your bedroom aesthetic. When choosing a nightstand, getting the shade of white just right is key. While some people prefer bright white that has an almost-blue tinge, others like a warmer white that is bordering on cream. Consider whether you prefer cooler or warmer whites and what works best with the other colors in the room.
White nightstands come in many different sizes. When deciding what size you need, it’s best to look at it proportionally with your bed. If you have a single bed, for example, then a smaller nightstand will work better. If you have a king size bed, you can opt for wider and taller nightstands. Also consider how much space you have in your bedroom and what size the space can accommodate.
One white nightstand or two – that is the question. Typically, this will somewhat depend on your space, but it is also a matter of style. Some people with a more eclectic style choose two nightstands of different varieties. If your bed is next to the wall on one side, then one nightstand will also suffice in this case. However, if you like a more symmetrical and traditional look, opt for two matching nightstands.
Our Picks For The Top White Nightstands
- 1. Winsome Claire Drawer & Shelf White Nightstand
- 2. ADORNEVE Built-In Power Outlet White Nightstand
- 3. Convenience Concepts Oxford White Rectangular End Table For Bedroom
- 4. FURINNO Space Saving White End Tables For Bedroom, Set Of 2
- 5. SAUCE ZHAN Flip Top & Charging Station White Nightstand
- 6. Casual Home Built-In USB Charging Ports White Nightstand
- 7. Prepac Pewter Finished Metal Knobs White Nightstand
- 8. WLIVE 2 Fabric Drawers White Nightstand
- 9. Ameriwood Home Parsons Water Resistant White End Table For Bedroom
- 10. Ecoprsio Adjustable Leg Pads White Nightstands, 2-Piece
- 11. Prepac 2 Drawer Wooden White Nightstand
- 12. VECELO 2 Shelves Wooden White Nightstands, 2-Piece
- 13. HollyHOME Modern White End Table For Bedroom
- 14. RIIPOO PVC Board X-Frame White Nightstand
Claire Drawer & Shelf White Nightstand
This elegant white nightstand is simple and sophisticated. It has one drawer for your essentials as well as a open-concept shelf. The nightstand is made from solid and composite wood.
Built-In Power Outlet White Nightstand
This white nightstand is sturdy and durable. It is made from P2 MDF and has aluminum handles. The nightstand has spacious drawers and a shelf.
Oxford White Rectangular End Table For Bedroom
This is a rustic X-framed white end table for bedroom suitable for any decor aesthetic. Made of engineered wood and featuring a smooth white finish, this tall shelf has enough space between each level to hold a large number of magazines, books or special keepsakes.
Space Saving White End Tables For Bedroom, Set Of 2
Setting up this white end table for bedroom is a breeze, as no tools are required. The unit features three shelves that are assembled using a set of tubes. If you prefer the color black, you'll find that the shelves on this unit are reversible.
What to Look For
- How high should your nightstand be? This depends on the height of your bed. You don’t want the nightstand to be too much higher or lower than your bed because than reaching for items will be physically awkward. Opt for a nightstand that is within an inch or two of the height of your bed.
- For many people, storage space is a big buying factor. Other than the surface of the white nightstand, how much storage do you require? For some people, having a few drawers in the nightstand is essential. Others don’t want to use their nightstand for storage and instead keep it more decorative. In this case, having an open-concept shelf or two works well. Some nightstands give you the best of both worlds, with both a drawer and an open shelf. MORE: Best Storage Beds
- When it comes to the material the white nightstand is made from, there are many choices. If you have a more traditional aesthetic, consider going with a wooden nightstand or one that contains iron or brass hardware. If you have a contemporary look, then polished metal or glass are great options. Also consider whether you’re going to be storing heavy items on the nightstand as that may affect what material you choose.