Keep Your Credit Card Safe With The Best RFID Wallet
We looked at the top 19 RFID Wallets and dug through the reviews from 84 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best RFID Wallets.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
If you’ve ever had your credit card compromised, you already know what an inconvenience it is. Sure, your card issuer likely covers any fraudulent charges. But you’ll have to wait for a new card to arrive, and then change your number everywhere you have it stored online. Even the smallest things you can do to protect your card will be well worth it if you prevent the pains of replacing your card.
One way criminals access your credit card is through a process called skimming. There are various ways skimming works, but one uses a special device to read the RFID-enabled credit cards in your wallet. Without you even realizing it, your credit card may be stolen while you’re standing in line at the grocery store or walking down the street.
RFID-blocking wallets keep your credit and debit cards safe by blocking readers from getting access. These wallets use a liner, typically adding very little bulk. You’ll shop for them the same way you’d shop for non-RFID-blocking wallets, looking at features like the number of pockets, thickness, weight, material and cost.
But it’s important to understand the technology before you buy. Not all RFID-blocking wallets are the same. If you want to block credit and debit cards, you should be covered. But to protect high-frequency cards like hotel keys, ID badges and transit cards, you’ll need a wallet that covers the 125 KHz and 134 KHz frequencies.
Beyond protection, you’re probably also looking for a wallet that will be fully functional. That includes having enough pockets to hold all your cards, as well as space to stash cash and even coins if necessary. If you want a wallet with a window for your ID, you can find one of those as well.
Material is also important to many wallet owners. You can find plenty of well-made, high-quality RFID wallets. So if you’re planning to settle for nothing less than high-quality leather, you should be able to easily find it. You’ll also want to make sure the wallet you choose will hold up over many uses, especially if you’ll be taking it along on your outdoor adventures.
For many wallet shoppers, though, portability is a deciding factor. If you’re slipping your wallet into a pocket or cramming it into a packed laptop bag, you need a wallet that won’t bulk up considerably once you’ve put a few cards inside. You should also consider how much weight the material of the wallet will add to it.
Our Picks For The Top RFID Wallets
- 1. TRAVANDO Austin Bifold RFID Slim Minimalist Wallet & Money Clip
- 2. Buffway Crafted RFID Blocking Leather Wallet
- 3. FurArt Classic Zippered Keychain RFID Wallet
- 4. Zitahli Men’s Leather Slim Bifold RFID Wallet
- 5. Timberland Genuine Leather Pocket-Sized RFID Wallet
- 6. HIMI Compact Leather RFID Blocking Vintage Wallet
- 7. MOSIYEEF Clip Aluminum Minimalist Wallet
- 8. SERMAN BRANDS Smart Pull Strap Genuine Leather RFID Wallet
- 9. Travelambo Personal Security Lab-Tested RFID Wallet
- 10. Dockers Men’s Leather Bifold RFID Wallet
- 11. ESTALON Handcrafted Trifold RFID Blocking Wallet
- 12. FIDELO Slim RFID Minimalist Wallet
- 13. SERMAN BRANDS Full Grain Leather RFID Blocking Bifold Wallet
- 14. Zoppen Classic Faux Leather RFID Blocking Wallet
- 15. Mt. Eston Military Grade RFID Blocking Men’s Wallet
- 16. Stealth Mode Divided RFID Blocking Personal Wallet
- 17. Travelambo Vintage RFID Blocking Slim Wallet
- 18. Travelambo Handmade Pocket RFID Blocking Wallet
- 19. Travelambo Minimalist Women’s RFID Blocking Wallet
Austin Bifold RFID Slim Minimalist Wallet & Money Clip
If you're searching for an RFID wallet to give to a friend, look no further than this model. It's sold in a stylish gift box and comes with a silver money clip. Although the wallet itself is thin and lightweight, it still has 11 pockets for storing everything from cash to credit cards to your IDs.
Attractive Gift BoxKeep your sensitive information safe with this bi-fold RFID wallet.
Crafted RFID Blocking Leather Wallet
Elegant is the best word to describe this RFID wallet, which is constructed from Alaskan leather. The wallet is also designed with functionality in mind. It includes a front finger hole to help you quickly push your credit card up and out of the wallet.
Multiple Color OptionsWith this RFID wallet, you'll have a choice between 13 different colors.
Classic Zippered Keychain RFID Wallet
Although this RFID wallet is small, it offers an astounding 15 pockets. The front pocket features a clear cover for your ID and a finger groove for easy removal. You can even get the wallet in one of 32 bright colors, such as royal blue, apple green and carbon fiber red.
Travel-Friendly PickThe compact size and attached keychain make this RFID wallet an excellent choice when traveling.
Men's Leather Slim Bifold RFID Wallet
Durable is the best word to describe this RFID wallet, which is made using a scratch-resistant vegan leather. The wallet is larger in size and features a total of 12 slots to hold all of your cards and IDs. There's even a stainless steel money clip to hold your bills firmly inside the wallet.
Stylish and FunctionalWhen it comes to safeguarding your personal data, this RFID wallet has you covered.
Why we recommend these rfid wallets?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 19 RFID Wallets and also dug through the reviews from 84 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best RFID Wallets.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- The overall layout of the wallet is a great starting point as you start shopping. A trifold design means it folds out. A bifold design allows you to easily slide your cash in while also keeping all your cards where you can reach them. Some models have more of an enhanced money-clip design with one side holding your cash and cards and the other dedicated to your ID.
- A wallet’s thickness becomes very important once you’re actually using it. Some models are exceptionally slim, even once you have all your cards inside. They’re also lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- If you have more than a couple of credit cards, you’ll want a wallet with enough pockets to hold them. A standard trifold wallet design might have nine card slots, along with pockets for your cash and receipts. A bifold wallet is a bit more limited, often with only two pockets on the inside and a slot on the outside for your most frequently-used card. Certain slim models are more like a money clip with card slots, offering only three places for cards, and some have a change pocket, making it more ideal for those who always carry cash.
- If you don’t like to take your ID out every time you need to show it, look for a wallet that makes it easy to get to it. This is made easiest by putting the ID window on the outside.
- If you’re concerned about your cash, look for a product that uses magnets to hold bills in place. The use of the magnets means you can hold a fairly sizable wad of cash in place, overcoming a problem often seen with money clips.
- If you prefer a selection of colors, look through the color options offered in the products you like as they often come in a variety of styles and colors.
- Unfortunately, the wallet you choose may not be sufficient for blocking high-frequency RFID-cards like building security keys. For that level of protection, you’ll need a wallet that protects 125 KHz or 134 KHz. Some models offer only high-frequency RFID-blocking protection, which will only safeguard credit and debit cards.
- The build of your wallet will not only determine how long it lasts, but how comfortable it is to use. Be sure to read through the materials and product design to familiarize yourself with the offerings.
- One benefit of certain wallets is that they are built to stand up to the elements, making them the perfect wallet for the rugged outdoorsperson.
- You may not think about it until you actually have the wallet, but the tightness of the card slots can be an issue. However, you’ll notice that this tightness pays off down the road when other wallet slots can loosen and make cards fall out. The slots on other wallets start off as the right fit but loosen up with use, making it more likely you’ll lose a card along the way.
- Certain wallets also include a pull-tab to help you extract your cards or cash.
- If your wallet comes with magnets to hold your cash in place, they can damage your credit card. Most wallets are built to keep magnets away from credit cards, but hotel keycards are more likely to be affected by a nearby magnet. As an additional precaution, try to keep your hotel keycards far away from any magnets in your wallet.
RFID Wallet Rankings
More to Explore
Radio frequency identification, or RFID, uses radio waves to send information. This design means credit cards and key cards can be read from a distance of up to a few feet, which is convenient if you’re trying to get into your hotel room. Unfortunately, it’s also convenient for criminals who can intercept those radio waves from within the card’s vicinity. Newer cards may use EMV chips in the scanner, but some also now have RFID built-in to allow you to pay by either touching the card to the reader or simply having it nearby in a laptop bag or pocket. If you have an RFID-blocking wallet, the latter won’t work, but you can still remove it from your wallet to hold it near the reader.