SERMAN BRANDS Smart Pull Strap Genuine Leather RFID Wallet
Last updated date: August 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top RFID Wallets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best RFID Wallet you should buy.
Update as August 10, 2022:
Checkout Keep Your Credit Card Safe With The Best RFID Wallet for a detailed review of all the top rfid wallets.
Stylish the word that comes to mind when you see this attractive leather RFID wallet. It's available in eight colors, including Texas brown, Army green, modern black and titanium gray. The wallet uses RFID blocking technology to protect your information and is slim enough to fit in a shirt pocket.
In our analysis of 93 expert reviews, the SERMAN BRANDS Smart Pull Strap Genuine Leather RFID Wallet placed 4th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Leather lining. Bifold closure. PATENT PENDING – 12 MONTH WARRANTY, The SERMAN BRANDS Warranty covers any factory defects as a result from the manufacturing process of the product. SAFETY. PRIVACY. SECURITY – Our minimalist wallets for men are equipped with advanced RFID Blocking Technology, a unique metal composite, engineered specifically to block 13.56 MHz or higher RFID signals and protect the valuable information stored on RFID chips from unauthorized scans. SLIM AND STYLISH – Bifold is made with the finest full grain genuine leather that develops a richer texture and establishes stronger character and color with use. Designed Quick Access ID Windows, Best Fits 8-10 cards plus US bills, and a minimal Pull-tab design to reduce bulk – Wallet Size: 4.25″ in. x 3.1″ in. .4″ in. HOW IT WORKS- At last! A slim travel wallet that will meet your everyday needs. The SERMAN BRANDS slim wallet is equipped with a front pocket for your daily card, 4 quick draw interior pockets, and a smart strap that lets you get to your everyday credit cards. Most currencies fit easily with a half fold, keeping your essentials together in a thin, slim, & sleek fashion. PREMIUM LEATHERS- We use only the finest leathers to make smart and stylish wallets! Premium full grain leathers that are soft and appealing! Our vintage leathers stay true to their nature by being receptive to scratches. With use the wallet will absorb the natural oils of your hands which will allow the wallet to develop a rich and dark color. Over time, your wallet will develop a character that matches your adventures.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On RFID Wallets
If you’ve ever had your credit card compromised, you already know what an inconvenience it is. Sure, your card issuer likely covers any fraudulent charges. But you’ll have to wait for a new card to arrive, and then change your number everywhere you have it stored online. Even the smallest things you can do to protect your card will be well worth it if you prevent the pains of replacing your card.
One way criminals access your credit card is through a process called skimming. There are various ways skimming works, but one uses a special device to read the RFID-enabled credit cards in your wallet. Without you even realizing it, your credit card may be stolen while you’re standing in line at the grocery store or walking down the street.
RFID-blocking wallets keep your credit and debit cards safe by blocking readers from getting access. These wallets use a liner, typically adding very little bulk. You’ll shop for them the same way you’d shop for non-RFID-blocking wallets, looking at features like the number of pockets, thickness, weight, material and cost.
But it’s important to understand the technology before you buy. Not all RFID-blocking wallets are the same. If you want to block credit and debit cards, you should be covered. But to protect high-frequency cards like hotel keys, ID badges and transit cards, you’ll need a wallet that covers the 125 KHz and 134 KHz frequencies.
Beyond protection, you’re probably also looking for a wallet that will be fully functional. That includes having enough pockets to hold all your cards, as well as space to stash cash and even coins if necessary. If you want a wallet with a window for your ID, you can find one of those as well.
Material is also important to many wallet owners. You can find plenty of well-made, high-quality RFID wallets. So if you’re planning to settle for nothing less than high-quality leather, you should be able to easily find it. You’ll also want to make sure the wallet you choose will hold up over many uses, especially if you’ll be taking it along on your outdoor adventures.
For many wallet shoppers, though, portability is a deciding factor. If you’re slipping your wallet into a pocket or cramming it into a packed laptop bag, you need a wallet that won’t bulk up considerably once you’ve put a few cards inside. You should also consider how much weight the material of the wallet will add to it.
The RFID Wallet Buying Guide
- The overall layout of the wallet is a great starting point as you start shopping. A trifold design means it folds out. A bifold design allows you to easily slide your cash in while also keeping all your cards where you can reach them. Some models have more of an enhanced money-clip design with one side holding your cash and cards and the other dedicated to your ID.
- A wallet’s thickness becomes very important once you’re actually using it. Some models are exceptionally slim, even once you have all your cards inside. They’re also lightweight, making it easy to carry around.
- If you have more than a couple of credit cards, you’ll want a wallet with enough pockets to hold them. A standard trifold wallet design might have nine card slots, along with pockets for your cash and receipts. A bifold wallet is a bit more limited, often with only two pockets on the inside and a slot on the outside for your most frequently-used card. Certain slim models are more like a money clip with card slots, offering only three places for cards, and some have a change pocket, making it more ideal for those who always carry cash.
- If you don’t like to take your ID out every time you need to show it, look for a wallet that makes it easy to get to it. This is made easiest by putting the ID window on the outside.
- If you’re concerned about your cash, look for a product that uses magnets to hold bills in place. The use of the magnets means you can hold a fairly sizable wad of cash in place, overcoming a problem often seen with money clips.
- If you prefer a selection of colors, look through the color options offered in the products you like as they often come in a variety of styles and colors.
- Unfortunately, the wallet you choose may not be sufficient for blocking high-frequency RFID-cards like building security keys. For that level of protection, you’ll need a wallet that protects 125 KHz or 134 KHz. Some models offer only high-frequency RFID-blocking protection, which will only safeguard credit and debit cards.
- The build of your wallet will not only determine how long it lasts, but how comfortable it is to use. Be sure to read through the materials and product design to familiarize yourself with the offerings.
- One benefit of certain wallets is that they are built to stand up to the elements, making them the perfect wallet for the rugged outdoorsperson.
- You may not think about it until you actually have the wallet, but the tightness of the card slots can be an issue. However, you’ll notice that this tightness pays off down the road when other wallet slots can loosen and make cards fall out. The slots on other wallets start off as the right fit but loosen up with use, making it more likely you’ll lose a card along the way.
- Certain wallets also include a pull-tab to help you extract your cards or cash.
- If your wallet comes with magnets to hold your cash in place, they can damage your credit card. Most wallets are built to keep magnets away from credit cards, but hotel keycards are more likely to be affected by a nearby magnet. As an additional precaution, try to keep your hotel keycards far away from any magnets in your wallet.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide