The Best Earrings For Girls
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Whether you’re looking for a surprise for a special occasion or something for everyday wear, earrings can make a great gift for girls who like jewelry. You have plenty of girls’ earrings options to choose from, ranging from classic and simple to fun and colorful. When shopping, you’ll want to consider factors like design, material, size and ease of use to find the best pair.
Many girls’ earrings come in a style with a simple post design and backing that slides or locks on. Others are hoop earrings that either lock or use a backing like traditional post earrings. Earrings with a simple slide-on backing especially work well for girls who are new to using earrings. Girls may need an adult’s help with hoop earrings or post earrings that use a special locking backing.
Since children may have sensitive ears, you’ll find that many girls’ pierced earrings use materials that help avoid allergic reactions. Stainless steel, medical plastic, gold and sterling silver are popular options. You can find some options made of nickel if allergies aren’t an issue.
When it comes to design options, a set of basic earrings with a single stone or shape for each ear can work well to keep things simple, especially if the girl has small earlobes. Birthstones and clear studs are popular options.
If the girl you’re shopping for likes fun jewelry, you can find girls’ earrings shaped like favorite cartoon characters, plants, treats, animals and symbols. These can range from earrings in flower shapes with jewels to colorful characters like unicorns.
Our Picks For The Top Earrings for Girls
- 1. AIDSOTOU Gift Gold-Plated Earrings For Girls
- 2. TAMHOO Cute Eco-Friendly Earrings For Girls
- 3. ARSKRO Fantasy Sensitive Skin Earrings For Girls
- 4. Disney Classic Minnie Mouse Gift Earrings For Girls
- 5. Amazon Essentials Butterfly Backing Earrings For Girls
- 6. UNGENT THEM Magical Crystal Earrings For Girls
- 7. VOROCO Gold-Plated Earrings For Girls
- 8. CUOKA MIRACLE Rose Gold Earrings For Girls
- 9. Amazon Collection Birthstone Handcrafted Earrings For Girls
- 10. Minihope Sparkle Eco-Friendly Earrings For Girls
Gift Gold-Plated Earrings For Girls
Whether you're 5 or 105, these earrings for girls work for a variety of outfits. The set includes 12 pairs of earrings, all of which are hoop-style with dangling charms. They are gold-plated and constructed from a durable alloy that is nickel- and lead-free.
Great for All AgesSince these earrings for girls come in an attractive gift box, they make for an excellent Christmas or birthday present.
Cute Eco-Friendly Earrings For Girls
Did your daughter, niece or granddaughter recently get her ears pierced? If so, you'll want to grab this set of earrings for girls, as it includes an astounding 33 pairs of earrings. You'll find a variety of fun and colorful images make up the set, including pairs of unicorns, rainbows, owls, butterflies and hearts.
Excellent Starter CollectionYou'll find these hypoallergenic earrings for girls work best for little ladies ages 8 and older.
Fantasy Sensitive Skin Earrings For Girls
If your daughter has sensitive ears, you'll want to go with these earrings for girls, as they're hypoallergenic. The earrings are designed to resemble a unicorn and feature an opal in the center. The opal has a bit of white, turquoise and pink. Which color pops the most is dependent on the light and the angle of your view.
Whimsical OptionIf you prefer, you can also get these earrings for girls in either gold-plated, rose gold-plated or rhodium-plated.
Sparkle Eco-Friendly Earrings For Girls
Featuring food-grade polycarbonate posts that can work for girls with the most sensitive ears, this set gives your girl up to 30 pairs of earrings to try. Choose from sets that include foods, animals, flowers and seasonal symbols.
Big SelectionYour girl can try a new pair each day with this stylish earring set featuring hypoallergenic materials.
What to Look For
- While most of the girls’ earrings you’ll find are designed for pierced ears, you can find clip-on, magnetic and stick-on options for girls who need something less permanent. Stick-on earrings work like stickers that are easy to put on and take off. Clip-on earrings use a metal or plastic clip. It can take some effort to find a comfortable yet secure pair.
- If the girl you’re buying for has recently gotten her ears pierced, it’s recommended to wait six weeks or longer before switching from the original pair to a new pair of earrings. This will ensure the piercings have healed properly and can help avoid harm to the ears.
- In case the original earring backing gets lost during play or other activities, it’s helpful to purchase some extras to have on hand.
- Dangling earrings can be a hazard for children since they can easily get pulled out accidentally and rip the ear.
- If you’re buying earrings for a baby girl or toddler, consider choosing a small and light option with a special back that screws on for security.
- When shopping for gold girls’ earrings, look for 14-karat gold or higher to minimize the allergy risk.
Earrings for Girls Rankings
More to Explore
Earrings for both children and adults have been customarily worn since ancient times. In fact, people in Asia may have donned them as far back as 7,000 years ago, and hoop earrings have existed for at least 4,000 years.
Gold earrings have remained a popular option that people still wear frequently today. These earrings first served as a status symbol for the wealthy.
In the United States, clip-on earrings were more popular than regular earrings until ear piercing became a more commonplace practice in the 1950s. However, people started out doing the piercing process at home rather than heading to the mall or a piercing shop like people do today.