The Best Aromatherapy Candle
We looked at the top 14 Aromatherapy Candles and dug through the reviews from 34 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Aromatherapy Candles.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Aromatherapy is considered a form of alternative medicine and uses essential oils derived from plants. The practice comes with many benefits for both body and mind. Aromatherapy candles are one form that not only allows you to fill your home with sweet scents, but also, depending on the specific oils used, provide stress relief, energy or a peaceful night’s rest.
When buying aromatherapy candles, you should always check that the ingredients are pure and do not contain any toxic chemicals.
Next, decide if you’d like your aromatherapy candle to have a strong scent that fills the room or a combination of essential oils that promote a certain health benefit. For example, the Lulu Candles Fresh Linen Scented Candle leaves your home smelling like freshly laundered sheets. Other candles, however, may have an ingredient like lavender essential oil, which has a pleasant scent but is mainly used for its ability to leave you feeling calm.
MORE: The Best Scented Candles
Check the candle’s burning time, so you can calculate how often you’d have to replace it. Some aromatherapy candles offer 50 hours of burning time, while others can burn for as many as 80 hours.
Take a look at the jar holding the candle. Some are plain and simply designed to allow the candle to burn safely. Some are decorative on the outside and some, like the Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Candle, are made of frosted glass that emits a romantic glow while lit.
Finally, consider aromatherapy candles that are designed to serve a specific purpose. For example, some options work to neutralize unpleasant pet odors instead of just masking them. All of the ingredients are safe to use around pets and have been recommended by veterinarians.
Our Picks For The Top Aromatherapy Candles
- 1. Benevolence LA Hand Poured All Natural Soy Aromatherapy Candle
- 2. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Lavender Aromatherapy Candle, 2-Pack
- 3. Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Jar Aromatherapy Candle
- 4. Lulu Candles Fresh Linen Cotton Wick Aromatherapy Candle
- 5. Bath & Body Works Scented Relaxing Aromatherapy Candle
- 6. 96NORTH Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Candle
- 7. YINUO LIGHT Winter Holiday Aromatherapy Candles Gift Set
- 8. Chesapeake Bay Reflection + Clarity Natural Soy Aromatherapy Candle
- 9. L’or de Seraphine No. 18 Hestia Ceramic Jar Aromatherapy Candle
- 10. Way Out West Eucalyptus Meditation Aromatherapy Candle
- 11. Gerrard Larriett Anti-Anxiety Deodorizing Aromatherapy Candle
- 12. LAFCO Signature Chamomile Lavender Aromatherapy Candle
- 13. Wax & Oils Eco-Friendly Lavender Aromatherapy Candle
- 14. Aubert & Amandine Renew Lilac 3 Wick Aromatherapy Candle
Hand Poured All Natural Soy Aromatherapy Candle
Fill your home with the lovely scents of bergamot and jasmine when you light this candle. It's made from an all-natural soy and comes in a choice of medium or large. If you opt for the 8-ounce jar, you'll enjoy a burn time of 45 hours.
Upscale LookSince this aromatherapy candle comes with an attractive gift box, it makes for an excellent Christmas, birthday or Valentine's Day gift.
Clean Day Lavender Aromatherapy Candle, 2-Pack
You'll enjoy a long 35-hour burn when you opt for this set of aromatherapy candles. The candles are constructed from renewable materials and contain no lead or other harmful ingredients. The jars are made from a reusable glass and the candles provide a fresh garden scent that is extremely pleasing to the senses.
Versatile PickThese aromatherapy candles have a calming lavender scent.
Balance + Harmony Jar Aromatherapy Candle
Not only is this aromatherapy candle No. 1 among aromatherapy candles, but it's also the best value. It has 50 hours of burning time and an elegant frosted jar that gives off a romantic glow while lit. The added essential oils promote relaxation and a sense of peace. We loved the look of the green frosted jar and found the scent to be mellow in our...
Mellow VibesA green frosted jar and mellow scent make this aromatherapy candle perfect for creating a relaxing ambiance.
Fresh Linen Cotton Wick Aromatherapy Candle
You don't have to do a load of laundry to get the fresh linen smell. Simply pick up this aromatherapy candle. Made using vegan soy wax, it also features a 100% cotton wick that is friendly to the environment. Perhaps the candle's biggest perk is its long-lasting burn that emits a pleasant fragrance able to fill the entire room. We found the scent t...
Strong and CrispThis aromatherapy candle's scent is strong and crisp, without being overpowering.
Why we recommend these aromatherapy candles?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 14 Aromatherapy Candles and also dug through the reviews from 34 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Aromatherapy Candles.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
The Best Bang For Your Buck
Chesapeake Bay Balance + Harmony Jar Aromatherapy Candle
Our Expert Score
User Summarized Score
Not only is this aromatherapy candle No. 1 among aromatherapy candles, but it's also the best value. It has 50 hours of burning time and an elegant frosted jar that gives off a romantic glow while lit. The added essential oils promote relaxation and a sense of peace. We loved the look of the green frosted jar and found the scent to be mellow in our testing.
What other experts liked
What to Look For
- Aromatherapy candles make excellent birthday, holiday and housewarming gifts. Some even come with decorative gift boxes that are sure to please any recipient.
- If your aromatherapy candle doesn’t come with a lid to extinguish the burning flame when you leave the room, use a snuffer. Blowing out the flame isn’t ideal, as this could cause hot wax to splatter up and burn you or someone near you.
- Candles should never be left unattended or placed near an item that could catch fire, such as a pile of napkins on a table or a curtain by the windowsill.
- If you have children or pets in the house, place the candles out of their reach. Consider a fireplace mantel or a top shelf.
- The National Candle Association recommends candles be extinguished and tossed once they reach 2 inches of wax (without a container) or a half-inch (with a container).
- An essential oil guide would make an excellent companion to any aromatherapy candle. The guide will list all the known benefits associated with each essential oil. For example, vanilla essential oil has antioxidant properties, eucalyptus essential oil relieves muscle pain and jasmine essential oil works as an antidepressant.
- While many aromatherapy candles are made in the United States, it is important to note that the essential oils used in making the candles are often sourced from a number of countries around the globe.
- When buying an aromatherapy candle, you’ll want to consider the price. Be sure to find a candle that fits within your budget.
Aromatherapy Candle Rankings
More to Explore
Aromatherapy has reportedly been in use for over 5,000 years. In fact, not only did the famous philosopher Dioscorides write about essential oils in 100 A.D., but the well-known physician Hippocrates also recommended them as a way to stay healthy.
Although aromatherapy didn’t become popular in the United States until after 1980, it was widely used by the Egyptians during religious ceremonies and by the French to fight diseases. The Chinese, Germans and Indians were also known to have used aromatherapy for everything from perfumes to wound cleaners.