The Best Long Sleeve Shirt
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Long sleeve shirts for men, women and children are a versatile fashion item that can be worked into many different types of looks. A classic fashion favorite, a long sleeve shirt is perfect for cooler spring and fall weather. It can be an important layer in your winter wardrobe as well, worn under sweaters and coats. In addition, a light long sleeve shirt can also be worn in the summer to protect your arms from harsh sunlight.
When you’re looking for a long sleeve shirt, one of the most important things to consider is the material. If you end up with a scratchy or uncomfortable fabric, it’s likely you’re not going to want to wear it very often. Cotton is a highly breathable and comfortable choice for fabric when it comes to long sleeve shirts. It’s a durable material that washes well. Another option is synthetic materials, which are often blended with cotton.
If you’re looking for a lightweight long sleeve shirt for the summer months, go with linen. Fleece is a good choice for winter months because it provides insulation.
Our Picks For The Top Long Sleeve Shirts
- 1. SIVVAN Tagless Professional Long Sleeve Shirt
- 2. Real Essentials Moisture Wicking Long Sleeve Shirts, 4-Pack
- 3. Gildan Classic Fit Heavy Long Sleeve Shirt, 2-Pack
- 4. Carhartt Men’s Workwear Jersey Pocket Long-Sleeve Shirt
- 5. Hanes Lady’s Odor Protection Long Sleeve Shirt
- 6. Wrangler Authentics Men’s Button Closure Long Sleeve Shirt
- 7. Jerzees Men’s Pre-Shrunk Long Sleeve Polo Shirt
Tagless Professional Long Sleeve Shirt
Not only are these long sleeve shirts great for everyday wear, but they also double as scrubs for those in the healthcare industry. They are constructed using a soft cotton blend that is machine washable using the cold water setting. The shirts have a classic fit and are made without tags, which makes them perfect for individuals with sensitive ski...
Multiple Color OptionsYou'll fins this long sleeve shirt comes in a choice of 35 different colors, including spearmint, lavender, blush and royal blue.
Moisture Wicking Long Sleeve Shirts, 4-Pack
If you love spending time in the great outdoors, this 4-pack of long sleeve shirts is a must. Each shirt within the pack is a different color, so you get a variety of looks with just one purchase. In addition to featuring moisture-wicking capabilities, these shirts also provide sun protection.
Best MultipackAlthough form-fitting, these long sleeve shirts are made with a bit of spandex to give you some stretch.
Classic Fit Heavy Long Sleeve Shirt, 2-Pack
Suitable for long-term wear, this long sleeve shirt is made from durable cotton that is thick and hefty. It is designed with a longer dropper shoulder and wider sleeves. The shirt is machine washable.
Durable FabricThis long sleeve shirt is made from a durable cotton.
Lady's Odor Protection Long Sleeve Shirt
This long sleeve shirt is perfect for working out. It has advanced odor protection, and dries quickly if wet. The shirt has a feminine fit.
Advanced Odor ProtectionThis long sleeve shirt dries quickly.
What to Look For
- Long sleeve shirts are available in many different colors. If you’re looking for a neutral option that can work with many different outfits, go with solid black, gray or white. However, if you want something with more pizazz, you can go with a brighter color like blue, green, red or pink.
- Most long sleeve shirts are pull on, without any zippers or buttons. This makes them easy to put on and take off, and wear under other clothing. However, you can also find long sleeve shirts which have a quarter-length button closure. This adds a neat detail to the long sleeve shirt.
- When you’re thinking about the fit, consider how you want to wear the long sleeve shirt. If you’re primarily planning on using the long sleeve shirt as a layer under other clothes, then go with a tight fit that hugs your body. However, if you want to wear the long sleeve shirt on its own, you can go with a relaxed fit.
Long Sleeve Shirt Rankings
More to Explore
Not sure how to style a classic long sleeve shirt? They are a simple fashion item that can go with any casual look, such as with a pair of jeans or slacks. You can also wear a long sleeve shirt tee under a sweater or sweatshirt if you want to stay extra warm. Don’t forget a light long sleeve shirt if you’re heading out in the sun for the day. You can wear it over a tank top or T-shirt when you feel your skin needs a break from the sun.