The Best Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Long-sleeve leotard for girls are often worn for activities like dance and gymnastics. They can be used for training, rehearsals and practices, as well as for performances and competitions. The use of the long-sleeve leotard will dictate what kind of cut, style and color it should be.
Long-sleeve leotards are ideal for cold weather climates because they can help keep the athlete or dancer warm. However, there are other options in terms of sleeve cuts as well. A three-quarter length sleeve is also common for cold weather, and can be more comfortable for some people. A tank top style leotard provides more breathability, but it is typically reserved for training rather than performance.
When it comes to the back of a long-sleeve leotard, there are multiple options, including keyhole, racer, slatted and wide open. The back cut doesn’t necessarily affect the performance of the leotard, but can affect undergarments. For example, bras can be hidden under racer or tank-style backs but will be visible under wide open-style backs.
Our Picks For The Top Long-Sleeve Leotards For Girls
- 1. Capezio Girls’ Team Basics Nylon Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
- 2. DOMUSGO Sparkle Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
- 3. HOZIY Long-Sleeve Unicorn Gymnastics Leotard For Girls
- 4. DAXIANG Sparkly Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
- 5. DANSHOW Girls’ Team Basic Cotton Long-Sleeve Leotard
- 6. STELLE Girls’ Long-Sleeve Ballet Leotard & Skirt
- 7. BAOHULU Girls’ Gymnastics Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
- 8. Arshiner Classic Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
- 9. Capezio Girls’ Team Basics Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
Girls' Team Basics Nylon Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
This high-quality long-sleeve leotard for girls is perfect for ballet. It features a ballet leg line and is fully lined in the front. It also has a moderately scooped back.
High-Quality ConstructionThis long-sleeve leotard for girls is lined in the front and has a moderate scoop back.
Sparkle Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
Your little gymnast will shine when wearing this long-sleeve leotard for girls. The leotard is designed to be super stretchy, so it won't inhibit movement. It also has a higher neckline in the front and a stylish design. You can get the piece in a rainbow, sunflowers, leopard, floral and even a dinosaur print.
Wide Size RangeYou'll find this long-sleeve leotard for girls comes in sizes fitting young ladies between the ages of 2 and 14.
Long-Sleeve Unicorn Gymnastics Leotard For Girls
This comfortable and stretchy long-sleeve leotard for girls is perfect for gymnastics and other fitness activities. It comes with fun prints kids love. The leotard can be cleaned in the washing machine and hung to dry.
Fun and FitnessThis long-sleeve leotard for girls can be worn for gymnastics, sports or casual wear.
Sparkly Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls
If you want to stand out during a competition, opt for this flashy long-sleeve leotard for girls. It comes in several bright color combinations and has lots of sparkle. The material is breathable, as well as form-fitting. It's also stretchy, which is important when performing various tricks.
Cute DesignsGymnasts will love that this long-sleeve leotard for girls is quick-drying.
What to Look For
- When sizing a long-sleeve leotard for girls, consider the use first. Typically, leotards for training have a little more room to grow in them than competitive leotards. You want to ensure that a competitive leotard fits like a second skin so that it shows the precision and muscle definition of the athlete or dancer. Always consult the sizing chart and be sure to take measurements in the chest, waist, hip and girth.
- Long-sleeve leotards for girls come in different materials. Opt for materials that have some stretch, such as lycra, nylon or spandex. These fabrics will provide a snug fit and conform to the athlete’s body. They are also made from soft and comfortable materials, so they won’t be itchy or too hot.
- Some long-sleeve leotards for girls will need to be hand washed, especially if they have any sequins or rhinestones on them. However, most plain leotards made from lycra, nylon, spandex or cotton can be machine washed and tumble dried. Be sure to check the care instructions to ensure it works with your lifestyle.
- Consider if you will require any matching pieces to go with the long sleeve leotard for girls. For example, many ballet classes require both a leotard and matching skirt or tights. In some cases, you can purchase a set that includes everything you need.
Long-Sleeve Leotard For Girls Rankings
More to Explore
Did you know that the leotard is named after French acrobatic performer Jules Léotard? During the early days of the leotard, it was exclusively worn by circus performers and acrobats. Soon after, it was worn by swimmers and professional dancers. During the 1980s, the leotard was made popular by Jane Fonda in her aerobics videos, and was worn by other fitness personalities. Today, it is worn by dancers, gymnasts, acrobats and athletes. While leotards were at first only worn by men, today they’re worn by men and women in many different fields.