Oh My Clean Premium Melamine Cleaning Sponge, 20-Pack
Last updated date: June 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cleaning Sponges and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cleaning Sponge you should buy.
Editor's Note June 10, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cleaning Sponge for a detailed review of all the top cleaning sponges.
Thanks to their extra-large size, these sponges lasts a long time. It can even be used on just about any surface, including marble, wood and glass. You'll also enjoy knowing that these durable sponges are built to last.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Oh My Clean Oh My Clean Premium Melamine Cleaning Sponge, 20-Pk placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WHILE SOME OTHER ERASER SPONGES are too small, don’t work, or simply fall apart, we raised the bar and designed our eraser sponges to be extra thick for long lasting cleaning power. With premium quality melamine foam and incredible density, Oh My Clean eraser sponges easily lift away scuffs and grime, every time.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cleaning Sponges
While keeping your home or job site clean isn’t exactly a fun job, there are tools that help make the task a little easier and more pleasant. A quality cleaning sponge is one of those tools.
The two basic cleaning sponges on the market today are cellulose sponges and melamine sponges. Cellulose sponges are more affordable and last longer than melamine sponges, however, melamine sponges clean without the use of any additional chemicals. They are also able to remove an abundance of tough stains.
If you opt for a cellulose sponge, look for one that is two-sided. For example, the Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge, 6-Pack is soft on one side and rough on the other. The abrasive side is able to lift away stuck-on foods without damaging any surfaces. This includes cookware that has a nonstick coating.
Melamine sponges, like the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads, 8-Count, contain no harsh chemicals and activate with just a little warm tap water. They also work so well that you won’t even need much elbow grease to get dirt and grime to disappear.
It is important to shop for melamine sponges that are listed as professional quality, otherwise, you run the risk of the sponge ripping and falling apart after just one use. The Oh My Clean Premium Melamine Cleaning Sponge, 20-Pk is twice as thick as other brands, so you don’t have to worry about replacing the sponges as often.
As you narrow down your choices, don’t forget to take the type of surface you plan to clean into consideration, as well as the specific stain. The STK Extra Thick Magic Cleaning Pads, 20-Pack is able to handle a wide variety of surfaces, including leather, marble and steel. It is also capable of lifting away scuff marks, kitchen grease and even permanent marker.
The Cleaning Sponge Buying Guide
- Certain cleaning sponges contain chemicals. They should not be used on skin, as they can cause redness, irritation and even abrasions.
- Store your sponges out of the reach of children and small pets. Cleaning sponges not only pose a choking hazard when chewed, but some also have ingredients that are not meant to be swallowed.
- Some cleaning sponges are not washable, while others can be tossed in the dishwasher, cleaned and reused again and again. Always read the product label to determine which category your sponge falls in.
- There are users who swear that hand cleaning your sponges on a daily basis is the best way to extend their life. A grease-fighting dish soap works best.
- Porous sponges (not melamine versions) can be used in a variety of craft projects. You can use them to create a unique pattern when painting a wall or turn them into cute sailboats or sea creatures.
- Determine the price per sponge first before comparing which cleaning sponge set is the better buy. To do this, you’ll need to divide the total cost by the number of sponges in the set. The STK Extra Thick Magic Cleaning Pads, 20-Pack is among the most affordable with the Oh My Clean Premium Melamine Cleaning Sponge, 20-Pk not far behind. You’ll find the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads, 8-Count is moderately priced, while the Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge, 6-Pack has the highest price tag of the bunch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide