KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera
Last updated date: November 13, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Security Cameras and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Security Camera you should buy.
You'll get 360-degree views with the KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera, which lets you rotate the camera to see a wider area. For a low price, you'll get all the features, including night vision and motion activation. Two-way audio will make it easy to communicate with people being captured on video. In our analysis of 83 expert reviews, the KAMTRON KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Security Camera for a detailed review of all the top security cameras.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
1 Are my kids safe with babysitter? What is my pet doing while I'm away? Is my home secure while I'm away from home? Now, with KAMTRON Security IP Camera. You can watch each room in your house and keep your family safe. No matter in the office or take a trip, just take out your cell phone and remote control the camera freely. 2 KAMTRON Security Camera for Your Smart Home Advanced Security Camera helps you stay in touch with your home anytime,anywhere. Broad field of view,watch every corner indoor with MIPC View App. Easy to set up with MIPC View App, search on App Store or Google Play. Motion Detection and Two-way audio,stay security with your home. Excellent Full HD Video,stunning HD Video Quality 1280 x 720p 30 fps Face to Face effect. Read more 2 3 4 Remotely Control Pan and Tilt Pan, tilt, zoom, and capture the action from all different vantage points remotely with our MIPC app. Night Vision KAMTRON Security Camera night vision features super IR LED up to 20ft, catch every moment even in pitch black; which won’t disturb your baby or pet without light pollution, gives you 24-hour protection. Smart Motion Detection Alerts Push you live feed when capture activities right from the start, you could receive activity alerts while you're out, allows you control first-hand information in real time, never miss a moment. 5 6 7 Two-Way Audio Two-Way Audio with built-in microphone allows you to have smooth conversations through the MIPC App, where you could scare off unwanted guests and interactive with your baby or pet freely, gives a great comfort for the one your care about. Integrated App For All KAMTRON Home Cameras Scan QR Code to download MIPC View App on App Store or Google Play.The MIPC view App will keep updating to add more features. Monitor from Multiple Devices Multiple users will be able to view the same camera simultaneously with different devices anywhere. 1 2 3 5 1 KAMTRON 2M Camera KAMTRON 2M Camera KAMTRON 3M Camera KAMTRON 4M Camera KAMTRON Outdoor Camera Color White Black White Black White HD Resolution 1920*1080P 1920*1080P 2048*1536P 2624*1512P 1920*1080P Camera Types Dome Camera Dome Camera Dome Camera Dome Camera Bullet Camera Remote View Control Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Digital Zoom Additional Feature Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Waterproof/Night vision Night Vision 20Ft 20Ft 20Ft 20Ft 98Ft
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Security Cameras
Whether you run a business or you just want to protect your home, a security camera can be one of the best investments you’ll make. With a camera in place, you’ll be able to check in when you’re away, which will give you the peace of mind you need. There’s a wide range of security cameras designed for indoor areas, and most are packed with features at affordable prices.
Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of “On the Fly…DIY,” says there are three main criteria to consider when looking for a security camera: picture quality, night vision and motion sensing. “On the Fly…DIY” is an award-winning show that focuses on unique project tutorials for home improvement and DIY projects.
“A 1080p or higher video will give you the resolution you need, even at night when it’s hardest to see,” Liston says. “Night vision should be a given, as more crimes statically happen after the sun goes down. The motion-sensing feature starts recording (and some also send notifications to your phone) only when something is actually happening within the camera’s field of vision. This can save hard drive space or battery life, depending on the type of camera.”
If you choose a camera that records in 1080p resolution, also check into the storage you’ll be offered for those videos. Your recordings won’t be very useful if you’re constantly running out of room. You may find that your chosen camera brand provides cloud storage, but you’ll have to pay a monthly subscription price to store your videos. Alternatively, you can buy an SD card and store your videos locally, but you should factor that extra cost into your camera purchase.
Installation and setup should be part of your purchase decision. Some cameras are easier to install than others. Battery-powered cameras can be mounted anywhere, while you’ll need to make sure you’re close to a power outlet if you choose one that needs to be plugged in at all times. Also consider the type of mount your camera comes with and decide whether you can mount a camera with screws to that section of the wall. If you’re a renter, you may want to go with a camera mount that has an adhesive backing to avoid drilling holes in the wall.
DWYM Fun Fact
If you leave the house, chances are you’ll soon be on camera, wherever you go. From the time you step out of the car in a parking lot, you’re likely on surveillance video. But nowhere is this more prevalent than the U.K., which has an estimated 500,000 closed-circuit televisions spread throughout London alone. Experts believe the average Londoner is captured on camera an average of 300 times each day. This is due in part to the fact that many businesses have installed cameras to protect customers and employees. However, you’ll find at least 15,000 cameras surrounding the city’s train system, known as the Underground, spread throughout the city. As with businesses, the Underground’s CCTV system is built to keep crime at a minimum.
The Security Camera Buying Guide
- The quality of the images your camera captures is a prime consideration in any security camera. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera uses a feature called motion tagging that keeps objects clear even as they’re moving. Recordings are in 1080p and infrared night vision. The KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera provides night vision via an IR LED that can capture images up to 20 feet away. You’ll get 1080 x 720p recording quality. The YI 1080p Home Camera has an upgraded version for a higher price that captures in 1080p.
- Installation can be complex with traditional security cameras. As Liston points out, though, some newer cameras run on batteries to make this part of the process much easier.
“Battery-operated cameras are incredibly flexible when it comes to installation,” Liston says. “Since they are wireless, you won’t have the added tasks of drilling holes, running wires and ensuring the camera is close enough to an outlet. You can also choose to move the camera to a new location if that becomes necessary in the future. The drawback, though, is that these require a strong Wi-Fi signal and you’ll need to regularly access the camera to change out the batteries. With that in mind, any battery-operated unit should be installed out of reach of a would-be intruder but still accessible enough for maintenance.”
- If installation is a concern, go for a battery-powered model, which can be installed anywhere.
- Mounting the YI 1080p Home Camera is fairly easy, thanks to a magnetic base. However, it doesn’t have a battery, so you’ll still need to be close to a power plug.
- Chances are, you won’t want your camera to capture video when nothing’s happening. Most security cameras are built to kick on when motion or sound is detected. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera is triggered to record by both motion and sound, as is the KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera. The motion detection on the YI 1080p Home Camera is questionable, as there is a lag between movement and recording.
- With some cameras, you can speak to the person on the other end. That can come in handy if you have a visitor you want to address. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera has two-way audio, as does the KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera. With the YI 1080p Home Camera, you’ll get two-way audio, but the person on the other end will need to be very close to the camera to hear.
- For those who have an Alexa device, the Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera connects up so that you can pull up your feed via voice command.
- As handy as it is to see what your security camera is capturing in real time, if an event takes place, you’ll want to have it captured for later reference. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera provides 14-day cloud storage. With the YI 1080p Home Camera, you’ll need to either purchase a cloud account or an SD card.
- If something happens when you’re away from home, an alert can make all the difference. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera lets you customize your alerts and tweak the sensitivity. You’ll also receive notifications if your smoke or carbon monoxide detector goes off.
- The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera is very affordable, but you’ll find the build is less than impressive. That’s a small price to pay to have a camera packed with so many features, though.
- The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera, KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera and YI 1080p Home Camera are built for indoor use. If you need a security camera you can put outside, exposed to the elements, you’ll need to shop specifically for an outdoor camera.
- Since you’ll be saving your videos to the cloud or accessing your live view remotely, you’ll need to choose a camera that will easily connect to your home’s Wi-Fi. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera will only work on 2.4GHz, so check your router before you buy.
- One great feature of the YI 1080p Home Camera is that you can pan and tilt your camera remotely, using the app.
- Viewing angle is also important. The KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera has 360° rotation and viewing capability.
- If you’re on a budget, you’ll want to stick with the Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera, KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera or YI 1080p Home Camera. All three cameras are in a low price range but pack plenty of features.