KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera
Last updated date: March 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Security Cameras and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Security Camera you should buy.
Editor's Note March 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Security Camera for a detailed review of all the top security cameras.
You'll get 360-degree views with the KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera, which lets you rotate the camera to see a wider area. For a low price, you'll get all the features, including night vision and motion activation. Two-way audio will make it easy to communicate with people being captured on video.
In our analysis of 83 expert reviews, the KAMTRON KAMTRON WiFi IP Security Camera placed 9th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
1 Are my kids safe with babysitter? What is my pet doing while I'm away? Is my home secure while I'm away from home? Now, with KAMTRON Security IP Camera. You can watch each room in your house and keep your family safe. No matter in the office or take a trip, just take out your cell phone and remote control the camera freely. 2 KAMTRON Security Camera for Your Smart Home Advanced Security Camera helps you stay in touch with your home anytime,anywhere. Broad field of view,watch every corner indoor with MIPC View App. Easy to set up with MIPC View App, search on App Store or Google Play. Motion Detection and Two-way audio,stay security with your home. Excellent Full HD Video,stunning HD Video Quality 1280 x 720p 30 fps Face to Face effect. Read more 2 3 4 Remotely Control Pan and Tilt Pan, tilt, zoom, and capture the action from all different vantage points remotely with our MIPC app. Night Vision KAMTRON Security Camera night vision features super IR LED up to 20ft, catch every moment even in pitch black; which won’t disturb your baby or pet without light pollution, gives you 24-hour protection. Smart Motion Detection Alerts Push you live feed when capture activities right from the start, you could receive activity alerts while you're out, allows you control first-hand information in real time, never miss a moment. 5 6 7 Two-Way Audio Two-Way Audio with built-in microphone allows you to have smooth conversations through the MIPC App, where you could scare off unwanted guests and interactive with your baby or pet freely, gives a great comfort for the one your care about. Integrated App For All KAMTRON Home Cameras Scan QR Code to download MIPC View App on App Store or Google Play.The MIPC view App will keep updating to add more features. Monitor from Multiple Devices Multiple users will be able to view the same camera simultaneously with different devices anywhere. 1 2 3 5 1 KAMTRON 2M Camera KAMTRON 2M Camera KAMTRON 3M Camera KAMTRON 4M Camera KAMTRON Outdoor Camera Color White Black White Black White HD Resolution 1920*1080P 1920*1080P 2048*1536P 2624*1512P 1920*1080P Camera Types Dome Camera Dome Camera Dome Camera Dome Camera Bullet Camera Remote View Control Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Pan / Tilt / Digital Zoom Digital Zoom Additional Feature Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Two way audio/Night vision Motion detection/Waterproof/Night vision Night Vision 20Ft 20Ft 20Ft 20Ft 98Ft
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Security Cameras
Whether you run a business or you just want to protect your home, a security camera can be one of the best investments you’ll make. With a camera in place, you’ll be able to check in when you’re away, which will give you the peace of mind you need. There’s a wide range of security cameras designed for indoor areas, and most are packed with features at affordable prices.
Vicki Liston, writer, producer and narrator of “On the Fly…DIY,” says there are three main criteria to consider when looking for a security camera: picture quality, night vision and motion sensing. “On the Fly…DIY” is an award-winning show that focuses on unique project tutorials for home improvement and DIY projects.
“A 1080p or higher video will give you the resolution you need, even at night when it’s hardest to see,” Liston says. “Night vision should be a given, as more crimes statically happen after the sun goes down. The motion-sensing feature starts recording (and some also send notifications to your phone) only when something is actually happening within the camera’s field of vision. This can save hard drive space or battery life, depending on the type of camera.”
If you choose a camera that records in 1080p resolution, also check into the storage you’ll be offered for those videos. Your recordings won’t be very useful if you’re constantly running out of room. You may find that your chosen camera brand provides cloud storage, but you’ll have to pay a monthly subscription price to store your videos. Alternatively, you can buy an SD card and store your videos locally, but you should factor that extra cost into your camera purchase.
Installation and setup should be part of your purchase decision. Some cameras are easier to install than others. Battery-powered cameras can be mounted anywhere, while you’ll need to make sure you’re close to a power outlet if you choose one that needs to be plugged in at all times. Also consider the type of mount your camera comes with and decide whether you can mount a camera with screws to that section of the wall. If you’re a renter, you may want to go with a camera mount that has an adhesive backing to avoid drilling holes in the wall.
The Security Camera Buying Guide
- The quality of the images your camera captures is a prime consideration in any security camera. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera uses a feature called motion tagging that keeps objects clear even as they’re moving. Recordings are in 1080p and infrared night vision. The Mibao Corded Electric Security Camera provides night vision via an infrared light that can capture images up to 65 feet away. Upgraded camera versions capture in 1080p for a higher cost.
- Installation can be complex with traditional security cameras. As Liston points out, though, some newer cameras run on batteries to make this part of the process much easier.
“Battery-operated cameras are incredibly flexible when it comes to installation,” Liston says. “Since they are wireless, you won’t have the added tasks of drilling holes, running wires and ensuring the camera is close enough to an outlet. You can also choose to move the camera to a new location if that becomes necessary in the future. The drawback, though, is that these require a strong Wi-Fi signal and you’ll need to regularly access the camera to change out the batteries. With that in mind, any battery-operated unit should be installed out of reach of a would-be intruder but still accessible enough for maintenance.”
- If installation is a concern, go for a battery-powered model, which can be installed anywhere.
- Mounting security cameras with a magnetic base is fairly easy. However, some don’t have a battery, so you’ll still need to be close to a power plug.
- Chances are, you won’t want your camera to capture video when nothing’s happening. Most security cameras are built to kick on when motion or sound is detected. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera is triggered to record by both motion and sound. The motion detection on other cameras is questionable, as there is a lag between movement and recording.
- With some cameras, you can speak to the person on the other end. That can come in handy if you have a visitor you want to address. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera has two-way audio. With other security cameras you’ll get two-way audio, but the person on the other end will need to be very close to the camera to hear.
- For those who have an Alexa device, the Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera connects up so that you can pull up your feed via voice command.
- As handy as it is to see what your security camera is capturing in real time, if an event takes place, you’ll want to have it captured for later reference. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera provides 14-day cloud storage. With other models, you’ll need to either purchase a cloud account or an SD card.
- If something happens when you’re away from home, an alert can make all the difference. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera lets you customize your alerts and tweak the sensitivity. You’ll also receive notifications if your smoke or carbon monoxide detector goes off.
- The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera is very affordable, but you’ll find the build is less than impressive. That’s a small price to pay to have a camera packed with so many features, though.
- The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera is built for indoor use. If you need a security camera you can put outside, exposed to the elements, you’ll need to shop specifically for an outdoor camera.
- Since you’ll be saving your videos to the cloud or accessing your live view remotely, you’ll need to choose a camera that will easily connect to your home’s Wi-Fi. The Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera will only work on 2.4GHz, so check your router before you buy.
- One great feature to keep an eye out for is a pan and tilt feature that you can access remotely, using an app.
- Viewing angle is also important. Look for a camera with a 360-degree rotation and viewing capability.
- If you’re on a budget, you’ll want to stick with the Wyze Labs Wireless HD Indoor Smart Camera, as it comes in a low price range but packs plenty of features.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide