Jera Brandvig Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage Quilting Patterns
Last updated date: April 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Quilting Patterns and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Quilting Pattern you should buy.
Update as May 1, 2022:
Checkout The Best Quilting Pattern for a detailed review of all the top quilting patterns.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Jera Brandvig Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage Quilting Patterns placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Skip the longarmer and finish quilts on your home machine! Best-selling author Jera Brandvig shares a romantic take on her easy quilting designs. Sew 9 quilt-as-you-go projects, including an elegant sampler with 51 interchangeable blocks. Choose one of three QAYG finishing methods (or stick with traditional quilting), including a new reversible-quilt method that renders a secondary patchwork design on your quilt back! No matter how busy your schedule, these timeless blocks create endless possibilities.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Quilting Patterns
Part of the fun of making a quilt is seeking out the fabric you love and picking the perfect pattern. Several factors go into selecting a design that suits your needs, so consider them all to make the best choice.
First, think about your skill level. An intricate design might make the perfect gift for a new baby or decor piece for your home, but if it is too difficult, you might be unable to complete it. Something simple, yet lovely, such as a layer cake pattern, might be a better fit.
Consider the purpose of the quilt. If you want to sew a bed covering for a young child, something with a cute design might be appropriate. A wall hanging for your bedroom should complement your decorating style.
Another important consideration is the method. Do you want to quilt freehand? Do you prefer to use tools such as templates and rulers? Determining your abilities and deciding what type of work you want to do on the quilt will narrow your choices down to a smaller selection.
Finally, follow your heart. Once you have created a shortlist of choices that meet your wants and needs, choose the one that makes you the happiest.
The Quilting Pattern Buying Guide
- Wash all of the fabric you are going to use for your quilt before you begin unless the care instructions state otherwise. If you don’t prewash, you run the risk of the colors running after you make the quilt.
- Instead of the tedious task of pinning quilt pieces, use water-soluble glue to line them up in preparation. When you have finished the quilt, toss it in the washer to remove the glue.
- Make sure you have enough fabric before you get started. Buying an extra half-yard could save you time and stress, especially if you cannot find more of the material after your original purchase.
- Pressing the material beforehand will net more beautiful results. Pieces that are not pressed can be wrinkled and ill-fitting. On the flip side, pressing too hard could cause warping, so iron gently.
- Mixed fabrics can look amazing and have sentimental value. However, unless you are an experienced quilter, sewing squares of different, unique material together can be challenging. If you are just starting, stick with one type of fabric. The best choice is 100% cotton.
- Start small. Don’t overwhelm yourself with an intricate quilt from the get-go. Choose something manageable, such as a table runner or baby quilt. You will learn a great deal about quilting and reap the rewards more quickly, which might motivate you to follow through with a larger quilt.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide