Grillaholics Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2
Last updated date: February 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top BBQ Grill Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BBQ Grill Mat you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best BBQ Grill Mat for a detailed review of all the top bbq grill mats.
The Grillaholics Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2 is thin enough to retain flavor and grill marks, but also thick enough to remain durable. Consumers can use the mat on grills or baking sheets and cut them to fit the desired cooking surface. They are safe in temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Grillaholics Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2 placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Grill mats (also called grilling sheets and bbq grill mats) are a revolutionary new way to get better results from your grill. Made from PFOA-free PTFE (more commonly known as Teflon, and the ingredient that makes our grill mats non stick); grill mats provide a non stick cooking surface for your grill that makes grilling easier and more enjoyable. The use of a grill mat allows meat to stay tender and juicy so the flavor sticks to your food, not to your grill. They're also dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On BBQ Grill Mats
Since 75% of the individuals living in the United States own a grill or smoker, there’s a good chance that most households could benefit from a BBQ grill mat.
When shopping for a grill mat, stick with a model that is FDA certified with a nonstick surface. You want the mat to be free of harmful chemicals, BPAs and PFOAs. Otherwise, the chemicals from the mat could seep into the foods you’re grilling. A nonstick surface is also important, as it makes flipping and serving meats and vegetables a breeze.
Check the BBQ grill mat’s durability and heat resistance. Most mats are able to accommodate temperatures between 500 and 600-degrees Fahrenheit.
Review the size of the grill mat and determine whether the size can be altered. For example, you could purchase a large grill mat that can be cut to fit your grill rack. You could also purchase two small grill mats and lay them side by side to accommodate a four-burner grill.
Versatility is also important. Most grill mats can be used to line cookie sheets, cover the area around your stove burners, top the glass plate in your microwave and replace parchment paper for desserts that need to be chilled in a refrigerator or freezer.
Look for product protection in the form of a satisfaction guarantee or a product warranty. Some companies offer something as simple as a 2-year quality guarantee, while others provide an extensive 7-year no-hassle warranty.
The BBQ Grill Mat Buying Guide
- Smaller grill mats won’t fit a two or three burner gas or kettle-style grill.
- Thicker construction is not always better, as they take longer to heat up.
- Don’t overlap your grill mats when using more than one, as they have a tendency to stick together.
- Some BBQ grill mat owners report problems with flareups along the mat’s edges.
- Never place the grill mat directly on a bed of charcoal. Grill mats should always be between 5 and 7 inches above the heat source.
- BBQ grill mats are not the best choice if you’re looking to sear or char your food.
- Reviewers report that some grill mats allow juices to puddle, which can create a bit of a mess.
- While most grill mats can simply be wiped clean using a soapy dish rag, they are dishwasher safe if you don’t want to wash them by hand.
- You can store your grill mats flat in a cabinet or rolled up in a drawer.
- Thickness plays the biggest part in the overall price of BBQ grill mats. The Vremi Heavy Duty Grill BBQ Mat, Set of 5 costs less than the Kona 600 Degree Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2, the Grillaholics Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2 and the RENOOK 600 Degree Non-Stick Grill Mat, Set of 2, as it is just .2 mm thick.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide