ANTARCTICA Military Folding Entrenching Shovel & Multitool
Last updated date: July 6, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Entrenching Shovels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Entrenching Shovel you should buy.
Update as July 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Entrenching Shovel for a detailed review of all the top entrenching shovels.
With this entrenching shovel and multitool, you'll be able to dig your car out from the snow, saw through a tree branch and plant a flower. You can use the tool in compact form or attach one to three extension rods to use the tool upright. The shovel's handle is engineered to be slip-proof and sweat-proof, as well as to be used both with and without gloves.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the ANTARCTICA Military Entrenching Shovel & Multitool placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
16-in-one a fully functional collapsible Military Style shovel ,encompasses all the necessary tools for survival. Compact, Lightweight & Portable. Rugged Construction for Heavy-Duty Use. Serrated Edge & Convenient Carrying Case
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Entrenching Shovels
Entrenching shovels have evolved over the years, and as a result, they are now a useful tool for every adult. They can be used for everyday tasks, as well as stored with other essentials as a part of an emergency kit. If you’re in the market for an entrenching shovel, you’ll want to consider which features are most beneficial for your intended use.
Check the construction material to see how durable the entrenching shovel will be. If you’re using it to dig up the sand on the beach while metal detecting, you don’t need it to be that heavy-duty. However, you’ll need a high-quality shovel for tougher jobs, like gardening and trenching. The REDCAMP Military Folding Camping Entrenching Shovel is made using a high-carbon steel body, making it one of the most durable shovels on the market.
Consider how portable you need the entrenching shovel to be. There are models that use a military tri-fold design that leave them small and compact. They don’t take up very much room and can be stored in the trunk of a car or on a shelf in your garage. The Rhino USA Folding Survival Entrenching Shovel folds in half and comes with a handy carrying case, so you can toss it in your backpack when camping or hiking.
Look for a model with extension rods if you have back problems and bending over to use the tool is painful. For example, the ANTARCTICA Military Entrenching Shovel & Multitool comes with three extension rods. You could attach one, two or all three of the rods to use the shovel at the height that is most comfortable to you. As an added bonus, this model has a slip- and sweat-proof handle that works just as well with bare hands as it does with gloves.
Review how functional the entrenching shovel is. Does it simply dig in dirt, or can it also saw off a tree branch? The iunio Folding Entrenching Shovel & Multitool has a sharpened edge, a serrated edge, a built-in pickaxe, a safety hammer, a bottle opener and an emergency whistle.
The Entrenching Shovel Buying Guide
- Some entrenching tools don’t come properly oiled, so you may want to oil the tool yourself before you use it for the first time.
- Entrenching shovels should not be used by children, as they have many sharp edges.
- Store your entrenching tool in a cool, dry location that is free of humidity.
- If your entrenching shovel is foldable, you’ll need to follow the specific instructions included on the product packaging to take the tool from full-size to compact.
- When you use the shovel head at a 90-degree angle, it works just like a hoe.
- In order to extend the life of your entrenching shovel, you’ll need to keep it clean. After each use, shake the loose dirt and debris off the shovel and then rinse it down with your garden hose. Use a set of old towels to dry the shovel. You don’t want to allow the shovel to stay wet, as this can lead to rusting. Apply a lubricating oil using a lint-free cloth and you’re all done.
- Should your entrenching shovel already have a few rust patches, grab a steel wool pad or a wire brush and gently scrub the rust off the surface of the shovel.
- There are two main price ranges when it comes to entrenching shovels. The Rhino USA Folding Survival Entrenching Shovel and the REDCAMP Military Folding Camping Entrenching Shovel are more affordable, as they don’t include extras like extension rods. You’ll pay a bit more for the added features of the iunio Folding Entrenching Shovel & Multitool and the ANTARCTICA Military Entrenching Shovel & Multitool.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide