REDCAMP Military Folding Camping Entrenching Shovel
Last updated date: July 6, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Entrenching Shovels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Entrenching Shovel you should buy.
Editor's Note July 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Entrenching Shovel for a detailed review of all the top entrenching shovels.
This entrenching shovel has a comfortable triangular handle and a sharp, durable blade. The shovel is extremely reliable, as it's constructed from a heat-treated high-carbon steel. Storage isn't an issue with this model, since it folds up and comes with a small carrying pouch.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the REDCAMP REDCAMP Military Folding Camping Entrenching Shovel placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
REDCAMP is a professional outdoor equipment brand. By adhering to the concept of "Focus on outdoor gears, Made for outdoor life", we strive to provide our customers with the best outdoor experience and post-sales services. Trust Redcamp, enjoy the nature!
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Entrenching Shovels
Entrenching shovels have evolved over the years, and as a result, they are now a useful tool for every adult. They can be used for everyday tasks, as well as stored with other essentials as a part of an emergency kit. If you’re in the market for an entrenching shovel, you’ll want to consider which features are most beneficial for your intended use.
Check the construction material to see how durable the entrenching shovel will be. If you’re using it to dig up the sand on the beach while metal detecting, you don’t need it to be that heavy-duty. However, you’ll need a high-quality shovel for tougher jobs, like gardening and trenching. The REDCAMP Military Folding Camping Entrenching Shovel is made using a high-carbon steel body, making it one of the most durable shovels on the market.
Consider how portable you need the entrenching shovel to be. There are models that use a military tri-fold design that leave them small and compact. They don’t take up very much room and can be stored in the trunk of a car or on a shelf in your garage. The Rhino USA Folding Survival Entrenching Shovel folds in half and comes with a handy carrying case, so you can toss it in your backpack when camping or hiking.
Look for a model with extension rods if you have back problems and bending over to use the tool is painful. For example, the ANTARCTICA Military Entrenching Shovel & Multitool comes with three extension rods. You could attach one, two or all three of the rods to use the shovel at the height that is most comfortable to you. As an added bonus, this model has a slip- and sweat-proof handle that works just as well with bare hands as it does with gloves.
Review how functional the entrenching shovel is. Does it simply dig in dirt, or can it also saw off a tree branch? The iunio Folding Entrenching Shovel & Multitool has a sharpened edge, a serrated edge, a built-in pickaxe, a safety hammer, a bottle opener and an emergency whistle.
The Entrenching Shovel Buying Guide
- Some entrenching tools don’t come properly oiled, so you may want to oil the tool yourself before you use it for the first time.
- Entrenching shovels should not be used by children, as they have many sharp edges.
- Store your entrenching tool in a cool, dry location that is free of humidity.
- If your entrenching shovel is foldable, you’ll need to follow the specific instructions included on the product packaging to take the tool from full-size to compact.
- When you use the shovel head at a 90-degree angle, it works just like a hoe.
- In order to extend the life of your entrenching shovel, you’ll need to keep it clean. After each use, shake the loose dirt and debris off the shovel and then rinse it down with your garden hose. Use a set of old towels to dry the shovel. You don’t want to allow the shovel to stay wet, as this can lead to rusting. Apply a lubricating oil using a lint-free cloth and you’re all done.
- Should your entrenching shovel already have a few rust patches, grab a steel wool pad or a wire brush and gently scrub the rust off the surface of the shovel.
- There are two main price ranges when it comes to entrenching shovels. The Rhino USA Folding Survival Entrenching Shovel and the REDCAMP Military Folding Camping Entrenching Shovel are more affordable, as they don’t include extras like extension rods. You’ll pay a bit more for the added features of the iunio Folding Entrenching Shovel & Multitool and the ANTARCTICA Military Entrenching Shovel & Multitool.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide